Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Cigarettes Be Legal

Koolblue13

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

For meats? Smoked Turkey is pretty good.

Seriously Twa, it's the white house not the tar yellow house. What are you thinking?

Well asking him to step outside to light up could be a security risk,and a bit awkward.

See.

(Apologies to the thread starter for the tangent.)

Illegalizing doesn't usually work. See prohibition, see prostitution, see abortion, see marijuana, heroin, etc. I think it would shrink some numbers or it would shift people into other more dangerous stuff. It is amazing to me the large numbers of the young who get into smoking today. I mean for those 50+ I get that there were all these cool images and they didn't really know what smoking would/could do you or they could pretend to deny knowledge. For anyone my age or younger, the damage was self-aware and self-inflicted.

Burgold, your post brings up a related question I would like to throw out there, with apologies to Kool for any threadjack:

how did you begin smoking? For me, I was 20. I was a jock throughout HS and 2 yrs of CC, but then I started smoking pot. Wouldn't have dreamed of smoking cigarettes -- far as I was concerned there was nothing to be gained; at least a joint got you high -- but then one day I was jonesing for some bud when none was to be found. Just like that I bought my first pack of Marlboro's. Must have taken me a week to smoke that first pack but off I went.

I ask because with so many young people starting, I wonder exactly what the catalyst might be. With me it was a so-called "gateway" drug. Thoughts?

I gave em up 6 years ago when Taylor was born.

They should be legal though, just regulated by the food and drug administration on whats in them. Anything addictive should be removed.

There is already a black market: Buying of cigs in N.C. for 20$ a carton and selling them in N.Y. for 40$ a carton.

Archived