Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

another jon jansen thread (and merged too--x5 now--MET)

shakinaiken

Sorry I didn't see this topic recently. I have seen many fans here say how Jon Jansen needs to start. Sorry but after yesterday he needs to ride the pine. I think looking at the line yesterday and how he was owned I don't think he needs to start anymore. If you actually think about, his best games came against Micheal Strahan several years ago. Heyer needs to get is big butt back in gear because Jansen is a liability. Instead of hanging in College Park reliving Turtle days he needs to eat some gun powder get a mean streak and come back NOW. It's bad enough we had a scrub like Torrence get smoked like the cheap cigar he is, I knew him popping off to Haslett was going to be our demise but man, and Pete Kendall, I mean he can't even practice during the whole week then he get's some dilusion to run with a ball common sense should have told him to fall on? Sorry this team was not focused yesterday, started drinking thier own kool aide and look what happens. Zorn called a crappy game, the team wasn't focused and Jon Jansen sucks. He was ****ed all day and anyone watching surely can't disagree. :2cents:

Sorry I didn't see this topic recently. I have seen many fans here say how Jon Jansen needs to start. Sorry but after yesterday he needs to ride the pine. I think looking at the line yesterday and how he was owned I don't think he needs to start anymore. If you actually think about, his best games came against Micheal Strahan several years ago. Heyer needs to get is big butt back in gear because Jansen is a liability. Instead of hanging in College Park reliving Turtle days he needs to eat some gun powder get a mean streak and come back NOW. It's bad enough we had a scrub like Torrence get smoked like the cheap cigar he is, I knew him popping off to Haslett was going to be our demise but man, and Pete Kendall, I mean he can't even practice during the whole week then he get's some dilusion to run with a ball common sense should have told him to fall on? Sorry this team was not focused yesterday, started drinking thier own kool aide and look what happens. Zorn called a crappy game, the team wasn't focused and Jon Jansen sucks. He was ****ed all day and anyone watching surely can't disagree. :2cents:

Jansen is def no longer starter material. I remember one play, clear as hell, where Leonard Little beat him so bad that he had dude on his hands and knees crawling around :laugh:

haha...ya I remember a few threads last week of how Jansen is now our long term solution and Heyer should remain as a backup. Quick to speak eh?

Jansen did get beat on pass protection but we were also running the ball great on the right side. I wish we could switch up the two tackles depending on the pass/rush situation without making it obvious.

Don't ask me how that would work. It works great on madden :silly:

Did any of you notice how many big runs came over the right side, which is Jansen's side? He struggles with speed rushers like Leonard Little, there is no doubt about that. But at the same time, he was opening up holes on the right side for runs all day. But it's just not a simple as saying "Little beat Jansen, he should be on the bench." There's a lot more to O-Line play than getting beat by a speed rusher.

Having said that, when Heyer comes back, he will start. He earned that spot earlier this year, and you don't lose your spot to injury. But if Heyer struggles, Jansen will be back in there.

Main problem with Jansen was his pass protection was absolutely horrible. People were coming free on the right side all game long. He really did looked confused on pass protection, like he didn't know what to do. One the flipside, running to the right side was great. Still, when Heyer is healthy, he should remain the starter. And, I think it is painfully clear that we need to address the O-line in the draft.

Heyer is adequate in the running game but superior in pass protection.:2cents:

Heyer is not adequate in the run game. Our ypc to the right with Jansen in the game is almost double what it was with Heyer. Heyer is much better in Pass Pro though. To those who say put Jansen at G I ask you this:

Jansen at C, Heyer at RT? might end the Rabach reverse miracles

I also like putting Jansen back in as the extra lineman

Never thought he was to begin with. I was glad when Zorn named Heyer the starter, and this game showed us why. He's washed up. Not sure what his deal is, or if it goes beyond his injuries. But given his pedigree, draft status, and salary, he has not lived up to expectations for the past 5 years or so.

Heyer is not adequate in the run game.

Agreed. There's a reason that Portis has been putting up great numbers the last 3 weeks, and it's because we can now run to both sides. What a concept! We were averaging less than two yards a carry to the right with Heyer in there and that just can't happen. I know it's much more glaring when yoo see a DE run around our tackle, but its a lot worse to only be able to run to one side of the line. On our last drive Thomas and Jansen were dominant to the point that our runs to the right were nearly unstoppable and that's what we lack with Heyer. The pass protection needs to improve, but it wasn't just Jansen.

You can let Cooley chip the DE at the start of the play to help Jansen out, but there's not a lot you can to to help an O linemen who's not a great run blocker.

We would be foolih to use Cooley to chip the DE... He is not a great blocker and then you diminishing his ability to get into the soft parts of the zone.

Jansen's footwork is horrible on pass protection. He cannot handle anyone with speed. I am sorry but his time is over. I would rather see Heyer develop then watch Jansen struggle.

Interesting how the head coach points out that Jansen was doing OK and that missed assignments were coming from elsewhere. Wonder who is right, overreacting fans who think they know football or the head coach who actually does know football?? Hmm...

Sorry. I have to disagree with the OP. Jansen is not a world beater. He makes the run game better. Most of the pressure on Campbell was coming up the middle, not on the ends... so Jansen is not to be blamed for the pass protection alone.

There were big mistakes by Cooley and Yoder among others. People were missing assignments. Basically, the Skins slept on the Rams and it showed. We let them hang around all game.

Practice guys... and NEVER take a game for granted.

Interesting how the head coach points out that Jansen was doing OK and that missed assignments were coming from elsewhere. Wonder who is right, overreacting fans who think they know football or the head coach who actually does know football?? Hmm...

I love comments like this. What BS.... sometimes the guy, head coach, standing right there does not see what everyone else does. Sometimes they see what they want to see. Other times loyalty, contracts and the fact the Coach knows that Jansen will have to start more this year and publicly throwing him under the bus is not the thing to do.

I mean seriously. Everyone can see that Jasen is not moving well. As fans are we supposed to just sit as watch without comment?

Interesting how some people on this board believes everything that comes out of a coaches mouth. :silly: So if Zorn told you he had some seaside property in Iowa would you buy it? Fact is I was at the game I did nothing but watch Jansen. Fact is he was beat on almost every passing play! So what the fat **** can block when running! Great as long as he has been doing this it doesn't take a rocket scientist or a road scholar to block someone. Fact is regardless what Zorn says I watched him and he is a liability on passing downs. Todd Wade would have been a better choice than to keep Mr. I am always hurt on this roster with that big salary. Face it Jansen should be used on goal line and obvious run downs other than that, your risking blind side hits, fumbles and momentum being lost, in case you have short memory check yesterdays game. :2cents:

Jansen is def no longer starter material. I remember one play, clear as hell, where Leonard Little beat him so bad that he had dude on his hands and knees crawling around :laugh:
I'm just curious; if you are a Redskins fan, why would remembering and describing our starting RT as being "on his hands and knees, crawling around", prompt you to include a laughing smiley face?

It's kind of sad and pathetic to see a former beast at the RT tackle position recduced to what we have seen in the past couple preseasons and yesterday.

I for one would have chosen the purple frowny guy to express how I felt about seeing Jansen fail.

But that's just me.

haha...ya I remember a few threads last week of how Jansen is now our long term solution and Heyer should remain as a backup. Quick to speak eh?

Jansen did get beat on pass protection but we were also running the ball great on the right side. I wish we could switch up the two tackles depending on the pass/rush situation without making it obvious.

Don't ask me how that would work. It works great on madden :silly:

We could bring Jansen in on goal line packages as an extra blocker. But that would remove the chance of a play action TE pass.

Interesting how some people on this board believes everything that comes out of a coaches mouth. :silly: So if Zorn told you he had some seaside property in Iowa would you buy it? Fact is I was at the game I did nothing but watch Jansen. Fact is he was beat on almost every passing play! So what the fat **** can block when running! Great as long as he has been doing this it doesn't take a rocket scientist or a road scholar to block someone. Fact is regardless what Zorn says I watched him and he is a liability on passing downs. Todd Wade would have been a better choice than to keep Mr. I am always hurt on this roster with that big salary. Face it Jansen should be used on goal line and obvious run downs other than that, your risking blind side hits, fumbles and momentum being lost, in case you have short memory check yesterdays game. :2cents:

Jansen played terribly yesterday in the pass game, but was really good run blocking like usual. He played the pass pretty well in the previous two games, so I'll just leave it up to the coaches and support their opinions.

Jansen, is a nice backup and after all the years of service shouldn't be totally thrown under the bus. If Heyer is better he should start, if Jansen gives you what you need and is better he should start. The coaches should be glad that they at least have options. Now turning Kendall into a TE I believe I would scratch that plan :)

Archived