Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

930 Club Safety

redskins4life234

So I am going to the 930 club for a concert soon, and my dad is very concerned about the safety issues with it not being the best neighborhood. SO for all yours experiences and knowledge, is it that bad? During a concert are police presence stepped up. I am also planning on taking the metro, but my dad offered to drop me off and come back to drive both ways. Would that be smarter? Im also going to be with 3 other friends, if that makes a difference in size of group.

Yes, your pops is right, it is a pretty bad part of town. Getting dropped off isn't a bad idea. I do think they step up police presence for big venues but not a lot. It's not a huge place. You should be fine either way but it wouldn't hurt to have some peeps with you.

BTW, the 9:30 is a great place to see a show. They have great sound there and it's just a fun place to go all around.

I was there 2 weeks ago. Truth be told, you should be fine with 3 friends using the metro but if YOU feel better being driven and picked up then by all means exercise the option. Who's playing?

BTW- the metro station is one block away so it's a really short walk.

So I am going to the 930 club for a concert soon, and my dad is very concerned about the safety issues with it not being the best neighborhood. SO for all yours experiences and knowledge, is it that bad? During a concert are police presence stepped up. I am also planning on taking the metro, but my dad offered to drop me off and come back to drive both ways. Would that be smarter? Im also going to be with 3 other friends, if that makes a difference in size of group.

If you are chilling there by yourself on a random tuesday night at 3 am then yeah it is skecthy. But when you go druing a concert and you get in and get out with a group of people it is no more dangerous than crossing the street.

Wow, that place is still there?

I remember going to see the Slickee Boys there - must have been in the early 80s.

They still play a yearly show there (the new 930 obviously). They still give a great live performance :)

I've never had any issues. It's obviously not the best area, but I've taken the metro with just my brother and my Mom and haven't had any problems.

Playing is the Academy is.. and We the Kings. Its this monday night. He is almost convinced I am going to get mugged, but I feel if there was that much trouble that went on around the club, a lot of bands and people would not go there.

You're not worth a mugging. No offense or anything. But you're just 17. Muggers tend to mug people that are worth mugging. Like people with nice clothes and a big fat wallet bulging out their back pocket, or really drunk people(it's just easier).

I started going to the 9:30 club when I was 14 or 15. You'll be fine. Just stick with your group of friends and take the ride home. That's what we did.:cheers:

Wow, that place is still there?

I remember going to see the Slickee Boys there - must have been in the early 80s.

9:30's sort of still there--it changed locations since you would likely have been there, Predicto: from the Atlantic Building at 930 F Street...to its current spot near Howard U at 815 V Street NW. Different owners, I believe, as well...

For the OP, the place, to echo everyone else who's said so, is a great great venue for a show, even if the music's a joke, your experience won't be.

I've never had a problem going there. Course, usually I drive in and park in their lot behind the club. I haven't taken Metro there, but it is only a couple of blocks away and the way is pretty open and well lit.

Exactly. I have been there about 20 times in the last few years and I usually just drive and park in one of the small lots in front of the building or on one of the side streets. Taking the metro should be fine as well. it is not the greatest neighborhood in the world, but it is not as bad as many think.

9:30's sort of still there--it changed locations since you would likely have been there, Predicto: from the Atlantic Building at 930 F Street...to its current spot near Howard U at 815 V Street NW. Different owners, I believe, as well...

For the OP, the place, to echo everyone else who's said so, is a great great venue for a show, even if the music's a joke, your experience won't be.

best part of the move was they got rid of that damn pole. I found that thing EVERY show I went to at the old 930, and it hurt!

I used to go shows at the 9:30 and parked down the dark street next to it to avoid paying parking fees in the lot and never had a problem. Usually a homeless person or two after the show asking for some change but never saw anything to be worried about. Have a great time at the show

Archived