Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did the Redskins start the Giant's dynasty?

Ji

What if we had held on to that big lead we had last year in Game 3 at home.Coughlin would of been fired and the whole franchise would of unraveled. We gave them new life and they haven't looked back.

That game could of buried them but instead they are now the best team in the NFL

Yeah, that second half collapse in week three last year was huge. At 0-3, they would have had a very different mindset. And 3-0, the 'Skins would have had a very different mindset. Shrug. It happened. That's why we need to beat the living snot out of Dallas next weekend. You have an opportunity to put your foot on a the throat of a divisional foe, you do it, and then apply as much pressure as you possibly can. Or else they raise up from the dead and are a pain in your backside.

What if we had held on to that big lead we had last year in Game 3 at home.Coughlin would of been fired and the whole franchise would of unraveled. We gave them new life and they haven't looked back.

That game could of buried them but instead they are now the best team in the NFL

Whoa...not only are the Giants NOT a dynasty nor has a three game loss streak automatically mean a team is doomed for the year ...quit buying into the sports news hype...dont forget in that first week the Giants put up a whole lot of points on Dallas but in the end their D just couldnt stop Dallas....at no time in that week 1 game were the Giants on the road to crumbling...their D just took a couple weeks to find its comfort zone while ESPN doomed them because their D was bad not because the whole team didnt have it together.

Could've made a difference. If they go 0-3 last year they might have fired Coughlin.

But I think this year's Giants are like last year's Cowboys. Playing pretty damn well and right now they would be favored to be the NFC's Super Bowl rep, but by no means is it automatic. However, the way they are playing......I don't see the Redskins beating them at FedEx on the 30th. Which makes this upcoming game against the Cowboys critical.

I won't use the word "dynasty", but I don't believe us blowing that lead meant anything in the long run. They wouldn't have fired Coughlin; the Giants are too well-run of a team to fire a coach of a playoff team after just an 0-3 start. And I for one don't buy into the whole "mindset change" of 0-3. I think they would have been the same team save for an extra tally in the loss column, which I believe would have still put them in the playoffs.

Archived