Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should atheist celebrate Christmas?

WVUforREDSKINS

The irony is you calling nonbelievers hypocrites for celebrating a holiday that Christians stole from pagans. In your own words, Christians would be the hypocrites.

And, again using your own words, if its the 'purpose for celebrating' that matters than no one is a hypocrite for celebrating - everyone has there own purpose. Some of us just like to have a nice winter holiday with the family, mabye give thanks to a great man that lived 2,000 years ago. :)

No I would be accurate in my assesment in calling them hypocrites. Becuase that date is known for celebrating Christs birth regardless of who stole what or what date was taken over by christians, it's who and what we celebrate now that matters.

Thus, if you or anyone else doesn't want to celebrate his birth than you should pick another date outside of christmas to have your little winter party.

No I would be accurate in my assesment in calling them hypocrites. Becuase that date is known for celebrating Christs birth regardless of who stole what or what date was taken over by christians, it's who and what we celebrate now that matters.

Thus, if you or anyone else doesn't want to celebrate his birth than you should pick another date outside of christmas to have your little winter party.

In other words, the 25th has already been stolen. Steal your own day? :doh:

For years, i've doubted that there is a god, however I still look forward to Chirstmas because its nice to spend time with family, friends, and exchange gifts etc.

Is this wrong to celebrate the birthday of Jesus Christ? I am not looking for people to answer my question specifically but rather be general since millions are exactly like me.

I'm an agnostic.

My family has always been very casual (fake Xtians).

Meaning, we had a tree and got together with family, but we did sow as a family tradition and keeping in touch. Xmas for me never was about religion.

And actually, Xmas is not a Christian holiday in reality for many reasons. Real Xtians celebrate Easter as the big holiday.

Today I view Xmas as a Cultural Tradition to see and spend time with family and friends.

Christmas is a very, very, Pagan holiday, as well as a Pagan celebration, for many reasons.

(Consumer spending in an economy that is 70% dependent on people buying stuff.)

I'm an agnostic.

Meaning, we had a tree and got together with family, but we did sow as a family tradition and keeping in touch. Xmas for me never was about religion.

And actually, Xmas is not a Christian holiday in reality for many reasons. Real Xtians celebrate Easter as the big holiday.

Today I view Xmas as a Cultural Tradition to see and spend time with family and friends.

Christmas is a very, very, Pagan holiday, as well as a Pagan celebration, for many reasons.

Damn, you need a role model. You sound like Jim Jones.

Shouldn't someone ask to define "Celebrate"

There is obviously a difference between someone who takes the day off work, exchanges gifts with the family, and has a nice dinner

vs going to church, signing carols under the christmas tree and putting a baby Jesus display out front.

There is also a TON of in between.

Shouldn't someone ask to define "Celebrate"

There is obviously a difference between someone who takes the day off work, exchanges gifts with the family, and has a nice dinner

vs going to church, signing carols under the christmas tree and putting a baby Jesus display out front.

There is also a TON of in between.

I will open gifts, eat good, maybe see a movie with family, and may or may not go to Catholic Mass. I'm sure my mom will ask me to.

I'm an agnostic.

They stole that one from the Pagans too. :OLS

I will open gifts, eat good, maybe see a movie with family, and may or may not go to Catholic Mass. I'm sure my mom will ask me to.

Then there would be nothing odd about the opeing gifts with those that celebrate, see family and a movie (Just about every Jew does that), and eat good seems in line with seeing family.

Going to Mass if you are a Athesit is kinda odd no matter what day.

Archived