Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brace for Another Invasion of FedEx Field

rtandler

Guys, I hate to break it to ya'll but the Cowboys fans roll just as deep as the Steelers fans, especially around here.

The only difference is that we've beaten the Cowboys in Landover three years straight.

We tend to not notice opposing fans nearly as much when we win the game.

Someone above said that Dallas has never taken over our stadium like Pitt did last week.

Does anybody remember Spurriur's last home game against playoff bound Dallas in 2003 or Gibbs first Monday night back in 2004? Well the Cowboys following over ran FedEx both times.

Opposing fans are not a problem when we win at home and last week would not have been an exception.

I HIGHLY doubt they will come in the numbers that the Steelers came in

I agree completely. Tickets for games at FedEx have been available to the highest bidder for years. This is nothing new. It just so happens that the Steelers have perhaps the most rabid fan base in football.

We've hosted the Cowboys at FedEx every year since the place opened, and although the Dallas fans do show up in decent numbers, they never represent as loudly or as proudly as the Steeler fans did last Monday. I don't expect them to this Sunday night, either.

Guys, I hate to break it to ya'll but the Cowboys fans roll just as deep as the Steelers fans, especially around here.

The only difference is that we've beaten the Cowboys in Landover three years straight.

Someone above said that Dallas has never taken over our stadium like Pitt did last week.

Does anybody remember Spurriur's last home game against playoff bound Dallas in 2003 or Gibbs first Monday night back in 2004? Well the Cowboys following over ran FedEx both times.

I was at that EFFING game. Tons of Cowboys fans no doubt but the Steelers turnout dwarfed what any opposing team has done at FEDEX before.

Ive been living in this area my entire life...had season tix since 1992 and I have never seen a game at FEDEX or RFK and experienced as many visiting fans as the Steelers game PERIOD. Articles werent written for day in the Post and it wasnt the topic of conversation everywhere i went like it was this past week.

The ESPN announcers were ranting about it, our own players and coaches were ranting about it..the media had a field day.

Ive never experienced anything like it and wont again until 2015...when Pittsburgh returns.

Opposing fans are not a problem when we win at home and last week would not have been an exception.

DBL POST SORRY.

I was at that EFFING game. Tons of Cowboys fans no doubt but the Steelers turnout dwarfed what any opposing team has done at FEDEX before.

Ive been living in this area my entire life...had season tix since 1992 and I have never seen a game at FEDEX or RFK and experienced as many visiting fans as the Steelers game PERIOD. Articles werent written for days in the Post and it wasnt the topic of conversation everywhere i went like it was this past week.

The ESPN announcers were ranting about it, our own players and coaches were ranting about it..the media had a field day.

Ive never experienced anything like it and wont again until 2015...when Pittsburgh returns.

I think the difference between the 2 games is this one will Sunday night, not Monday. Different mindset when you have had the day off then go to a game to hope its a great day the next day to start the work week. Where on Monday, you got up early, you already worked, got stuck in traffic just getting there, and the work week had already started and your boss pissed you off cause he didn't let you leave early. Phuck the Cowboys. :D

This week will be nothing like last Monday night. The Steelers come once a Decade. Its like the Pope coming to town, all the Steelers fans in this area had this game circled on their calender for awhile.

The Steelers represent in huge #'s everywhere they play.

Local Steeler fans have a game they can attend in Baltimore every year.

I really think it's just a matter of their huge numbers as a fan base, same w/Dallas. No matter where they play w/the exception of maybe Green Bay, they're gonna buy at least 10% of the tix. The same thing happened in Philly a few weeks back. The only reason you didn't hear much about it was b/c the Eagles beat the Steelers.

Imagine if Pitt were to go to Seattle late in the season w/Seattle out of contention. Tix would be plentiful and Steelers fans would easily take over Qwest, depite being 2,500 miles from their home market.

A true example of a geographically isolated fanbase having a rare opportunity to see a Steelers game w/out having to travel.

I think Tandler is a little off base with this blog post. Nothing has changed from previous years to this year. There are always Cowpie fans at this game and this year will be no different.

They suck right now and the Skins will kick their ass at Fed Ex Field. That's not new either.

HTTR!

Local Steeler fans have a game they can attend in Baltimore every year.

I really think it's just a matter of their huge numbers as a fan base, same w/Dallas. No matter where they play w/the exception of maybe Green Bay, they're gonna buy at least 10% of the tix. The same thing happened in Philly a few weeks back. The only reason you didn't hear much about it was b/c the Eagles beat the Steelers.

Imagine if Pitt were to go to Seattle late in the season w/Seattle out of contention. Tix would be plentiful and Steelers fans would easily take over Qwest, depite being 2,500 miles from their home market.

A true example of a geographically isolated fanbase having a rare opportunity to see a Steelers game w/out having to travel.

True...the thing is though I have a handful of guys that are Steelers fans here in my office/building and they dont make the trip up to B'more every year cuz they always say that they can do it another year since they play their annually...but every single one of those ****s went to the game at FEDEX cuz they say its easier with Metro etc.

as long as we don't give them reason to cheer, cowgirls fans will not be heard. I hope we can run them out of the stadium in the 2nd quarter like we did last year!

But I suspect this one will come down to the last drive. Dallass is fighting for their lives, I hope we have that same sense of urgency.

Articles werent written for days in the Post and it wasnt the topic of conversation everywhere i went like it was this past week.

None of that helped matters and it probably got more attention than normal b/c it was a Monday night and everyone was watching.

Had the Redskins been winning in the second half, it's unlikely Kornhieser and co. would have gone out of their way to fluff and puff about the Steeler fans. Would Wilbon have had any motivation to write such a piece during a victorious bye week?

I still think the ratio will be about the same this Sunday night.

I have been to all but 1 pukes game at JKC/FedEx and I was at the Steelers game.... I have NEVER seen our stadium in that condition.

Dallass fans show up for this game but nothing like the steelers did on MNF. The bigger problem is that the girls fans spend alot of time talking smack to our fans and not so much making noise.

The plus is brokeback fans will leave early if we have the game under control. There is no better sight from the UL than watching hordes of Dallass fans leaving early all over the stadium.

75% of them will have absolutely no connection to the city of Dallas.

:laugh: bwahahahah!!!! Exactly. I'll throw crap pretzels at them :D j/k, I would never waist my crab pretzel or beer. I'm not worried about the amount of fans b/c they will be asleep by the half anyway...where's that guy sleeping on his hand when you need him?

:dallasuck

It really is disgusting how many Cowboys fans show up.

But it sure is wonderful to watch them leaves with their tails between their legs.

:cheers:

Yes, kind of wonder what would have happened Monday night if 'Los doesn't drop that possible pick 6. In 2005, there were a lot of Dallas fans at FedEx but when we jumped out big so quick, they just shut up. However, Monday night was the loudest I'd ever heard FedEx.

I doubt it, man. I've been to lots of Skins/Dallas games over the years, and compared to the Steeler fans Monday night, the Dallas fans are usually just a pesky annoyance. The Steeler fans OWNED the building Monday night.

Once those terrible towels started waving in unison at the end of the National Anthem on Monday night, my buddy and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. We didn't have to say a word, but we each knew immediately that we had never seen anything like it in our building, and our hearts sank.

I'm sure you've been to more games than I have, but I've been to plenty of Skins/Cowboys games over the years, and I'm still blown away by the way the Steelers took the place over. Never seen anything like it. Thing is, even when we were winning the game, the Steeler fans still owned the place. It was surreal.

I have been to all but 1 pukes game at JKC/FedEx and I was at the Steelers game.... I have NEVER seen our stadium in that condition.

Dallass fans show up for this game but nothing like the steelers did on MNF. The bigger problem is that the girls fans spend alot of time talking smack to our fans and not so much making noise.

The plus is brokeback fans will leave early if we have the game under control. There is no better sight from the UL than watching hordes of Dallass fans leaving early all over the stadium.

Amen. your post sums it up.

Yea I don't think it will be a problem this Sunday..I mean its a Redskin, Dallas - fans gonna show up for this so I'm not even worried about the tickets being sold to the opposing fans like that..I mean the other game I can see fans selling the tickets because the excitement for the game wasn't there..Redskins vs. Pitt opposed to Redskins vs. Dallas? C'mon now

I totally agree. I was at the MNF game and also DVR(ed) the game. I watched the 1st half (because that is all I could stomach) and the Skins fans were loud as heck! You could even hear the fans loudly singing to the Gary Glitter song "HEY YOU SUCK!" It was very clear what we were saying which was cool. Just like most NFL games, the crowd gets quiet when the team starts sucking.

I have been to numerous Pukes/Skins home games, and yes the bandwagoner Puke fans always show up, but there was never a problem with them overtaking our stadium or making a lot of noise on offense, so I'm not too worried about it. They are just more annoying and obnoxious than anything.

The Skins just need to come out with an unstoppable attitude and kick some butt. That is the best weapon we have against any opposing team's fans that dare to show up in our house!

Had 'Los not dropped that pick-6 and the punt not been blocked, I'd bet that we'd have been a lot louder.

None of that helped matters and it probably got more attention than normal b/c it was a Monday night and everyone was watching.

Had the Redskins been winning in the second half, it's unlikely Kornhieser and co. would have gone out of way to fluff and puff about the Steeler fans. Would Wilbon have had any motivation to write such a piece during a victorious bye week?

If the Redskins had made noise on the field then the Steelers fans would have been quiet but i still think there will be less Cowboys fans....still will be a lot dont get me wrong but not the same #'s.

We win and there will be 98 threads saying "We Took Back FEDEX FIELD" though..just watch. :cheers:

DBL POST SORRY.

Ive been living in this area my entire life...had season tix since 1992 and I have never seen a game at FEDEX or RFK and experienced as many visiting fans as the Steelers game PERIOD. Articles werent written for days in the Post and it wasnt the topic of conversation everywhere i went like it was this past week.

Most of the Cowboy fans I know see Dallas as the number 2-3 football team to pull for (college team first, sometimes as HS team second) or are haters who just pull for Dallas so they can be asshats.

What is more disappointing is 75000 to 80000 Redskin fans getting out cheered by 9000 to 13,500 Steeler fans. That is what the problem is. It is not people making a buck selling their tickets, it sorry Redskin fans who can't cheer worth a darn.

Sounds alot like the Dallas faithful, but aleast we stick around to the end of the game. We did get embarrassed this past weekend, but the Dallas faithful find ways of embarrassing the bums every week !!

:doh::doh:

Archived