Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

another jon jansen thread (and merged too--x5 now--MET)

shakinaiken

Jansen, is a nice backup and after all the years of service shouldn't be totally thrown under the bus.
I totally disagree.

If a player is unable to perform, then he should not play. He should either sit the bench or be cut. You can call it being "thrown under the bus" if you want to, but this is all about putting the best player on the field and winning football games...not being nice to a player.

Jansen, is a nice backup and after all the years of service shouldn't be totally thrown under the bus. If Heyer is better he should start, if Jansen gives you what you need and is better he should start. The coaches should be glad that they at least have options. Now turning Kendall into a TE I believe I would scratch that plan :)

His paychecks say otherwise..... He is paid too much money to play at a backup level....

He is not getting thrown under the bus his time of being a solid RT is over.

I love comments like this. What BS.... sometimes the guy, head coach, standing right there does not see what everyone else does. Sometimes they see what they want to see. Other times loyalty, contracts and the fact the Coach knows that Jansen will have to start more this year and publicly throwing him under the bus is not the thing to do.

I mean seriously. Everyone can see that Jasen is not moving well. As fans are we supposed to just sit as watch without comment?

I get it. Rather than "tell the truth" and throw Jansen under the bus he decided to throw the RBs and others, "who really didn't miss assignments", under the bus. :thumbsup: :doh:

i am sad to see this guy beginning to fade away right before my eyes. he missed a block that led to a sack for no reason, none. he's never done that. the question is what are we going to do about his monster contract?all these leg injuries have robbed him of some power alot of lateral swiftness and his ability to be the top notch rt he used to be.his jersey was the first skins jersey i ever bought. what a shame.still a great guy but he maybe better suited to be a guard than a tackle.maybe as a center like the did in preseason. don't remember how that worked out. but if it did maybe we can kill 2 birds with one stone.deal with rabach's probs and get jansen inside where his lack of lateral mobility won't be a problem.

Some people are just to black and white. To everyone saying that Jansen needs to be benched are the same people that will ***** that Portis is getting 2.5 per carry When Heyer is starting... and then blame Portis for that trouble and say lets trade him and start Betts.

As to the OP... I find it hard for you to say that all you did was watch Jansen the entire game. I mean... seriously? I have this game on vid and will disect every single pass play and post it to SHOW you that you are dead wrong about the pass protection. Sure... Jansen got beat a few times... so does everybody at every game. But to act like Jansen was the sole reason, after the HC stated in his presser that it was the missed assignements that caused the pressure. This same coach that EVERYBODY has been so pleased with because of his "dont beat around the bush" attitude, and you have the audacity to say he is covering up for Jansen? What kind of crap are you tring to sell? For real?

Come on guy... stop drinking the Heyerade and get a little level headed.

Jansen is definitley a shadow of his former self... but its a big shadow that is a quality starter/backup.

Sorry I didn't see this topic recently. I have seen many fans here say how Jon Jansen needs to start. Sorry but after yesterday he needs to ride the pine. I think looking at the line yesterday and how he was owned I don't think he needs to start anymore. If you actually think about, his best games came against Micheal Strahan several years ago. Heyer needs to get is big butt back in gear because Jansen is a liability. Instead of hanging in College Park reliving Turtle days he needs to eat some gun powder get a mean streak and come back NOW. It's bad enough we had a scrub like Torrence get smoked like the cheap cigar he is, I knew him popping off to Haslett was going to be our demise but man, and Pete Kendall, I mean he can't even practice during the whole week then he get's some dilusion to run with a ball common sense should have told him to fall on? Sorry this team was not focused yesterday, started drinking thier own kool aide and look what happens. Zorn called a crappy game, the team wasn't focused and Jon Jansen sucks. He was ****ed all day and anyone watching surely can't disagree. :2cents:
\

Then you didn't even try to search or look becuase there have been three of them all easily visable as they appeared and all merged liked this one will be now. :doh:

Yeah, let's put Heyer in there and see our running game decline. Did you people not see what we did on that scoring drive in the fourth quarter. We dared them to stop us on the edge of the right side on consecutive plays.

Personally, I think it's a Catch 22 and both of them have a strength in their game. Pick you poison. I'd stay with the chemistry that's been building these last three weeks. Jansen is not that big of a liability that some of you are making him out to be.

Besides, Heyer is going into his fourth week of no action and those big boys definitely need to get their legs back.

Some people are just to black and white. To everyone saying that Jansen needs to be benched are the same people that will ***** that Portis is getting 2.5 per carry When Heyer is starting... and then blame Portis for that trouble and say lets trade him and start Betts.

As to the OP... I find it hard for you to say that all you did was watch Jansen the entire game. I mean... seriously? I have this game on vid and will disect every single pass play and post it to SHOW you that you are dead wrong about the pass protection. Sure... Jansen got beat a few times... so does everybody at every game. But to act like Jansen was the sole reason, after the HC stated in his presser that it was the missed assignements that caused the pressure. This same coach that EVERYBODY has been so pleased with because of his "dont beat around the bush" attitude, and you have the audacity to say he is covering up for Jansen? What kind of crap are you tring to sell? For real?

Come on guy... stop drinking the Heyerade and get a little level headed.

Jansen is definitley a shadow of his former self... but its a big shadow that is a quality starter/backup.

There is not hate for Jasen but there are tons of people like you watching the games with blinders on. He has not looked good in years. He is lucky to still be walking let alone playing football.

Yes there is a big chance that Zorn is covering for Jansen because that is what good head coaches do sometimes. Are you so foolish to believe that a HC is going to say his Vet is done? That the guys has lost what made him great knowing that he may have to start again in 6 days? If you do then your are a bigger fool then you post makes you out to be.

Jansen is now an average player being paid superstar money.... his time is done even if you are too obtuse to see it.

I get it. Rather than "tell the truth" and throw Jansen under the bus he decided to throw the RBs and others, "who really didn't miss assignments", under the bus. :thumbsup: :doh:

No what he is doing is spreading the blame around publicly. There was more than enough blame for yesterday to go around...

Jansen is a liability in the passing game period. Those who do no see that are looking to the past not the future.

Jansen is a beast in the run, just cannot handle the speed rushers on the end. Maybe a move to guard would be better even as a backup, Or can he play center since Rybach is not having his best year either, three bad weeks in a row for him?

He would be a good back up if nothing else. Again I wonder if he has ever played center. He would be great on short yardage also. He can run block, Lets hope when Heyer comes back the run game continues. Heyer is great in the pass protection, we all will be watching his run blocking now.

No what he is doing is spreading the blame around publicly. There was more than enough blame for yesterday to go around...

Jansen is a liability in the passing game period. Those who do no see that are looking to the past not the future.

My other big knock on Jansen is his cap hit, one of the highest on the team. We could do way better with that kind of money.

Agree Thomas and Kendell seem to be playing well, but they all gave up push in the middle yesterday. Communications is what I am hearing was the problem. I just think Jansen adds great depth even at tackle, but I Think he could be a beast on the inside. Even as a back up.

Agree Thomas and Kendell seem to be playing well, but they all gave up push in the middle yesterday. Communications is what I am hearing was the problem. I just think Jansen adds great depth even at tackle, but I Think he could be a beast on the inside. Even as a back up.
I don't buy that communication BS on a vet OL squad that has been playing together (less PK) for half a decade.

Archived