Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My neighbors are satanists! *unconfirmed*

Leonard Washington

The other day (after coming home from church ironically), I saw a couple of vans parked in the parking lot of my complex with multiple "hail satan" bumper stickers on them. I can rationalize that everyone has a right to worship or not worship whatever they want and I don't have a problem with that, but I must admit that I was a little disturbed by these bumper stickers and the type of people they may represent. For a moment I realized how religious extremists feel. I didn't do anything but I do look at their owners differently now.

Has anyone had an encounter with a satanist before and how did you react?

Dude, maybe they just like metal.

What about liking that genera of music would make a person want to put satanic bumper stickers on their vehicle?

dude, you have to be kidding me then. how can you not understand that it is a stupid sticker?

WTF man, do you know them or something? Either way neither one of us knows why they put the sticker on their car. If they truly were satanists, would you want to burn them at the stake or something? They have the right to worship or not however they please and how I feel about it doesn't matter to them.

Has anyone had an encounter with a satanist before and how did you react?

The guy who used to live next door to me had a license plate "Demonic". He drove a BMW z3 hatchback. He also had pentagram and 666 stickers on the window. He was covered pretty much head-toe in tats. He couldn't have been any nicer. Sometimes he'd shovel our sidewalk during snow storms. He'd periodically drop off a 12 pack of beer for no reason.

What about liking that genera of music would make a person want to put satanic bumper stickers on their vehicle?

WTF man, do you know them or something? Either way neither one of us knows why they put the sticker on their car. If they truly were satanists, would you want to burn them at the stake or something? They have the right to worship or not however they please and how I feel about it doesn't matter to them.

real satanists are pretty out there man and you wouldnt mistaken them for anything else. i have actually known people who worshipped satan and they are dark, demented people.

Never had an encounter with a satanist. Anyone ever read about Satanism? Aside from disliking Jesus and that stuff, which all Christians would hate, they are not extreme people who are going to go and burn churches. I read an article with a priest of a satanist church and he pretty bluntly said people who burn churches and stuff are just *******s. I think when people find out that someone "worships" or believes in something they are opposed to, it is automatically negative. For all we know, these satanist people could be very kind. :erkface:

F'n goths ols

Never had an encounter with a satanist. Anyone ever read about Satanism? Aside from disliking Jesus and that stuff, which all Christians would hate, they are not extreme people who are going to go and burn churches. I read an article with a priest of a satanist church and he pretty bluntly said people who burn churches and stuff are just *******s. I think when people find out that someone "worships" or believes in something they are opposed to, it is automatically negative. For all we know, these satanist people could be very kind. :erkface:

F'n goths ols

or listen to norwegian death metal. those dudes are nutso!!

maybe to them its just a sticker. my old car was plastered in stickers of bands, i had one of 'the queers.' im not gay.

maybe they just want to get a rise out of some people?

Unless all it takes to practice a religion is to have a bumper sticker ... I'm with BigMike in that they are probably just people who think it's fun to have bumper stickers that annoy/offend others. Probably an immature response to all the fish and Jesus stickers.

Bring over some beer and ask them what it all means. Ask them if they need help searching the neighborhood for black dogs to sacrifice.

If they worship the Christian devil, that would make them a Christian denomination, in a strange way. :)

They are likely atheists or agnostics who are demonstrating that "two can play that game" when it comes to pushing one's faith on others.

As an atheist myself I buy some stuff (not bumper stickers) from some of the atheist/free thinker sites and they sell stuff like this. Some is fairly passive "Darwin" or "Science". Some is in fun like "The Spaghetti Monster" and some is meant to shock like "Hail Satan".

Frankly, it's designed to piss off the type of religious people who like to shove their beliefs in people's faces. It's meant to show them what it's like to be on the other side of that equation.

Archived