Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC: McCain losing grip in West Virginia

Toe Jam

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/13/1538486.aspx

From Chuck Todd, Mark Murray, Domenico Montanaro, and Carrie Dann

*** Obama expands his lead: Three weeks until Election Day, Obama now holds a more than 100-vote lead in NBC's latest electoral map. He's ahead of McCain 264-163, with 111 votes in the Toss-up column. Last week, Obama was up 264-174. Our changes: We moved Missouri from Lean McCain to Toss-up; Oregon and Washington from Lean Obama to Likely Obama; and West Virginia from Likely McCain to Lean McCain. Something's happening in West Virginia -- yes, West Virginia -- because of the economic angst. Obama's been buying a bunch of TV time in markets that bleed into West Virginia, and the numbers have been closing for a time. By the way, political analyst Charlie Cook is moving West Virginia all the way to Toss-up. If that state is on the move, could Arkansas be far behind? Both are states that can show Democratic movement in a bad economic environment.

because if wv votes mccain, redneck backward racism could be the only plausible explaination, right?

Absolutely not. However, if you want to forever quash that unfair and incorrect impression of your state you have but ONE choice you can vote but ONE way. For the sake of your state, for the sake of the United States, for the sake of the state of grace, sanity, and reason... West Virginia must prove once and for all they are not racist by voting overwhelmingly for the black man.

That is the only... the only possibility.

(written tongue in cheek)

because if wv votes mccain, redneck backward racism could be the only plausible explaination, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't WV been a primarily democratic state until Bush?

Its easy to sit back where we live and think all the WV jokes/stereotypes are silly and offbase. Considering we live close to VA and MD and everything negative could be casted onto those states as well. However WV is bigger than the eastern panhandle, and it may be ignorant to assume the majority of the state is rather hickish, but my trips down yonder havent done much to negate the negative stereotypes of the state as a whole.

I live here and plan to for quite some time, but I'm well aware this state is much bigger than the panhandle, and couldn't even fathom moving any deeper. Now lets not bring up Wheeling and Charleston, I'm talking about everything in between the few metropolitan areas...is well, uhhh, rather hickish.

Absolutely not. However, if you want to forever quash that unfair and incorrect impression of your state you have but ONE choice you can vote but ONE way. For the sake of your state, for the sake of the United States, for the sake of the state of grace, sanity, and reason... West Virginia must prove once and for all they are not racist by voting overwhelmingly for the black man.

That is the only... the only possibility.

(written tongue in cheek)

:notworthy :rotflmao:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't WV been a primarily democratic state until Bush?

Its easy to sit back where we live and think all the WV jokes/stereotypes are silly and offbase. Considering we live close to VA and MD and everything negative could be casted onto those states as well.

There are a few sections of Maryland that are sadly backwards that I would like to believe doesn't represent the state or me, but I've been in parts of Maryland that are racist and need to take a good look in the mirror and do some serious thinking. I think that's one of the hardest thing. Our predispositions and biases are frequently invisible to us... very few think they are evil, very few think they are racist.

Archived