Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Preditions for this seasons 3rd quarter?

hunterx

So we have had a real good first and second quarter, going 3-1 in each. The schedule is this:

vs Steelers

Bye (Cowboys have Bye too)

vs Cowboys

@ Seattle

vs Giants

I'm going to say we split this 4 game stint, going 2-2. The Steelers are going to be extremely tough if we can't get Big Ben sacked. The Cowboys will probably get Romo sits to pee back and will be out for blood. I think we'll win that game, though. Going to Seattle, we have an advantage with Zorn on our side. I think the Giants may get the best of us as they have very little health problems right now.

vs Steelers WIN (Steelers are more banged up than us, have a short week, and have to come to Fed Ex.)

Bye

vs Cowboys WIN (Tony won't be 100% and we have owned them at home for the past few years)

@Seattle WIN (Seattle has been awful this year and we will finally beat them on the road)

vs Giants WIN (revenge is a dish best served cold)

vs Steelers WIN (Steelers are more banged up than us, have a short week, and have to come to Fed Ex.)

Bye

vs Cowboys WIN (Tony won't be 100% and we have owned them at home for the past few years)

@Seattle WIN (Seattle has been awful this year and we will finally beat them on the road)

What do you mean the Steelers have a short week?

Unfortunately, the Skins have a recent history of severly blowing this part of the schedule. In 2005 after going 5-3 at the midway point, the Skins went 1-3 during this part of the season. In 2007 after again going 5-3 at the midway point, the Skins did even worse and went 0-4. Both times they blew good starts and put themselves behind the 8-ball.

If they even split the next 4 games and go 2-2, it will be a HUGE improvement over both the 2005 and 2007 seasons. I'm hoping for at least 3-1 again, though...:applause:

3-1. Can't seem to win in Seattle regardless of how much they suck this year.

That's the game I've been looking at as our next loss too, sighs. We just don't mesh up there.

3-1, putting us at 9-3, in a GREAT position in the division with 4 wins.

Given the Steelers injury's, we win a real close, real hard, good, old fashioned, bloody nosed dog fight through Suishams kicking; Romo sits to pee can't win for **** at FedEx, so we sweep the enemy, and the momentum carries us past the Giants at a rocking FedEx.

Oh I love the prediction game, the prerogative of being a fan.

Hail.

I think we split with Pitt and Dallas.

If Hasselback is out then we beat the Seahawks....west coast games are always a challenge though.

Giants game is going to be tough......I know its a revenge game but they are the best team in football right now.

If we can go 2-2 I would not complain.

We'd be sitting at 8-4 with road games against Cincy, SF, Balt & Philly at home....I think we go 3-1 over the final 4 games and finish the season 11-5 barring a total injury-meltdown of some sort.

I like this trend of so far of 3-1 in each quarter so far. That would put us right where we want to be. But the only team I could stand us to lose to would be Steelers. So I think 4-0 it is lol.

And if we want a chance to win the division we need to beat the Cowboys & Giants.

Bye

+1

Everyone is giving the Steelers TOOOO much credit!

3-1 or 2-2 or even 1-3. We play the way we have the last 3 weeks and the Steelers, Cowboys and Giants could beat us. We have to play better. Since 3 out of those 4 teams are winners; then we should be playing up to their level. That should give us a good chance to win 3 games. The Seahawks, we should crush. They suck, so that means we could get upset, like the Rams game.

As much as it pains me to say this, we are gonna get blown out by the Steelers. They are on a 13 game winning streal on MNF. This Skins can't seem to find the endzone. Or strength, Clinton Portis, will be shut down by the #1 run D. Jason Campbell is going to have a tough time against the #2 pass D. We are going to be down Shawn "glassman" Springs yet again and this is one week that we NEED the glassman. Carlos and Smmot are probably going to cover Ward and Holmes. That leaves Washington wide open because Torrence or Tryon will be covering him.

I predicting a 34-10 Loss to the Steelers.

Depending on what the Cowpukes do next week and if Romo sits to pee is ready that could very well be another loss. Seattle is a dreadful team, but it is IN Seattle and if the Skins are on a two game losing streak I could see a three game slide. Then we come back home against the Giants and we may go 0-4.

Look I am just as excited as everyone that we are 6-2, but the Skins look like they are teetering on the brink of either greatness or dissaster. Hopefully, I am dead wrong, but the past three weeks where they should have destroyed the Rams, Browns and Lions they only outscored these dreadful teams by 9 points. I am hopeful that this team plays either down or up to the level of their opponents. Only time will tell.

C'mon Skins prove me wrong.

Unfortunately, the Skins have a recent history of severly blowing this part of the schedule. In 2005 after going 5-3 at the midway point, the Skins went 1-3 during this part of the season. In 2007 after again going 5-3 at the midway point, the Skins did even worse and went 0-4. Both times they blew good starts and put themselves behind the 8-ball.

If they even split the next 4 games and go 2-2, it will be a HUGE improvement over both the 2005 and 2007 seasons. I'm hoping for at least 3-1 again, though...:applause:

Yeah, this part of the season always gives me nightmares. I get my confidence up, only to have it ripped out with some bad losses. At least we are playing decent teams during this stretch, rather than possibly taking ugly losses to bad teams.

This looks like a very tough stretch here. I'll be happy if the Skins go 2-2. The "easiest" game is a road game in Seattle, a place that has tormented this team the last few years. That said, I think they beat the Seahawks (not very good this year--but may have Hasslebeck back by then) and the Giants (I think the Skins will bring their "A" game in this one).

Archived