Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm looking to buy a new HDTV.

ohioskinsfan

I got a 42" Panny plasma too. :cloud9:

Try HERE

It's where I got mine. Check the price: under $800 and free shipping (damn they've gotten cheaper!).

EDIT: Or here for the 1080p version (under $900).

Be careful with the online warehouses. They sometimes end up being refurbished models. And if you have any issues with the TV, returns can be a pain.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Beach_Camera_Beachtr

Definitely do some research if you're buying online. ACW's recommendation of Beach Camera is one of few the positive ones I seen for them.

Take a business & look them up through http://www.resellerratings.com A few minutes is worth saving yourself headache down the road.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Beach_Camera_Beachtr

Definitely do some research if you're buying online. ACW's recommendation of Beach Camera is one of few the positive ones I seen for them.

Take a business & look them up through http://www.resellerratings.com A few minutes is worth saving yourself headache down the road.

Thank you for the website. I knew there were sites that reviewed online retailers I just hadn't attempted to find any yet.

:applause:

For the guys looking at the Samsung. I'm staring at one right now and I kiss it when I go to bed. It is truly amasing. You can see sweat drops on peoples helmets and believe me the field they are playing on is dirtier then you think. Bits of paper and stuff everywhere. I never saw that before. Each individual blade of grass.

Now what you have to decide. Everyone likes to say the word PLASMA. That doesn't mean it's best for you. Plasma has a wicked shiney screen. If you have sunlight coming into the room at a funny angle your screwed. The LCD has sort of a flat textured screen that allows you to take it outside and watch it. NO GLARE. Think hard.

For the guys looking at the Samsung. I'm staring at one right now and I kiss it when I go to bed. It is truly amasing. You can see sweat drops on peoples helmets and believe me the field they are playing on is dirtier then you think. Bits of paper and stuff everywhere. I never saw that before. Each individual blade of grass.

Now what you have to decide. Everyone likes to say the word PLASMA. That doesn't mean it's best for you. Plasma has a wicked shiney screen. If you have sunlight coming into the room at a funny angle your screwed. The LCD has sort of a flat textured screen that allows you to take it outside and watch it. NO GLARE. Think hard.

Panasonic Plasma = Anti-Reflective Coating

Samsung LCDs (Series 650 750 and 850) = Glare worse than some plasmas.

Alright, ill say this right now. You are going to get conflicting advice from pretty much every person. Some here say that 1080p isnt worth it, some live by it. Some are Plasma fan boys, some push LCD like no other. But the bottom line is what do YOU like. Just because we say Plasma's are amazing doesnt mean you should get one if you dont like the picture. Some people prefer the brighter picture of an LCD. Remember, its not us watching the TV every day, you have to. So get what you want to watch, all we can do here is suggest models for you to consider. In the end, the final choice is all yours.

Alright, ill say this right now. You are going to get conflicting advice from pretty much every person. Some here say that 1080p isnt worth it, some live by it. Some are Plasma fan boys, some push LCD like no other. But the bottom line is what do YOU like. Just because we say Plasma's are amazing doesnt mean you should get one if you dont like the picture. Some people prefer the brighter picture of an LCD. Remember, its not us watching the TV every day, you have to. So get what you want to watch, all we can do here is suggest models for you to consider. In the end, the final choice is all yours.
QFT :applause:

Wow I didn't know the plasmas had glare stuff. The flippin saleman wouldn't let me buy one. He was insisting I go LCD. I'm in love with mine, but why the salesman shmucking with me so? Don't tell me it has something to do with him putting more money in his pocket. I'll go in there and choke him.

Wow I didn't know the plasmas had glare stuff. The flippin saleman wouldn't let me buy one. He was insisting I go LCD. I'm in love with mine, but why the salesman shmucking with me so? Don't tell me it has something to do with him putting more money in his pocket. I'll go in there and choke him.

Salesmen tend to push LCD's over plasma for some reason. My Panasonic shows off much less glare than a Samsung LCD that I tried.

Slacky is definitely on the money with his comment. I found that people tend to overstate the problems with plasma and understate problems that (some) LCD's can have.

Both are great technologies though.

Salesmen tend to push LCD's over plasma for some reason. My Panasonic shows off much less glare than a Samsung LCD that I tried.

Slacky is definitely on the money with his comment. I found that people tend to overstate the problems with plasma and understate problems that (some) LCD's can have.

Both are great technologies though.

Plasmas definately can't take the beating an LCD can. I've had both in the boats I've ran and Plasmas will show up with perfect circles on the screen out of nowhere. Could be that something smacked it. I've replace 3 times as many plasmas as lcd on boats, but your house aint gonna be leaving the ground so I wouldn't worry. Unless you live in Cali. I just want mine to last. Does anyone really know the life expectency of one of these things. This TV replaced a 20 year old TV that still had a good picture. As good as technology would allow for back then. You know what I mean. It was still going strong when I got the Flat. I have too much money in this thing for it to die in 2 years.

I checked back and I have replaced 9 plasmas and 2 lcds. One of the LCD problems was I Jammed a big fishing rod into the screen and screwed it up. I didn't tell the owner that though. I just said, "huh, what do ya know about that." It was an accident. Also though, me replacing those plasmas were when they first came out. Technology has gotten better.

Plasmas definately can't take the beating an LCD can. I've had both in the boats I've ran and Plasmas will show up with perfect circles on the screen out of nowhere. Could be that something smacked it. I've replace 3 times as many plasmas as lcd on boats, but your house aint gonna be leaving the ground so I wouldn't worry. Unless you live in Cali. I just want mine to last. Does anyone really know the life expectency of one of these things. This TV replaced a 20 year old TV that still had a good picture. As good as technology would allow for back then. You know what I mean. It was still going strong when I got the Flat. I have too much money in this thing for it to die in 2 years.

The half-life for most TV's these days are usally estimated to be about 20-30 years.

];5799701']Shame you live in Ohio. I work at Circuit City @ Arundel Mills' date=' and I'd help you out if you stopped by.

Samsung is, by far, the best brand we sell. Hands down. Sony's a close second, though.[/quote']

Yeah, thats if your store is still open when he buys his TV. ;)

I really think its arguable as to what the best brand is. Because each brand brings something different to the table. Samsung has a bright picture that catches your eye, but the skin tone on the sets is a bit too pale. Sony on the other hand has much more realistic skin tone, but is a bit darker of an overall picture and can be a bit green at times. Also, not a huge fan of the massive glare you get off Samsung's higher level models.

Archived