Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is USC's loss good news for the Skins

Skins6381

I go to USC and that was one of the worst performances by our football team that i have ever seen. But oregon state just straight up bullied us and dominated us all game expect for a stretch in the third quarter. But Im hoping that i can redeem this weekend if the redskins get a win over the cowboys.

The key to this game is us being more physical and just dominating on the lines. Basically the key to every game.

our SOS will bite us.
Our SOS will be one of the strongest in the league since we play in the toughest conference. It makes it very hard to go undefeated and make the BCS championship game, but our fans travel well and any bowl should want us. We will be hurt by our pre-season ranking though, and the voters tend to underrate us.

We can't really think about all that now though. We just have to win games one at a time.

Our SOS will be one of the strongest in the league since we play in the toughest conference. It makes it very hard to go undefeated and make the BCS championship game, but our fans travel well and any bowl should want us. We will be hurt by our pre-season ranking though, and the voters tend to underrate us.

We can't really think about all that now though. We just have to win games one at a time.

only problem with that is the over-emphasis placed on OOC games. we get the nfc west, and the afc north. not 2 of the stronger divisions. it puts that much more emphasis on our division games, i guess.

like you said, one at a time. the pre-season polls could be our ultimate demise, as you have wisely pointed out.

How in the **** is a college game good for the Redskins? It has nothing to do with our game this week, NOTHING! You cant compare college football to professional, other than the fact its the same game with the same rules, except in college you only need one foot down inbounds when receiving a pass :rolleyes:

I would give this thread 1 star, but its not even deserving of that.

How in the **** is a college game good for the Redskins? It has nothing to do with our game this week, NOTHING! You cant compare college football to professional, other than the fact its the same game with the same rules, except in college you only need one foot down inbounds when receiving a pass :rolleyes:

I would give this thread 1 star, but its not even deserving of that.

The correlation is easy to see, I think...basically the thread starter is asking if USC getting upset by Oregon State (they were 25 1/2 point underdogs) is an omen for similar upsets in football occurring this weekend. We can only hope :cheers:...

The TC is grasping for straws here but because I'm a Redskins fan....

:point2sky

Exhibit A:

#3 Georgia lost at home to #10 Alabama

-Like Alabama we are ranked #10 in ESPN's power rankings ;)

Exhibit B:

Florida who is ranked #4 lost to unranked Ole Miss

-The supposed talent difference between the two is greater than the Skins and 'Girls

Exhibits C & D:

Maryland and Navy upset ranked opponents #20 Clemson and #16 Wake Forest

-They are local teams which means positive energy from these wins will be going our way

All of these upsets happened during road games. Keep in mind we are only one week away from the lowly Dolphins' win against the Patriots, the presumed lock of the week. It will be a tough game and I doubt we will win but it's a rivalry game and anything can happen.

:dallasuck

The TC is grasping for straws here but because I'm a Redskins fan....

:point2sky

Exhibit A:

#3 Georgia lost at home to #10 Alabama

-Like Alabama we are ranked #10 in ESPN's power rankings ;)

Exhibit B:

Florida who is ranked #4 lost to unranked Ole Miss

-The supposed talent difference between the two is greater than the Skins and 'Girls

Exhibits C & D:

Maryland and Navy upset ranked opponents #20 Clemson and #16 Wake Forest

-They are local teams which means positive energy from these wins will be going our way

All of these upsets happened during road games. Keep in mind we are only one week away from the lowly Dolphins' win against the Patriots, the presumed lock of the week. It will be a tough game and I doubt we will win but it's a rivalry game and anything can happen.

:dallasuck

No longer grasping at straws, I'd say lol :cheers:...

Archived