Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brace for Another Invasion of FedEx Field

rtandler

Since what happened on the field last Monday night when the Washington Redskins took on the Pittsburgh Steelers was eminently forgettable, the lasting memory of that game will be the sight of the hoards of towel-waving, black-jersey-clad Steeler fans who were all over the stands that night. The estimates vary, but the lowball guesses have it at 10% to 15% of the crowd, or 9,000 to about 13,500.

Get ready for it to happen again when the Dallas Cowboys come to town on Sunday night.

Read the rest of the post here.

I can't remember the exact home game this year, but Johnston was calling it; anyway, we obviously weren't playing the Cowboys and there was a fan sporting Dallas gear. It takes a lot of balls, or stupidity, to show up in that gear for a game between the two none the less when we're not even playing them.

It could get really ugly in the stands very fast. There was a large number of very angry Skins fans at the Monday night game . What the Steelers fans had going for them is that overall, they weren't being obnoxious and in your face. They were cheering for their team and that was it. The DC area Cowboy fan is a different story.

i dont want to let this happen!!! remember only sell tix to redskins fans!

Amy' date=' that's a fine idea, but it's hard to plug the dike when the team itself caters to opposing fans.

Check the 10th listing down, section 115 here, which is right next to the visiting tunnel:

[url']http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/Tickets.aspx?evtid=817425&sortType=desc&sortBy=11[/url]

We're not going to be able to keep them out, let's accept that. What we need to do is play well and have the Skins fans do their part. Even at the game Monday night, when the Skins were up and the fans were into it, the Steelers fans were quiet and not a problem. Opposing fans aren't a problem until they get some energy from the team and the home fans lose steam.

I think most Skins fans like to go to the Dallas game. Those would be the last tickets I would sell.

HOWEVER, its the hottest ticket in town!!! And Cowboys fan would pay a premium to see their favorite team play once a year. Not to mention where a study done showed that D.C. has the most displaced Cowboy fans.

But I agree, I still think that Redskins fans are less likely to sell their tix. I'm just prepared. Its usually not THAT bad.

Every home game I have ever been to...ever...I always see at least one Dallas fan and one Pittsburgh fan. Whether we're playing them or not. I don't even understand it.

This week won't be as bad as last week. Steelers fans do that almost everywhere they play. Just stay loud and stay strong even when things are looking down and there shouldn't be any problems Sunday night.

We're not going to be able to keep them out, let's accept that. What we need to do is play well and have the Skins fans do their part. Even at the game Monday night, when the Skins were up and the fans were into it, the Steelers fans were quiet and not a problem. Opposing fans aren't a problem until they get some energy from the team and the home fans lose steam.

I totally agree. I was at the MNF game and also DVR(ed) the game. I watched the 1st half (because that is all I could stomach) and the Skins fans were loud as heck! You could even hear the fans loudly singing to the Gary Glitter song "HEY YOU SUCK!" It was very clear what we were saying which was cool. Just like most NFL games, the crowd gets quiet when the team starts sucking.

I have been to numerous Pukes/Skins home games, and yes the bandwagoner Puke fans always show up, but there was never a problem with them overtaking our stadium or making a lot of noise on offense, so I'm not too worried about it. They are just more annoying and obnoxious than anything.

The Skins just need to come out with an unstoppable attitude and kick some butt. That is the best weapon we have against any opposing team's fans that dare to show up in our house!

I don't think the Dallas fans have ever come out in the numbers that the Pittsburgh fans did last week. Considering also the down fortunes of the team in recent weeks, it might keep a few away.

I agree. Plus, the Redskins are doing well this year, even more reason for the REAL Redskins fans to show up.

Having a giant stadium is a double edged sword. You will make great revenue for the team and you can make a whole lotta noise...at the expense of what happened last week against the Steelers. Sometimes I wish we actually had a smaller stadium 65-70k where every seat will be a redskin fan.

Having a giant stadium is a double edged sword. You will make great revenue for the team and you can make a whole lotta noise...at the expense of what happened last week against the Steelers. Sometimes I wish we actually had a smaller stadium 65-70k where every seat will be a redskin fan.

Ticket prices would be crazy if they had less seats. Not necessarily by the team, but the resale on the "black market" would be nuts!

I can't remember the exact home game this year, but Johnston was calling it; anyway, we obviously weren't playing the Cowboys and there was a fan sporting Dallas gear. It takes a lot of balls, or stupidity, to show up in that gear for a game between the two none the less when we're not even playing them.

I saw a guy wearing a cowboys jersey at the Browns game. I figured he just lost a bet.

75% of them will have absolutely no connection to the city of Dallas.

I think you're being too generous. I bet 90% of the fans that come to the game rooting for Dallas have never been to Dallas.

That being said, the new stadium that Dallas is building will have the same problems that we have when it comes to opposing fans. Remember, Dallas had trouble selling out when they were a bad team a few years ago. If we can't keep the hordes of opposing fans coming into Landover, become them. Invade the new stadium in Dallas. Make them lose their home field advantage.

This week will be nothing like last Monday night. The Steelers fans dwarf the Cowboys fans. Ive been to probably 10 Dallas games here and nothing was even close nor will it ever be to the Steeler fan turn out.

Dallas has been playing here for 50 years...the Steelers come once a Decade. Its like the Pope coming to town, all the Steelers fans in this area had this game circled on their calender for awhile.

The Steelers represent in huge #'s everywhere they play. I realize that, hopefully our fans realize that now.

Archived