Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Are You Voting Obama?

robotfire

I think Obama has the potential to be a great president. But, I also have many reservations about him.

I worry that our government and elected officials have become entities onto themselves, focusing more and more on the consolidation of power and less and less on the individual or the right of the individual to be free from governmental interfence. This is not a criticism merely Republicans or Democrats--it is a criticism of both parties.

What was the question?

The notion that people voting for Obama are the "sheep" is hilarious. What does it say about someone who's witnessed the past 8 years and would STILL vote for the GOP's candidate? Not to paint everyone voting for McCain/Palin with the same brush, but spare me the notion that the those voting democratic are blindly casting their ballots.

And to contribute to the thread: Palin

The notion that people voting for Obama are the "sheep" is hilarious. What does it say about someone who's witnessed the past 8 years and would STILL vote for the GOP's candidate? Not to paint everyone voting for McCain/Palin with the same brush, but spare me the notion that the those voting democratic are blindly casting their ballots.

No more blindly than the rest of us.

The answer we were looking for was "Because I don't know jack:pooh: about him, but he makes me feel good."

ya something like that. it's better than- I know that he's a walking pos that's following in the footsteps of a moron named dubya ;). sorry, gonna have to go for "what's behind door number two" instead of going for the life time supply of rubber duckys. :laugh:

Obama is the candidate who can restore the American dream; only in America is his story even possible- he can bring leadership for the change that we need, for our economy, our energy problem, our broken healthcare system and improve our standing in the world.

See--this is the line of thought I completely disagree with. Only WE the AMERICAN PEOPLE can do the things you mentioned in your post. Only by working together and recognizing our common interests and common goals can we accomplish those worthy tasks. No one man can be a savior. To expect it from Obama will only lead to disappointment. We need to stop looking for saviors and start looking at ourselves.

See--this is the line of thought I completely disagree with. Only WE the AMERICAN PEOPLE can do the things you mentioned in your post. Only by working together and recognizing our common interests and common goals can we accomplish those worthy tasks. No one man can be a savior. To expect it from Obama will only lead to disappointment. We need to stop looking for saviors and start looking at ourselves.

I don't disagree with you; let me clarify and point out that I stated his LEADERSHIP would help guide us. That is what the President does, he or she is the leader of the country. I happen to think that Obama will be a strong leader, but you are absolutely correct- he will not do it by himself, it will take all of us working hard and sacrificing. In any event, I would not characterize W as being the kind of leader that we've needed the past 8 years.

Holy crap, keep the debates out of this thread. I want to know IN ONE SENTENCE why he's a good candidate. I told some people at work that I wasn't sure who I was voting for, and they looked at me like I was retarded. I want to know why Obama is clearly the right choice, in one sentence.

Archived