Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Palin was actually dumber than I thought

Cooked Crack

\

The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the story about Palin — not the Fox News story itself. While Palin has denied that she mistook Africa for a country, the veracity of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony.

So the original story still stands, MSNBC's follow up when they were trying to identify the leak does not.

I actually had to break up a fight last night while bar tending, because two grown men (50's) got into a fight because one called Palin an idiot and the other called her brilliant.

They also argued the same thing about Christie Whitman.

Unbelievable. Although it's funny to watch a 50 year old hippy threaten to smash a wine glass in the face of a haggered republican blogger.

Christie Whitman the liberal republican?

Yeah of course all liberals and dems are smart and wont believe Sarah can hold her own.

Liberals love to show how brilliant they are by trying to spend other peoples money and yet prevent blue collars from ascending to white collar and beyond.

Palin is quite smart and will be a force for conservatives which will disappoint the liberals, moderates and good ole boy types in the GOP who brought the party down.

Some of you are eating crow. Lovin' it. So, everything that the op posted was false. A lie. And no video because it never happened.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_en_tv/palin_hoax

MSNBC retracts false Palin story; others duped

By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer David Bauder, Ap Television Writer – Wed Nov 12, 11:33 pm ET

NEW YORK – MSNBC was the victim of a hoax when it reported that an adviser to John McCain had identified himself as the source of an embarrassing story about former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, the network said Wednesday.

OK, so MSNBC says it was duped. That doesn't have anything to do with the original reporting. Carl Cameron originally reported it on Fox news. Did he claim he was duped? I haven't seen this.

In the original story Carl Cameron says, "I wish I could have told you about it at the time, but all of it was put off the record until after the election"

I haven't heard a retraction from him.

You can watch him say it yourself... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc

So this fraud Martin Eisenstadt dupes MSNBC with a false story, AFTER the original report by Carl Cameron on Fox News. MSNBS makes a reference to it in a news story, and now MSNBC is retracting that report.

How does this take away from Carl Cameron on Fox News and his original report?

It doesn't. Until Cameron makes a retraction, the Palin stories still have merit.

Here's Cameron's Corner. I don't see any retraction. http://cameron.blogs.foxnews.com/

Cameron tells Chicago Tribune columnist Phil Rosenthal, "The people who put this out, and it's senior McCain staff, are now in the cross hairs themselves for attacking the running mate, which by proxy means attacking the ticket they were trying to elect."
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fnc/carl_cameron_talksand_so_does_martin_eisenstadt_100412.asp That certainly does not sound like a retraction.

In fact, some would say Cameron's original report has even more merit, because this guy Eisenstadt has gone to great lengths to make a false story AFTER the original story came out. Almost like he's trying to lay a smoke screen and get false information out there.

So the original story still stands, MSNBC's follow up when they were trying to identify the leak does not.

Right, that's the way that MSNBC's retraction reads.

MSNBC was the victim of a hoax when it reported that an adviser to John McCain had identified himself as the source of an embarrassing story about former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, the network said Wednesday.

This is a retraction that the source of the information leak was false, not the information itself, this says nothing about the authenticity of the information.

The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the story about Palin not the Fox News story itself. While Palin has denied that she mistook Africa for a country, the veracity of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony.

I'm actually watching Fox News and Carl Cameron just dropped some previously off the record info from the trail. He said Palin didn't know whether Africa was a country or a continent and she didn't even know the countries in NAFTA. I'm sure there will be video of it online soon but cot damn thank goodness we avoided that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_141653.html

According to Dick Morris she is quite smart, and he explains the back biting going on right now also

It was resurrected by someone who thought they found a smoking gun to prove that the accusations against Palin were false, but the problem was that they didn't read the article that simply did not support their claim.

Read it thoroughly and completely. Cameron always claimed a source. That source was outed. That source is a liar. Too many others, including Palin, have said these accusations are nothing but lies. Funny how one other reporter (Van Susteren) from FOX says these are lies.

Oh yeah, the book thing. Funny how she banned Harry Potter before it was actually written. Yep, funny how this stuff gets reported and exposed as lies sometime later.

Read it thoroughly and completely. Cameron always claimed a source. That source was outed. That source is a liar. Too many others, including Palin, have said these accusations are nothing but lies. Funny how one other reporter (Van Susteren) from FOX says these are lies.
Cameron's source wasn't outed. The article specifically says that.

Oh yeah, the book thing. Funny how she banned Harry Potter before it was actually written. Yep, funny how this stuff gets reported and exposed as lies sometime later.
Funny how you obviously didn't even watch the video I posted. I'd say you have a reading comprehension problem but I don't think the problem stops there.

Cameron's source wasn't outed. The article specifically says that.

Funny how you obviously didn't even watch the video I posted. I'd say you have a reading comprehension problem but I don't think the problem stops there.

Then why did Cameron mention only one source? That source has been outed, unless you know of another source? Sure, let's make it personal - I'd say you have a reading comprehension problem and it's mixed with denial tendencies - and the problems probably don't stop there.

No- you read it thoroughly and completely. We're talking about two completely different sources. The source of the Fox News report has not been outed. MSNBC got duped into thinking that they uncovered the source, but that person was actually made up. Cameron's source(s) told him these things during the campaign, he knows who the sources are- and my guess is they would be actual people. Van Susteren came up from under Governor Palin's skirt for some air and said that her source had never heard these stories.

I'll clarify- Van Susteren's source is a 3rd party not affiliated with Cameron's source, or MSNBCs fake-out source.

You need to take your own advice and reread the article. It doesn't say what you think it says. Also Cameron had 3 sources and other reporters have said they were told the same.

(around 1:15 for the number of sources)

Harry Potter was written during the time she was mayor. Lets stop getting off topic.

You seriously want me to read the article again? Why so I can quote to you again that this retraction was about the source of the information and not the authenticity of the information, as I quoted to you once before and that has been established by a simple reading of the article?

Sorry, mate you jumped the gun and got burned.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081113/ap_en_tv/palin_hoax

NEW YORK – MSNBC was the victim of a hoax when it reported that an adviser to John McCain had identified himself as the source of an embarrassing story about former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, the network said Wednesday.

The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the story about Palinnot the Fox News story itself. While Palin has denied that she mistook Africa for a country, the veracity of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony.

B_B, seriously man, read the article it does not say what you want it to say.

So, who is this souce? There is only one according to Cameron. That source has been outed. Unless you know who the "other" source is, then it is a massive fail by Cameron and "his source".

Uh, the Harry Potter thing was when she was a member of the city council and the book was published in 1997 or 1998 as I recall. Her actions supposedly took place in the early or mid nineties.

Ah yes, Van Susteren. The one reporter who has had direct access to the campaign and Gov. Palin. That makes her more credible than Cameron and his single source.

It really doesn't say what some of you are hoping it would say. A source has been outed. Cameron had a source.

Where in that article does it say that a source was "outed"?

It says no such thing

David Shuster, an anchor for the cable news network, said on air Monday that Martin Eisenstadt, a McCain policy adviser, had come forth and identified himself as the source of a Fox News Channel story saying Palin had mistakenly believed Africa was a country instead of a continent.

In fact what it does say is that Eisenstadt came forward himself and presented himself as the source, not that he was outed.

Archived