Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Blog - Pats maybe looking for trade?

DiscoBob

Based on the NFL.com blog:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/08/patriots-change-mind-on-simms-rattay/

there is a line that caught my eye:

"The Patriots have to have something in the works — a trade, eyes on another quarterback, something. But the mystery surrounding the Patriots only intensifies."

So here is the question. It seems very unlikely that the skins would try to trade away Collins, BUT, if they contacted us, what would be a fair trade?

What about Colt?

I doubt the pat are looking for a developmental guy, when Brady will be the clearcut starter next year and going into the future. They should be looking for a veteran who can come in and play week one.

I'm glad that Favre isn't still on the market...:D

Based on the NFL.com blog:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/09/08/patriots-change-mind-on-simms-rattay/

there is a line that caught my eye:

"The Patriots have to have something in the works — a trade, eyes on another quarterback, something. But the mystery surrounding the Patriots only intensifies."

So here is the question. It seems very unlikely that the skins would try to trade away Collins, BUT, if they contacted us, what would be a fair trade?

Why in God's name would they want Collins?

Todd Collins has become the most overrated backup quarterback in the history of the league. He's a smart, experienced guy with very limited physical skills. He's parlayed a fortunate hot streak last season into near mythic status among fans. NFL personnel people aren't fooled, however.

Todd Collins has become the most overrated backup quarterback in the history of the league by skins fans. He's a smart, experienced guy with very limited physical skills. He's parlayed a fortunate hot streak last season into near mythic status among skins fans only. NFL personnel people aren't fooled, however.

There, fixed it for you.

I don't think there is a single fan from a team other than the redskins who has overated Todd Collins.

I doubt it but Quinn is already familiar with the system and has all the tools. He would come at quite a cost, one I can't see Belicheat going for.

Quinn would be stupid to agree to any trade to New England assuming he wants to be a starting QB in the NFL for more than just this season. Tom Brady is the starter there next year so why would Quinn want to move from backing up Anderson who may or may turn out to be a one year wonder to being behind one of the best two QB's in the NFL?

Not that its a move New England would make IMO anyway.

You would have to think though that at the end of this season either Anderson or Quinn will be on the trade block.

Archived