Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Are You Voting Obama?

robotfire

That's debateable, in that we cannot predict the future. You can only build you opinion based on what you see as possibilites.

What's funny (read ironic) is that when Obama went last the Right said it was nothing but a photo op, so what's to say that if did go every month lets say, that it wouldn't just be called a series of photo ops? BTW, when was the last time Bush visited?

Well it was made out to be with Charles Gibson, Kattie Couric, and Brian Williams following him every where you didn't see them follow Biden the 7 other times he had visited or McCain. Well if he did it would be different but he didn't go every month he just once. Bush I believied visited over Easter but I know he has been thier more times then Mr. Obama.

Well it was made out to be with Charles Gibson, Kattie Couric, and Brian Williams following him every where you didn't see them follow Biden the 7 other times he had visited or McCain.

And that's Obama's fault how? If the media throws a circus in your wake that's their fault.

Well if he did it would be different but he didn't go every month he just once. Bush I believied visited over Easter but I know he has been thier more times then Mr. Obama.

It wouldn't be different if he went every month, Rush Windbag and his ilk would still say that it was just an elaborate campaign to pander regardless of Obama's intentions, just like how they say Obama voted against funding the troops, when McCain voted against funding them too while completely ignoring why each of them did.

And I certainly would hope that Bush would have visited more, he IS the commander in chief and he did send them, but you don't see him over there more than once a year or so. As for McCain when he goes he comes back and lies saying that Iraq is peaceful and Gen. Patraeus walks around with no armor on. Sorry, but visiting Iraq often or not is not a test of one's support for the troops there, what they are doing in DC to support them and bring them home ASAP is the true test, and not using them to further a misguided political agenda. That's the test of support.

Because im not a millionaire. And if you are reading this, you have no reason to support Bush III (which he is, there is NO denying that) unless you are rich. The GOP doesn't give a **** about you. McCain sold his soul to a party that pollutes the mind by telling you "flag and freedom" "America this, America that" just to get your vote. When they demonize the other candidate for usually being pro choice and gun regulation. They play on fear and Christian ideology so they can shove a big red, white, and blue **** up your redneck ass.

The GOP of late, uses things like abortion, religion, and gun rights to screw you over on things that really matter like the deficit and war.

And that's Obama's fault how? If the media throws a circus in your wake that's their fault.

It wouldn't be different if he went every month, Rush Windbag and his ilk would still say that it was just an elaborate campaign to pander regardless of Obama's intentions, just like how they say Obama voted against funding the troops, when McCain voted against funding them too while completely ignoring why each of them did.

And I certainly would hope that Bush would have visited more, he IS the commander in chief and he did send them, but you don't see him over there more than once a year or so. As for McCain when he goes he comes back and lies saying that Iraq is peaceful and Gen. Patraeus walks around with no armor on. Sorry, but visiting Iraq often or not is not a test of one's support for the troops there, what they are doing in DC to support them and bring them home ASAP is the true test, and not using them to further a misguided political agenda. That's the test of support.

Iraq is peaceful just because the news tells you it isn't doesn't mean it is because it is. Now I have been working for certian organizations within the government realm for a couple of years I can tell our troops have been strides for the last 2 years. Regardless if you beleive the war is wrong you can not just up and leave it doesn't work like that. I was not pressing upon my beliefs to you but thats how I feel and many Vets feel the same way.

Iraq is peaceful just because the news tells you it isn't doesn't mean it is because it is. Now I have been working for certian organizations within the government realm for a couple of years I can tell our troops have been strides for the last 2 years.

Strides does not equal safe or peaceful, those where John McCain's words not mine, he was the one who said Baghdad was safe and that Gen. Patraeus walked around without body armor, something that the General himself denied.

Regardless if you beleive the war is wrong you can not just up and leave it doesn't work like that. I was not pressing upon my beliefs to you but thats how I feel and many Vets feel the same way.

Who said up and leave? This is the mischaracterization from the GOP and the Right wing, no one is "up and leaving" and if you think that a President Obama will do that then you have drunk deep at the well of the GOP and as such I stand by my initial comment about drinking kool-aide. I know that's not how many vets feel, but your feelings and theirs don't make you right.

Strides does not equal safe or peaceful, those where John McCain's words not mine, he was the one who said Baghdad was safe and that Gen. Patraeus walked around without body armor, something that the General himself denied.

Who said up and leave? This is the mischaracterization from the GOP and the Right wing, no one is "up and leaving" and if you think that a President Obama will do that then you have drunk deep at the well of the GOP and as such I stand by my initial comment about drinking kool-aide. I know that's not how many vets feel, but your feelings and theirs don't make you right.

You know what you are right I am drinking to much of the Kool Aid. You are so right you been over their and seen it for your eyes. You have seen the strides that have been made. I must be talking to the wrong people that have been over their that seen the same thing I have seen and feel the same way that I have felt.

You know what you are right I am drinking to much of the Kool Aid. You are so right you been over their and seen it for your eyes. You have seen the strides that have been made. I must have seen something something else. I must be talking to the wrong people that have been over their that seen the same thing I have seen and feel the same way that I have felt.

You aren't addressing the points I raised, instead you insist on deflecting the issues at hand, no further point in discussing.

Because the GOP totally screwed the American people over. Next they put Palin on the ticket....how do they expect me to believe McCain is in charge of his own campaign with Palin as his running mate.

If he chose Joe L. than I would totally believe that McCain is about business and is really about trying to make a difference in the GOP. The Palin pick to me just proves that the same old business is still in town.

It's funny to see these threads with right wingers clearly expecting Obama supporters not to have clear reasons for supporting him end up dissapointed. The right wing radio hosts have been working over time trying to spread the rumor that Obama is all celebrity and hype. So sad.

It's funny to see these threads with right wingers clearly expecting Obama supporters not to have clear reasons for supporting him end up dissapointed. The right wing radio hosts have been working over time trying to spread the rumor that Obama is all celebrity and hype. So sad.

I guess they expect that all of us are justing voting anti-GOP and while that may be the case with many, it is certainly not the case for all.:cheers:

You know what you are right I am drinking to much of the Kool Aid. You are so right you been over their and seen it for your eyes. You have seen the strides that have been made. I must be talking to the wrong people that have been over their that seen the same thing I have seen and feel the same way that I have felt.

I must be drinking to much of the Kool Aid to notice that 90% of the Violence is down in Iraq since the surge. But I am right winger who served this country proudly, and volunteered to Deploy and knows nothing.

I must be drinking to much of the Kool Aid to notice that 90% of the Violence is down in Iraq since the surge. But I am right winger who served this country proudly, and volunteered to Deploy and knows nothing.

All of which has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with whether or not Obama supports the troops. :doh:

All of which has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with whether or not Obama supports the troops. :doh:

"Strides does not equal safe or peaceful"

I replying back about this comment. I told you why because he only went over their once and when he did he made out to be a dog and Pony show. I am entitled to my own opinion and thats how I feel about it.

"Strides does not equal safe or peaceful"

I replying back about this comment. I told you why because he only went over their once and when he did he made out to be a dog and Pony show. I am entitled to my own opinion and thats how I feel about it.

The problem is that you made a claim that Obama doesn't care about the troops and to substantiate that claim you said it was because he didn't visit but once, that is a non sequitur, it does not follow. Sure you have the right to your opinion but when your opinion is not substantiated adequately then be prepared to be wrong about your opinion, because your opinion does not determine the reality of whether or not Obama cares about the troops, and that is my point.

The problem is that you made a claim that Obama doesn't care about the troops and to substantiate that claim you said it was because he didn't visit but once, that is a non sequitur, it does not follow. Sure you have the right to your opinion but when your opinion is not substantiated adequately then be prepared to be wrong about your opinion, because your opinion does not determine the reality of whether or not Obama cares about the troops, and that is my point.

Nevermind I am tired arguing this point with you. Have you ever served and if you did have you ever been deployed?

Nevermind I am tired arguing this point with you. Have you ever served and if you did have you ever been deployed?

I haven't served. However my older brother served in the Marines, my father served in the Army, and my brother in law is about to begin his 3rd tour of Iraq.

I fundamentally disagree with the WAR, especially at a price tag of $10 billion per month. But I support the troops 100% because in reality they shouldn't be there.

Obama wants to give me a bigger tax cut than McCain, provide me a tax-credit for paying my child support, and make health care more affordable.

Love,

A Right Winger

The reason you're tired is because you haven't proven your case. And to answer your question, yes, and no I was never deployed I served in between GWI and GWII. But, and I'm guessing from past experiences with this line of questioning, that my service doesn't make me able to judge correctly. Sorry mate, but you stated something quite inflammatory and then didn't have anything to substantiate your claim with, so I and others are left to conclude that you made up your mind out of your own ideological prejudices.

The reason you're tired is because you haven't proven your case. And to answer your question, yes, and no I was never deployed I served in between GWI and GWII. But, and I'm guessing from past experiences with this line of questioning, that my service doesn't make me able to judge correctly. Sorry mate, but you stated something quite inflammatory and then didn't have anything to substantiate your claim with, so I and others are left to conclude that you made up your mind out of your own ideological prejudices.

I have proved my case you just don't to hear it. It really shows me that he is arrogent and cared more about campaign. The Military Times has proved my point 68% are voting for McCain. So what was the reasoning for Obama not going can you tell me that? So why did you get out and what branch were you in?

I haven't served. However my older brother served in the Marines, my father served in the Army, and my brother in law is about to begin his 3rd tour of Iraq.

I fundamentally disagree with the WAR, especially at a price tag of $10 billion per month. But I support the troops 100% because in reality they shouldn't be there.

I use to think that about the war until I met someone who worked on a special project, Saddam was a sick man. I will leave it at that. Then I deployed and Iraqi and saw the good things that we were doing. But I am sure I won't change your mind I am trying to but that is my :2cents:

I'm voting for Obama because the surefire way to end the American Hegemony is to disintegrate our ability for higher education. The prices are getting too high, people have to take out what is practically a mortgage just to get an education. Now that credit is drying up a lot of people can't even go to their schools. If you are Pro-American like Palin says, I'd look at this and see where you really want your country to go.

Archived