Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brooklyn Marine sergeant & wife tortured, slain in Calif.; 4 of his men are arrested

Leonard Washington

sad :(

A Brooklyn-raised Marine sergeant and his new bride were tortured and killed execution-style in their California home - allegedly by four other Marines under his command.

Sgt. Jan Pawel Pietrzak, who was raised in Bensonhurst, and his wife, Quiana, were found bound and gagged in the ransacked house, each shot in the head.

Pietrzak was the suspects' sergeant at Camp Pendleton, Quiana's mother said Wednesday.

"They're monsters," Faye Jenkins told the Daily News. "They're monsters."

Pietrzak's mother, Henryka Pietrzak-Varga, said she had prepared herself "for the possibility that my son could die in Iraq."

"But to die like this, in their own home?" she told The News. "They were good kids. They didn't deserve to die like this."

Investigators said the motive for murder was "financial gain." Neither mother believes that.

"When I found out what they did to them, it was like they killed me, too," Pietrzak-Varga said.

A spokesman for the Riverside County district attorney's office would not comment on reports that Pietrzak was killed by his own men.

Detectives also did not divulge what the accused Marines were looking for, but the suspects were tied to the crime by items found in their homes and on the military base.

Born in Poland, Pietrzak was 10 when he moved to the U.S. and enlisted after the 9/11 attacks. He was named Jan Pawel, which means John Paul, after the Polish pontiff.

A mechanic who worked on helicopters, Pietrzak, 24, met his wife three years ago at a party for Marines being deployed to Iraq.

Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, who worked for the county's Black Infant Care Center, was reluctant to date a Marine. But Pietrzak wooed her, and they were married in August.

"They were in love," her mother-in-law said. "It didn't matter to them that they had different skin colors."

The bride wore her favorite white Converse sneakers, and she was still in the process of writing thank-you cards when she was killed.

"She was our only child and my best friend," Faye Jenkins said. "He was like my son. He was so proud to be a Marine. But when he was off the base, he was my son."

more in the link http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/11/05/2008-11-05_brooklyn_marine_sergeant__wife_tortured_-2.html

amd_marine.jpg

Investigators said the motive for murder was "financial gain."

Tortured and murdered?...obviously we are missing some major info

Yeah, I wondered about that, myself.

Was the guy a rich Marine Corps Sergeant?

Still. Mostly, this just depresses me. I'm starting to feel like some of Mass's posts read. :)

Capital punishment, definitely.

Eye for an eye. Call it barbaric, call it what you will, but I bet people will think twice before committing such horrific acts.

And no lengthy drawn out 15 year appeal crap. Your lawyer has 1 year from date of conviction to prove your innocence. There is WAY too much scientific procedures to try and reverse a conviction to have to wait 15 years on death row.

There has to be something big missing from this story.

I have to confess. I've seen stories claiming that there's increasing gang activity in our military. 'Course, I've seen a lot of "stories" about our military.

I have to confess, I've been wondering, though. Because the actions described sound, to me, to sound a lot more like a gang than like Marines.

But I've been keeping my mouth shut on the speculation, because I didn't want it to be interpreted as me slandering our military, which is not my intent.

Archived