Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sojourners: Jim Wallis: James Dobson’s ‘Letter From 2012 in Obama’s America’

AsburySkinsFan

not to say one way or the other right or wrong but the Bible does say that homosexuality is an abomonation. It is not to say I condone or defend it, just that it does.

1Cor 6:9-10

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals, 10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

do you think EVERYONE was guilty when God flooded the Earth?

do you think EVERYONE was guilty in Sodom and Gommorah?

what about Job? You think he was guilty of anything?

was Cain?

A. That's Old Testament. As Christian, we see a break with the Old Testament.

But, yes, everyone was guilty in Sodom and Gommorah. God was asked to spare the town if he could find 10 good people. That's why he sent the angels. They found no good people.

Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?"

He answered, "For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it."

Note: This may prove why Jews are good lawyers.

And, yes, everyone was guilty in the Flood.

5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.

That's only if you take the Bible literally of course. Which I am told is the only way to read it unless you are a Liberal like me.

not to say one way or the other right or wrong but the Bible does say that homosexuality is an abomonation. It is not to say I condone or defend it, just that it does.

1Cor 6:9-10

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived! The sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, passive homosexual partners, practicing homosexuals, 10 thieves, the greedy, drunkards, the verbally abusive, and swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God.

It's funny to me which verses Xtians cherry-pick to follow....for example

In the 11th Chapter of Leviticus:

And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Hope you haven't eaten any shrimp recently.

**Edit: www.godhatesshrimp.com for a good laugh

Do you not see a flaw in this argument?

Evidence of human activity IS information that humans lived in the area.

That's exactly the point. We can draw that conclusion without having to explain how the humans got there, or who they were, etc. It is illogical and ultimately self-defeating to reject an explanation just because there might not be an explanation for the explanation.

Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man has sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual intercourse with a woman, the two of them have committed an abomination. They must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves

Leviticus 11:9-12

" 'Of all the creatures living in the water of the seas and the streams, you may eat any that have fins and scales. 10 But all creatures in the seas or streams that do not have fins and scales—whether among all the swarming things or among all the other living creatures in the water—you are to detest. 11 And since you are to detest them, you must not eat their meat and you must detest their carcasses. 12 Anything living in the water that does not have fins and scales is to be detestable to you.

Leviticus 19:27-28

27 " 'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard. 28 " 'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

2 minutes too late LKB. nice try though.

I do love when non believers and athiests try to come in and use something they obviously dont believe in against those who do believe.

how can you quote and throw something in my face if you are a non believer?

thats not meant for you particularly LKB, just a general question.

Leviticus 20:12

12 " 'If a man sleeps with his daughter-in-law, both of them must be put to death. What they have done is a perversion; their blood will be on their own heads.

Leviticus 20:18

18 " 'If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people.

That's exactly the point. We can draw that conclusion without having to explain how the humans got there, or who they were, etc. It is illogical and ultimately self-defeating to reject an explanation just because there might not be an explanation for the explanation.

The main difference being that we as humans know factually that humans exist and can thus logically draw this conclusion.

If I was a God capable of creating universes and I came across another universe, I would conclude that a God must have created it.

The idea of an eternal God or an eternal universe has no way for us to deferintiate between. Either is plausible.

I may be the only person here who has read Leviticus from beginning to end.

It's a law book that explains how a nomadic tribe can survive in the desert. In reality' date=' it has as much bearing on us in the modern world as the Roman tax code.[/quote']

umm..thats a pretty bold statement considering there are more then a few christians posting in here...but whatever.

Leviticus 24:13

13 Then the LORD said to Moses: 14 "Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him. 15 Say to the Israelites: 'If anyone curses his God, he will be held responsible; 16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death.

Even in a situation where it is certain that innocents will be executed some of the time?

Show me where.

Jude 7-16

Romans 13-(especially versus 2-4) speaks to christians obeying the governing bodies which make the laws.

1 peter 2:13-14 Talks again about governing bodies and the power God gives them to punish evildoers.

All right, before this gets totally carried away...

There are three kinds of Old Testament Laws: Civil, Ceremonial, and Moral. Sometimes they overlap.

Civil Law is the Law of Old Testament Israel. It's things like taxes, criminal penalties, etc. It overlaps Moral Law a bit, because sometimes it proscribes a Civil punishment for violation of a Moral Law.

Cermemonial Law is the Laws designed to keep the Jew ceremonially "clean". This includes things like diet, what to do with mold, and the like.

Moral Law are the Laws that talk about right and wrong. This includes most of the Ten Commandments, as well as the underlying actions behind violations of Civil Law.

Now, let's look at how each of these applies to the Christian (I have no idea how orthodox Jews like Dr. Laura reconcile this in their minds):

Civil Law no longer applies to us, because we do not live in the Biblical State of Israel. I'm not going to be sending grain to the Temple.

Ceremonial Law no longer applies to Christians because Jesus was the ultimate Sacrifice that made all things clean.

Moral Law is still in full force.

So, I can walk to Fuddruckers on Saturday and eat a bacon-cheeseburger while wearing a moldy poly-cotton shirt, but I'm not allowed to lie to my wife about it later ("Really, honey... I was exercising. I just went for a walk!"). :)

The main difference being that we as humans know factually that humans exist and can thus logically draw this conclusion.

If I was a God capable of creating universes and I came across another universe, I would conclude that a God must have created it.

The idea of an eternal God or an eternal universe has no way for us to deferintiate between. Either is plausible.

Now you're changing the argument. You suggested that it was logically flawed for a theist to claim God as a cause for the universe when there is no appreciable cause for God. That isn't a flaw at all, as I showed.

Whether or not there are good reasons to believe in a finite universe vs. an infinite one, or God being infinite, is a different question altogether.

He is not the first one to put out a 2012 message.

Its a worse case scenario as the article says.

James Dobson has been studying the bible for over 25 years but people still believed Obama when Obama said therew was many paths to Christ critisizing James Dobson.

As a God fearing Christian how can anyone support Obama?

They can't.

I think these sum it up pretty well.

Matthew 13:15; 2 Timothy 4:2-4; Hosea 4:6

Archived