Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Week is a Huge Trap Game

skins4eva

Guys,

We're all thrilled with our 4-1 record and our incredible coaching, effort and attitude. We have a chance to be 7-1 BUT we can take no opponent for granted, not the Rams, not Detriot, not Cleveland...no one.

If we are the team we think we are, we will come out the same intensity we showed against the Cowboys and the Eagles this sunday against the Rams. In fact, this Sunday, we should come out and do what a 4-1 team does to an 0-5 team: completely dismantle them. But we have to keep our focus and composure.

Hail to the Redskins!

Zorn, himself a new coach, is unlikely to underestimate these guys. I also think the team is vet-heavy and realizes the importance of these "gimme" games. They will be a little difficult to gameplan against because we don't know the new coaches tendencies, but I think we will be OK. Zorn's "keep it medium" attitude should help us avoid emotional letdowns if it is embraced by the team.

Yeah, I think the players know they are going up against another NFL (albeit bottom tier) team, and need to give it their all, at least until we're up 40-some points in the third. Then they can take a break.

Besides that, Zorn doesn't seem like the kind of coach that's going to sleep on anybody.

Honestly this isn't the game. This isn't the trap game. Regardless of head coach change and bye week, these clowns have nothing going for them. Their offensive line is putrid and our run d will contain Jackson which leaves the rams with nothing. If the Seahawks can dominate this team, we can. Also we are at home with an invigorated crowd.

This team is soaring right now and only a powerhouse has a shot at taking it down. The Rams are horrible.

Trap games can be anywhere and generally occur when a team has come off a bunch of impressive victories and then faces an inferior opponent.

I was thinking that because the fans will be crazy this week in fed Ex.

But, I don't think the rams will just become a great team. The offense is still the Al Saunders system and the rams QB is having the same 700 page problems Campbell had. Their defense just looks horrible. The offensive-line is weak. I'd say it was a trap with Miami, 49ers, or Atlanta because they have shown some talent. The rams haven't done anything

A trap game would be the Browns because they just seem like they need a spark to start it up again. But the Rams just stink in all ways and they have been that way since last year.

I thought trap games had to be in the other teams' stadium?

Well in 1989 there was a team from Texas that wears a star on their helmet. They went 1-15. And can you guess who the win was against?

And where that win took place?

Yup- they beat the Skins on our home field.

Which some say was the loss that prevented the Skins from making the playoffs.

Just another reason on my long list of things to hate the Cowboys for.

:dallasuck

tarp-30198.jpg

In all honesty I think we have a good group of guys on this team who are down-to-earth and aren't going to overlook any opponent. I believe that they will game plan for this game and prepare just as hard as they would for Dallas or Philly. I am confident, but maintaining a cautious optimism. We should win this game. If everyone keeps their heads about them and knows their role, we will.

I agree with Soup's Up. As long as we play our game, we should beat the Rams and the Browns may give us more problems. Detroit is always tough to play in Detroit, but it seems like they can't do anything right. What worries me is, all my teams seem to be the perfect antidote for what ails another team.

Well, kudos to me...they feel hard for the trap. Hopefully this serves as a wake up call.

Not really.

1. Stats wise, we dominated them as we should have. These new things called turnovers killed us.

2. We were dealing with an unknown. We had no idea how this Rams team would respond to a new coach and the changes that have been made.

Yeah we should have won and won handedly but we didn't lose because we were looking ahead or taking the Rams for granted.

Archived