Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you feel it yet?

HapHaszard

I know where you're coming from Hap and I haven't felt this much confidence in the Redskins since 1991. This team is for real and is playing the best football in the NFL at this time as all of our opponents are or were top 10 offenses and defenses.

Until the Gnats play a team, on the road with a top 10 O and D and win, then the Redskins are the best team in the NFL. Simple a that.

Hail to the Redskins! Hail Victory!

This could turn out to be an unforgettable year for the fanbase as much or more than the team.

For the longest time we have bickered back and forth across the chasm of oldtimers that remembered and younguns that never knew. THIS, that feeling, the quiet confidence that we can not only hang with but overpower anyone in the league can unify the entire community in a way that hasn't happened in almost a generation.

That feeling that Hap talks about is WHY we remember, what sustained us through the horrific Norv years, kept us holding onto the hope that we could and would "return" someday.

I am almost jealous, almost wish I was getting that first taste again. To all of you that are in your 20s and never knew before, savor this.

Great post, Hap. Yes, I feel it. I've felt it everytime I have pwned a Cowgirls fan the past week. I've felt it everytime a Ravens fan tries to mutter something, and I brush them off as if they don't even matter. When haters say, "all of yall wearing your jerseys now, theyre poppin' up outta nowhere' and I have to set them straight- NO, son, I wear burgundy and gold whether we win or lose, always have, always will. It's in my blood, in my sweat, in my tears, hell- burgundy & gold is in my ****ing DNA, chump.

this could turn out to be an unforgettable year for the fanbase as much or more than the team.

For the longest time we have bickered back and forth across the chasm of oldtimers that remembered and younguns that never knew. This, that feeling, the quiet confidence that we can not only hang with but overpower anyone in the league can unify the entire community in a way that hasn't happened in almost a generation.

That feeling that hap talks about is why we remember, what sustained us through the horrific norv years, kept us holding onto the hope that we could and would "return" someday.

i am almost jealous, almost wish i was getting that first taste again. To all of you that are in your 20s and never knew before, savor this.

qft!

I absolutely feel it. This is my first time ever feeling it and it feels so good (put that in the taken out of context thread :silly: ).

The thing is my dad is also. He reminds me a lot of the more mature posters on ES. He tends to be cautiously optimistic and not always outwardly so. When he's yelling at the games with me I know it's good news for us because it's him getting excited again like back in the day. He was doing that in '05 and last year at the end of the run. He was doing it last week and again today.

The Skins are back. I'm ****ing stoked.

Definitely have never had as much confidence in our team as I do these days. The 14 point deficit we faced in the 1st didn't phase me at all knowing how efficiently we've been able to adjust to our opponents as games progress. At no point today did I consider that we wouldn't pull out a win, and knowing that my confidence is well-founded is a good ****ing feeling...

I'm so ****ing ready to get a second shot at the Giants.

It kind of feels like the year they started 7-1. They are winning games but not in dominanat fashion. It does not feel like 91 where you knew they were better. It just feels like they are on a role.

Man what is your problem? Didn't get good enough free seats again?

I swear, you could :pooh: gold bricks for some people and they'd whine that the toilet bowl wasn't platinum.

I feel like the background song to this thread should be this...

=]

Phill Collins baby..... (In the Air tonight)

"I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord

Ive been waiting for this moment, all my life, oh lord

Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord"

haha =] I feel it!

Your absolutely right HH. I've never had this feeling as a Redskins fan. Its truly unbelievable. All we have to do now is take care of buisness and take one game at a time. Let's just beat St. Louis then we can go from there. HTTR!

Archived