Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Haven't tried them but I've seen a few new Root Beers hitting the market now after the success of Not Your Fathers. There's a Best Damn Root Beer & a Coney Island Root Beer.

I've heard NYFs has a ginger ale & an orange cream soda coming out.

Are these alcoholic root beers?

You're new here, aren't you. :P

http://smalltownbrewery.com/our-beers/

A ginger ale you say?

Been really into ginger beer and vodka lately.

I say. :)

However I'm not seeing it on their website. But my 7-11 guy across the street as been telling me he's got it on order. I'm thinking maybe it's different brewery now she nice I'm not seeing it on their site?

• Like 1

Haven't tried them but I've seen a few new Root Beers hitting the market now after the success of Not Your Fathers. There's a Best Damn Root Beer & a Coney Island Root Beer.

I've heard NYFs has a ginger ale & an orange cream soda coming out.

The not your fathers root beer tastes like straight syrup almost... disgusting! And I love everything sweet

The coney island root beer is the bomb! Go with this one when you pull one off the shelf, trust me.

I went to get some of the coney island orange creme lastnight but they were out of it, settled on some bells cherry stout and jack daniels for the game today lol

You're new here, aren't you. :P

http://smalltownbrewery.com/our-beers/

I say. :)

However I'm not seeing it on their website. But my 7-11 guy across the street as been telling me he's got it on order. I'm thinking maybe it's different brewery now she nice I'm not seeing it on their site?

I tried some Not Your Father's Ginger Ale a couple weeks ago. Not bad, but very gingery. If you're not a ginger ale fan, you won't like it.

There's a bar down here by me that had the Not Your Father's Orange Soda on tap 2 weeks ago. My brother tried it and said it wasn't bad.

As for the Root "Beers", I think my favorite one is the Coney Island kind. Not as heavy as NYFRB.

I tried some Not Your Father's Ginger Ale a couple weeks ago. Not bad, but very gingery. If you're not a ginger ale fan, you won't like it.

There's a bar down here by me that had the Not Your Father's Orange Soda on tap 2 weeks ago. My brother tried it and said it wasn't bad.

As for the Root "Beers", I think my favorite one is the Coney Island kind. Not as heavy as NYFRB.

Could you mix that with vodka for a super Moscow mule?

Probably. A new go to drink of mine is Crown Apple and Ginger Ale. Meant to try to mix the NYFTGA with the Crown Apple. It could possibly work.

Excellent news! I'm tired of making 3 drinks a night. The potential of only having to make 1.5 makes me giddy.

• Like 2

Interesting, I actually like Not Your Father's Root Beer. I'll have to try some of the others one of these days and see if I agree they're better.

I like it but it does seem to vary in sweetness in different batches, last sixer I got was real syrupy....gave most away.

Had some Flying Dog "Naughty" seasonal the other day. They put some habanero in it and gives it a nice spicy flavor to compliment everything else going on in it. I didn't want 4 of them but I liked it.

They made a "Nice" to go along with it and it was Pretty good. Belgian yeast kinda profile- nice change of pace from some of the winter oil cans.

• 2 weeks later...