Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Americas Team!!?? HAHAHHAHAHA

BleedinBurgNGold

Twenty years ago, by official decree from the office of the commissioner of the National Football League, the Redskins were given the nickname.

In January of 1988, after winning Super Bowl XXII, then NFL commish Pete Roselle handed the Lombardi Trophy to quote "the leader of our new America's Team, owner Jack Kent Cooke." The old America's Team would later win three Super Bowls after that so they probably were given the the name back.

There are way too many people on this site with an obsession over the Cowboys.

Time was that Redskin fans measured success by Lombardi Trophies, not wild card wins. How times have changed.

Yeah, all I hear is, "we've won a playoff game", "we've been 2 out of 3 years" blah, blah, blah. If wild card wins float your boat, you're in the wrong sport. Watch baseball where the same teams get in year after year and you just HOPE your team gets a wildcard birth. I agree. The bar and standards have been set SO LOW in Redskinland it actually makes me want to cry sometimes.

Yep, Football Season is finally here. I know this because it's September but it's always good to see it confirmed with the annual, "Cowboys are not Americas team, they haven't won a playoff game this century. All there fans are Bandwagon drivers!"

lol........

That's right. I guarantee you will not be seen around here or any forums when reality hits and the pukes eventually regress into a 5-11 year. You guys are all so pathetic. I know..I live here. You'll cheer for your 'closet' team or for the Longhorns or Sooners, or Mavericks or Dale Earnhardt Jr. instead. That's why ALL the other NFL team fans hate you guys.

If they didn't have an insensative racial slur for a name, they very well could be.

:)

Well...people happen to cheer for this 'insensative racial slur for a name'. Better to cheer for a team named after that then a team with the name of their known murderers.

That's right...I'm sure we all know about how Cowboys murdered Redskins. GTFO with your hypocrite statments.

Well...people happen to cheer for this 'insensative racial slur for a name'. Better to cheer for a team named after that then a team with the name of their known murderers.

That's right...I'm sure we all know about how Cowboys murdered Redskins. GTFO with your hypocrite statments.

Oh, I thought all those murders were by the Calvalry. I could be wrong.

The public school system at work. :applause: :doh:

Yep, Football Season is finally here. I know this because it's September but it's always good to see it confirmed with the annual, "Cowboys are not Americas team, they haven't won a playoff game this century. All there fans are Bandwagon drivers!"

lol........

You always here the "bandwagon" fans excuse, but how can that be if they suck so bad? What bandwagon is there to get on? If your reasoning is they jumped on the bandwagon when Dallas was winning Superbowls, and now are still fans after 12 years of mediocrity, then they are no longer bandwagoners, they are just fans now.

That's right. I guarantee you will not be seen around here or any forums when reality hits and the pukes eventually regress into a 5-11 year. You guys are all so pathetic. I know..I live here. You'll cheer for your 'closet' team or for the Longhorns or Sooners, or Mavericks or Dale Earnhardt Jr. instead. That's why ALL the other NFL team fans hate you guys.

Do you whine about Redskins fans being fans of college football teams, NBA teams, or NASCAR drivers too?

That's the most idiotic complaint I've ever heard.

Archived