Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

another jon jansen thread (and merged too--x5 now--MET)

shakinaiken

i have had to endure tons of jon jansen should start threads all week, and in every one of those threads i have been saying the same thing: he's been doing ok, but his performance is being overshadowed by two wins on the road. Let me break it all of you jansen supporters: he's not very good. sorry, he's just not. Heyer needs to start, and jansesn needs to sit

But we've run the hell out of the ball the last few games. Is Jansen one of the cogs? I don't know. But I think both sides overstated their positions.

I will fully admit that Jansen is a good run blocker. But unfortunately, we run a WCO.

And in a WCO offense your tackles need to be able to pass protect.

I suspect this is the reason that Zorn is high on Stephon Heyer.

In the game chat, there were people blaming Jansen for that one blitz which was not his fault (he wasnt even near the play.) I'm getting tired of people OVERstating what might be a somewhat reasonable argument.

But even Siragusa pointed out our success running behind Jansen. We've been WINNING BY RUNNING and by protecting well enough overall.

In the game chat, there were people blaming Jansen for that one blitz which was not his fault (he wasnt even near the play.) I'm getting tired of people OVERstating what might be a somewhat reasonable argument.

But even Siragusa pointed out our success running behind Jansen. We've been WINNING BY RUNNING and by protecting well enough overall.

The blitz definitely wasn't Jansen's fault. And I've praised Jansen repeatedly as far as his run blocking goes.

I think where you and I differ is his effectiveness as a pass protector.

im not pointing out one play... dont really care if the blitz wasnt his fault...jansesn sucks: fact

Archived