Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Americas Team!!?? HAHAHHAHAHA

BleedinBurgNGold

I continue to hear the pundits refer to the Cowboys as 'Americas Team'. Uh, Shouldn't a team have to win a Playoff game within the last 12 years to be 'Americas Team?' They are Paper champions. Look great on paper, But can't close the deal! At least we've won a couple Playoff games in the past Decade plus. This is not a smack talking post, just stating the facts and calling a spade a spade. Any thoughts?

HTTR

:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

Tex Schram thought it would be a catchy marketing ploy. Unfortunately he was right, as there are millions of Cowboy fans nationwide that have no ties to Texas or the Dallas area.

this could not be more true. basically everybody i talk football with happens to be a dallas fan, even people from dc. i see it in the same light as how the Yankees and Red Sox have and enormous fan base, but thats just because people who dont pay a lot of attention latch on to the team the hear most about, and in football that seems to be the cowboys

Come on man...this 'they haven't won a playoff game this decade' thing is getting old. They have won 3 Super Bowls since the Skins have won 3 playoff games. Can we let this one rest?

If you are asking if I am willing to allow a false label to be associated with a Rival NFCE team the short answer is no. I call BS when I see it. We have our own issues, no doubt. But no Playoff wins since 96 for a bunch of loud mouths need to be called upon. Sorry if you dont like it:2cents:

How'd they get tagged Americas Team anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Team

Rumor has it that Art Rooney mentioned it to Ryan a couple of years earlier about a title for the '76 Steelers. Funny how a Cowboys fan (Bob Ryan) decided to wait until his team won the SB to use it. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Sorry, I had Rooneys part wrong. Pete Rozelle mentioned it to Ryan for the Steelers video and Rooney rejected it.

Come on man...this 'they haven't won a playoff game this decade' thing is getting old. They have won 3 Super Bowls since the Skins have won 3 playoff games. Can we let this one rest?

Done.

The phrase has now been replaced with 'They haven't won a Playoff game this century'.

:dallasuck

It wasn't Tex Schram it was the dude from NFL films. They did one of those end of the season films on the Cowboys back in the 70s and named the film 'Americas Team' Obviously they nailed it cuz it stuck for 40 years.

Besides who would even want to be called 'Amercas Team' now that its got Dallas all over it? :puke:

u win a few superbowls in a row and everyone gets on your nuts then before you know it people all over the US like the team cuz they win..

Yup...it's like a virus around here...Puke fans at every corner...most don't even watch football...they just pick them b/c they are popular and "America's team":rolleyes:

They tied an NFL record of one and dones last year...

No, we can't let this one rest...especially when they think they're special.

I continue to hear the pundits refer to the Cowboys as 'Americas Team'. Uh, Shouldn't a team have to win a Playoff game within the last 12 years to be 'Americas Team?' They are Paper champions. Look great on paper, But can't close the deal! At least we've won a couple Playoff games in the past Decade plus. This is not a smack talking post, just stating the facts and calling a spade a spade. Any thoughts?

HTTR

:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck

That's a wonderful little story there....

The Dallas Cowboys are the most successful franchise in almost all categories in the Super Bowl Era.

Does that answer your question?

Archived