Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sojourners: Jim Wallis: James Dobson’s ‘Letter From 2012 in Obama’s America’

AsburySkinsFan

That does not mean we should allow explanations that are not grounded.

There is nothing wrong with having partial knowledge (e.g. it is likely that humans were here because we found evidence of human activity and we know what human activity looks like). I am not sure how lacking the knowledge about the way humans got there changes anything.

None of this has anything to do with the very limited point I was attempting to make.

Try reading the New Testament. Both Jesus and Paul say that food cannot make a person unclean. It's because Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice.

change your tone if you wanna have a decent conversation to me or speak to the person you think is confused.

i might not have known that part but that doesnt mean i havent read the new testament.

Nice, real nice.

The only problem is that each of those could be used against you in the same manner, but then I'm not the one saying that because you appose Obama that you're a non-Christian.

The DMC platform in no way agrees with Christianity.

So yes I do have an issue with someone who claims to be a christian, and votes for someone who supports that platform.

* there are always execeptions

Does that mean a Chrisitan has to vote for a Republican... nope it sure doesn't.

I do believe a christian who votes is accountable for what he/she voted for.

I do not believe a christian has to vote for another christian either, but I do believe we have to vote for someone who is moral.

change your tone if you wanna have a decent conversation to me or speak to the person you think is confused.

i might not have known that part but that doesnt mean i havent read the new testament.

I didn't intend to imply that you hadn't read the New Testament, though if tone's an issue, I'd have to say "physician, heal thyself". :silly:

cap pun is supported by the bible.
Is it?

I don't know if the Lord Jesus would agree. But I could be wrong.

When the days drew near for him to be taken up, he set his face to go to Jerusalem. And he sent messengers ahead of him, who went and entered a village of the Samaritans, to make preparations for him. But the people did not receive him, because his face was set toward Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw it, they said, "Lord, do you want us to tell fire to come down from heaven and consume them?"

But he turned and rebuked them. And they went on to another village.

(Luke 9:51-56 ESV)

Emphasis mine.

What was it? I fail to see any non-obvious meaningful conclusions coming from the "thought excirise" you provided.

I'm not really sure how to put it any differently. My point was simply that given an hypothetical explanation "A" for data "B", it is not necessary to also have an explantion for "A". "A" can itself remain unexplained, and still be a useful explanation.

I'm not really sure how to put it any differently. My point was simply that given an hypothetical explanation "A" for data "B", it is not necessary to also have an explantion for "A". "A" can itself remain unexplained, and still be a useful explanation.

As long as we agree that this has nothing to do with arguments about existence or nonexistent of God.

You'll have to talk to Richard Dawkins, I guess, because he seems to think that "who designed the designer" is an effective argument.

Do you have his #? ;)

I think the "who designed the designer" argument simply shows where the silly "there must be a designer" argument goes if followed.

To me it is the height of Christian ignorance and arrogance to state that voting for a certain candidate over another in a political campaign is mandated by morality. That is just ignorant and arrogant.

So... if you had to summarize your feelings using only two adjectives, what would they be? :silly:

you 2 are BOTH very intelligent on matters like this. can we just squash this and get back to what we are really doing here?

I respect both of you when it comes to matters of religion but this is kind of bickering and beneath the both of you. :2cents:

He started it.......:)

To me it is the height of Christian ignorance and arrogance to state that voting for a certain candidate over another in a political campaign is mandated by morality. That is just ignorant and arrogant.

why is it ignorant or arrogant for us to try and spread the word? that is what God told us to do. It is what everyone does when they have an agenda.

Obama does it with his commercials and campaign.

so does McCain.

Paul is talking about those in the church not the government, not about denying civil rights to gays.

Now I know how JUMBO feels about me. That verse isn't talking about gays:doh:

Yes! I love this verse especially when it is used as a blanket approval or God ordained blessing for everything that a government does, wonderful, and its perfect when reading Revelation that talks about how the powers of the Earth come against God....wait God ordained governments attacking God...uhhh? Oh, maybe that's not supposed to be a universal application.

Yeah, more universal application wonderful.

Of course it isn't blind adherance to any law the govt passes. But within the framework of what God allows, we are to obey them. Cap Pun falls into that catagory.

I repeated those two words, ignorance and arrogance, because they can be especially dangerous when they are displayed in combination.

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but it doesn't really matter because I am much, much smarter than you.

Archived