Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you feel it yet?

HapHaszard

Its like stepping out of your 1979 Chevy Nova and sliding into one of the fantasy cars James Bond drives, the ones made for travel on roads you only dreamed about driving on. Fasten your seat belt, your in for the ride of your life, its going to change you younger fans. Your going places you have never been, seeing sites you never saw. When the ride is over you'll yearn for one more ride. :cheers:

Don't diss my '79 Nova.

This is my first time really feeling confident in this team. I mean i am always optimistic and hope for the best but expect the worst. But this team just seems different. The players seem to have great chemistry, the coaches seem to have great chemistry, and there is just something about them i cant put my finger on. But this team has a chance to be great so lets keep it up. I can feel it HH!!!

Barring any major injuries we ARE going to see a few firsts this year:

1) A FIRST round bye!

2) The FIRST home divisional game held @ FEDEX Field!

3) The FIRST home Championship game held @ FEDEX Field!

4) The FIRST Superbowl of the Snyder era!

First we have to pass the second test. We have beat the teams that we were not supposed to beat, now we will see if we can beat the teams that we are expected to beat. Does this team have that nasty disposition that we think they do. Are they going out with a real mean streak and kicking the butts that they should. I have seen it in the last 4 games and I'm fully expecting it to stay that way. This team has ATTITUDE.

I am so ****ing proud of the Skins this year I can't help but sing their praises to the high heavens. I really do believe we have a Super Bowl caliber crew right now. I need to see it proven over the next 3, and if they do, then wins over the Steelers and Cowboys again would be icing on the cake for the run up to the rematch with NY week 13. I can see 10-1 going in. I can see magic all the way to Tampa.

I believe in this team.

Living in the Philly area, with Dallas fans as my inlaws, oh its sooo nice!!!!!

You poor soul. Really, how do you cope?

I don't think I could do it. I told my kids the other day that I could have never married a Dallas fan, or an Eagles fan for that matter...

More power to ya! Just keep smilin' at them all and say HTTR!:applause:

I fell in love with the Redskins as a 8-9 year old growing up in Nevada. I just felt that I was watching something special when I watched the Redskins during those years. Now, 20+ years later I'm a lot more jaded in that I expect something bad to happen but I'm super proud of this team and the amazing effort that Zorn and the rest of the family have put forward here.

Hearing/Reading these posts from the more veteran fans on this site is really making me giddy here. It's working towards validating my feelings which I've been dismissing as a possible false hope. I certainly feel as though the Redskins have put themselves in probably the best position of anyone in the NFC, I'll be here to see it through. Whether it be to Tampa or missing the playoffs, I don't know that I've ever been as proud to be a Redskins fan as I have the last year. Combine this start with the fortitude they showed after ST's untimely death and they've certainly showed some amazing character here. It'd be hard not to respect every one of these guys on this team.

I am cautiously very optimistic, i have just gotten a little gun shy watching this team for the last 17 years but i do remember the glory years and am starting to get that confident feeling back again.

A blowout win this weekend would go a long way to me feeling that this team is a superbowl contender.

It kind of feels like the year they started 7-1.

Yep... '96. And we ended up 9-7 with no playoffs.:doh:

But the punchline of this joke was Norv Turner. :silly:

I highly doubt Jim Zorn repeating anything like that. Nooooooooo way.

When I hear the players talking, it DOES have a ring of deja vu of the players from Gibbs I. Same swagger attitude with focus.

Right now I'm feeling... MEDIUM ;)

Coach Zorn and his staff are doing a great job, getting the best out of the players. I don't want to under estimate our next 3 opponents, but only judging by their combine 1-11 record we could capitalize on this schedule.

I feel we're definitely on the right path, we're playing great, and we still can improve the team.

I first felt it in '87 when I lived in Leonardtown. My middle school even had a pep rally for the Skins during lunch. It really felt like I was a part of something alive and electric. Now I'm in Alabama, far from most loyal fans, and it feels incredible. That electricity is back. I only wish I still lived around like minded fans who I could share this with. At least I have ES. :)

Hail

• 6 months later...

Archived