Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS Sportsline Power Rankings

skinsfan93

Why? Will it really matter?

I'm pretty sure that most comments in the media that dismiss a player or a team's talent and chances have the ability to help get that player's "volume knob" up to 11...

If I were a coach I'd definitely use them from time to time...to give my team a feeling of "us against the world"...get the defense pissed off as **** that nobody believes they have the talent or ability to keep the opponent they're gonna be facing in check...to help keep the offense's determination and focus on execution by showing them nobody thinks they have any "real" talent on their team, and that some of them are overrated. I'd pick my spots during the season to basically say "Let's go out there and prove those mother****ers wrong"...

Follow-up comment: having a down season is nothing to be afraid of if we are rebuilding and we should be rebuilding. Embrace rebuilding instead of complaining we are not winning now!

Last year was some smoke and mirrors. Remember, this is the team that last year tied the 1-15 Miami Dolphins. We needed a rebuild. We have added some youth. Let's embrace rebuilding!

Saying the Redskins are re-building makes ZERO sense. How is a playoff team returning 21/22 starters a rebuilding team (plus Jason Taylor)?

As for the rankings. The media is always higher on the other 3 teams in the division and who cares. I actually like seeing them at 25. It will be fun watching them rise and seeing Prisco say "they got lucky this week so they move up one spot".

Follow-up comment: having a down season is nothing to be afraid of if we are rebuilding and we should be rebuilding. Embrace rebuilding instead of complaining we are not winning now!

Last year was some smoke and mirrors. Remember, this is the team that last year tied the 1-15 Miami Dolphins. We needed a rebuild. We have added some youth. Let's embrace rebuilding!

Double post.

Saying the Redskins are re-building makes ZERO sense. How is a playoff team returning 21/22 starters a rebuilding team (plus Jason Taylor)?

Maybe you haven't heard, but the Redskins hired a coach who has never been a head coach before nor a coordinator. The team is asking this inexperienced rookie to implement an entirely new offensive system and philosophy with the team.

Also, the team still doesn't have a consistently legit starting QB. It also has a bunch of new WRs that the team must develop. I think they just said they were pulling their starting RT to go with a second year player.

I agree we haven't wholly committed to a complete rebuild. But I think there are unquestionably signs that we are rebuilding. I really hope that the failure to commit to it full bore does not end up making it worthless.

Guest sith lord
Maybe you haven't heard, but the Redskins hired a coach who has never been a head coach before nor a coordinator. The team is asking this inexperienced rookie to implement an entirely new offensive system and philosophy with the team.

Also, the team still doesn't have a consistently legit starting QB. It also has a bunch of new WRs that the team must develop. I think they just said they were pulling their starting RT to go with a second year player.

I agree we haven't wholly committed to a complete rebuild. But I think there are unquestionably signs that we are rebuilding. I really hope that the failure to commit to it full bore does not end up making it worthless.

We ARE NOT a rebuilding team. You don't go out and get a Jason Taylor if you're rebuilding. Sure we have some new/young players, but the vast majority of our starters are veterans.

We are thinner at WR than even last year everything else equal. Our best QB from last year is on the bench. Toss in a new passing game and a rookie coach and rookie offensive coordinator; we can't be expected to do as well as last year. Us eternally optmistic fans do sure, but others looking at us cant be seeing an improvement on last year, thats for sure.

If we tied them shouldn't they have a 3 part WLT record?

Something like 1-14-1 or 0-15-1? How can we tie a team that doesn't have a tie?

Because we kicked a FG in overtime.

Which doesn't change the fact that, with respect to how good of a team we are, we were tied with a 1-15 team at the end of regulation. In order words, wins can be deceiving. A legitimately competitive team does not tie the worst team in the league.

Typical. Remember how we started last year? We beat the Eagles at their house on Monday night, and all the talking heads were annointing us playoff bound.

Then when we started losing, they talked about not finishing....blah, blah, blah.

Then we make it to the playoffs, and we're the team noone wants to play.

We lose to Seattle, "they couldn't ride the emotional wave forever."

We all clamor for it, but it's meaningless. You shouldn't worry. What DOES worry me is what I saw against Carolina and Jax. That has merit. I sincerely doubt we fix that overnight.

Then again.......

We ARE NOT a rebuilding team. You don't go out and get a Jason Taylor if you're rebuilding. Sure we have some new/young players, but the vast majority of our starters are veterans.

Again, you completely ignore the fact we have a new coach and an entirely new offensive philosophy which I guess you think is something that is seamlessly accomplished without any need to "rebuild."

Yes, going to get JT is a dumb move for a team that is in the process of rebuilding. That's part of the problem: on the one hand, with a new coach and philosophy, young players in key positions, and no legit answer at this point at QB, this team should be in rebuilding mode. On the other hand, our crazy owner goes out and gets a guy who is a season away from retiring. Yeah, it doesn't make sense. This team should have committed to a legit rebuild.

But you are deliriously confused if you think a team in a win now mode can completely change the coaching staff and offensive philosophy, have no legit answer at QB, and rely on inexperienced players, all the while maintaining a win now mode with no let down.

Yeah..

Let's sit around and cry because we're not in the top ten when it comes to power rankings.

I saw this coming...

Noones crying about it, but lets be real, are the skins really the 7th worst team in the league? That's a bit too far.

This is a classic case of lack of research from CBS.

What a shocker :rolleyes:

We ARE NOT a rebuilding team. You don't go out and get a Jason Taylor if you're rebuilding.

You're right about that second statement. That's why many didn't like or want the trade. What was the point of it? Adding Taylor for 2-3 years won't put the Skins in the sb.

Archived