Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Diddy...quite possibly the smartest man in America.

Spaceman Spiff

Come on, Brave..give it up. You can't honestly say Diddy sounds educated in that clip. And you can't honestly say you'd want your son or daughter to use that clip and its ridiculous "evidence" to help them decide who to vote for in the election. You don't mind it because it leans your way...if it were Chuck Norris saying Obama was buggin the f*** out, you'd have the same opinion as me and keeastman and the rest of the people who are looking at this sanely. But...Chuck Norris wouldn't sound like Diddy, and you know that. Chuckie boy would speak intelligently and wouldn't be cussing every 5 seconds.

Believe it or not MissU...I wouldn't care what Chuck Norris said or WHO he was supporting.

That's my entire point.

And could it be that you DO mind it because Diddy doesn't "lean" your way?

No, I hate diddy regardless of what idiocies he spews. I have never liked him and this just makes me despise him more. He's an arrogant, narcissistic DOUCHEBAG that doesn't know how to rap. I would have said that when I was 18 as well.

I "mind" this video because:

1) I just hate Diddy in general so I would hate it anyway

2) The stuff coming out of his mouth is stuff that he obviously heard from other people and he's trying to put it off like it's independent thought

3) He plays the race card

4) He generalizes about the US population's concerns. Who the hell cares if there are black people, crime, or crackheads in alaska? What does that have to do with anything? So Palin's not fit to be VP because she's not the mayor of Compton? Give me a break.

5) Why is he so concerned about McCain's VP pick? Is he that worried that Obama will lose? When Obama announced Biden, I didn't give a ****. Do I want Biden as my president? No. But the VP is not that big a deal to me to go nuts about it.

No, I hate diddy regardless of what idiocies he spews. I have never liked him and this just makes me despise him more. He's an arrogant, narcissistic DOUCHEBAG that doesn't know how to rap. I would have said that when I was 18 as well.

2) The stuff coming out of his mouth is stuff that he obviously heard from other people and he's trying to put it off like it's independent thought

4) He generalizes about the US population's concerns. Who the hell cares if there are black people, crime, or crackheads in alaska? What does that have to do with anything? So Palin's not fit to be VP because she's not the mayor of Compton? Give me a break.

5) Why is he so concerned about McCain's VP pick? Is he that worried that Obama will lose? When Obama announced Biden, I didn't give a ****. Do I want Biden as my president? No. But the VP is not that big a deal to me to go nuts about it.

You listed quite a few points to touch on so I'll just sum it up by saying what Diddy or any other celebrity says is irrelevant to me.

I don't value his opinion anymore than I value yours. But by the same token, I don't value yours anymore than I value his.

I hope that makes sense.:)

There are legit points in there, ideally someone who wants to be the leader of America should be the leader of some place that is comparably diverse as America. And yes, the pick was unexpected (who here predicted it?), it was unexpected for real reasons.

He isn't too articulate, but he isn't an idiot either.

There are legit points in there, ideally someone who wants to be the leader of America should be the leader of some place that is comparably diverse as America. And yes, the pick was unexpected (who here predicted it?), it was unexpected for real reasons.

He isn't too articulate, but he isn't an idiot either.

a few people predicted it actually. On ES even. I believe twa was one of them.

Diddy listens to a lot of other people and then wants to chime in with the opinion that he has heard and thought was intelligent but the problem is he isnt "politically intelligent". You put him in a debate with someone who is well educated in politics and can back up what they say and he will be eaten alive. So Diddy jibba jabbas on some youtube rant because he knows that the demographics of people who watch that are going to be younger and already think he is SO smart because he is rich so they will buy in to what he has to say.

Ask the typical 14-16 year old teenager if they know who G Gordon Liddy, Rush Limbaugh, Keith Olberrman is and they will most likely stare at you blankly. But if you ask them who Diddy is they will be able to tell you most of his bio.

Diddy listens to a lot of other people and then wants to chime in with the opinion that he has heard and thought was intelligent but the problem is he isnt "politically intelligent". You put him in a debate with someone who is well educated in politics and can back up what they say and he will be eaten alive. So Diddy jibba jabbas on some youtube rant because he knows that the demographics of people who watch that are going to be younger and already think he is SO smart because he is rich so they will buy in to what he has to say.

How is that different from anyone of us? He has more money and he is famous. I don't see us condemning each other for chiming in, or listening to what other people say.

It seems like on the one hand people say celebrities aren't any better than us, then they go and hold them to higher standards. I think it's just that people are jealous that celebrities with comparable intelligence are heard more than they are.

How is that different from anyone of us? He has more money and he is famous. I don't see us condemning each other for chiming in, or listening to what other people say.

the difference is when you or I say it we can just brush it off as "big mike is spouting off again". When someone who gets the attention that Diddy does says it, it will stay around for a while and people will actually listen like he has some sort of insider knowledge and not some idiot who thinks because he has millions he is suddenly smart.

It seems like on the one hand people say celebrities aren't any better than us, then they go and hold them to higher standards. I think it's just that people are jealous that celebrities with comparable intelligence but much more resources are heard, when people aren't heard as much as the celebrities.

celebrities are no better then me and i have never gotten a single autograph in my life. your signature means nothing more to me then my own. but since i am probably the minority in that mindset i have to say they need to watch what they say because that idiot who has your poster all over his room will think you just made a brilliant statement and now not vote for mccain because diddy said "palin doesnt know about black people because she lives in alaska"

Unless you are a teenage girl with nothing better to do than watch low brow TV (anything featuring Diddy) and average clothing, Diddy is irrelevant, from a pop music and political POV.

He's sold himself out so much, I'm surprised he's not going by "Diddy, sponsored by ________."

Smart business man? More like opprotunist and lucky. He was going with the gangsta rap until Biggie died, then tried to go pop rap with Mace and himself, then fell off the planet until he jumped on board the pop music train and danced around like a clown.

Musically? He's marginal at best. From a pop culture perspective, he's a shell of his former self.

Wait. I thought politically-incorrect comments didn't bother Republicans?

Unless you are a teenage girl with nothing better to do than watch low brow TV (anything featuring Diddy) and average clothing, Diddy is irrelevant, from a pop music and political POV.

He's sold himself out so much, I'm surprised he's not going by "Diddy, sponsored by ________."

Smart business man? More like opprotunist and lucky. He was going with the gangsta rap until Biggie died, then tried to go pop rap with Mace and himself, then fell off the planet until he jumped on board the pop music train and danced around like a clown.

Musically? He's marginal at best. From a pop culture perspective, he's a shell of his former self.

Jesus H., man. If he read this, I think he just might curl up into a corner and cry. LOL Spot on. :applause:

Talking about smart why do my fellow redskin fans sing ooooooooooooooooooooo to the national athem and praise baltimore the ravins fans think we all took the short bus

Yeah, I have no idea what the **** you are talking about. But I'm sure it looked good as you were typing it.

WTF??? So, Puffy measures a states relevance by whether or not they have crackheads?

Obama can't be pleased with this idiocy.

Where was Puffy's blog when Obama picked an OLD WHITE MAN from Dela-where?

Rip Alaska...but Biden is OK? What does he know about Black people? Puffy thinks we are one breath away from a VP stepping up. Is Biden going to help his agenda?

Puffy is trying to make himself relevant by jumping on the Obama Bandwagon.

Marketing genious...maybe.

Politician...No ****ing way.

What do you mean by 'hands held'?

Meaning they have to be encouraged, and reminded, and encouraged some more, and reminded some more by people with a clear partisan political agenda like the the celebrities on MTV. People should NOT have to be reminded to frickin vote.

As far as voter registration drives, I'm not big on those either.

Basically, if people really want to vote and they really care about the issues, they should take the initiative to get off their butts and sign up to vote. If these people don't care about voting until MTV comes along and encourages them, well, that's just pathetic.

But how informed do you have to be to be considered a good enough to vote. I imagine the people that draw this line, draw it at around the level of knowledge that they think they posses. (hence the look down on comment. )

I say the measure by which to test if someone should vote is that they get off their butts and vote without having to be continually reminded to do so. You're proactive and register yourself to vote without having to be reminded a gazillion times by celebrities...you're good to go. If you are just there because MTV has made it the cool thing to do, no, sit back down.

That is why I'm totally against MTV drives and other gimmicks to encourage people to vote. Let the natural stratification process take place...you have initiative you vote...you don't have initiative, you don't vote.

Assume they are not up to the task, and they never will be.
You're right and that's exactly why I'm a big proponent of personal responsibility and accountability. The underlying principle of these voter drives and MTV campaigns is the assumption that the target populations they are focusing on are NOT up to task and they need the help and encouragement from an outside source

When you assume an individual is up to a task you don't spoon feed them to help them along...you let them sink or swim on their own. The "swimmers" will be the proactive ones who sign up and vote. If they sink and decide not to sign up, that's their prerogative, but at least they were entrusted with that task. These people are adults now, they shouldn't need to be told by P. Diddy it's important to vote.

Diddy trying to get young people to vote is no different than you or I trying to register young people to vote.

If his celebrity makes people more interested in the process...good.

Sometimes you need unorthodox methods to bring people to the table.

Thing is, I'm against you or I going out and encouraging people to vote who otherwise wouldn't. If someone's too lazy or too dumb to get off their butts and sign up on their own, I don't want to encourage someone like that to vote.

So you're advocating for a higher voting age? Or education level criteria?
Nah, I'm just for people taking initiative on their own to vote...and if they don't want to take that initiative, we shouldn't encourage them to vote
That was the point I was trying to make. Heck, our president isn't the most articulate but i doubt he's an idiot...not really. :)

That's very interesting. Thing is, I hear people bash Bush all the time because he "sounds" unintelligent, yet we can't bash Diddy b/c he talks like an idiot?

Looks like someone forgot their helmet today.
But fortunately...not their flask :2drunks:
Yeah, I have no idea what the **** you are talking about. But I'm sure it looked good as you were typing it.

WTF??? So, Puffy measures a states relevance by whether or not they have crackheads?

Obama can't be pleased with this idiocy.

Where was Puffy's blog when Obama picked an OLD WHITE MAN from Dela-where?

Rip Alaska...but Biden is OK? What does he know about Black people? Puffy thinks we are one breath away from a VP stepping up. Is Biden going to help his agenda?

Puffy is trying to make himself relevant by jumping on the Obama Bandwagon.

Marketing genious...maybe.

Politician...No ****ing way.

This sums it up nicely. :applause::applause:

Archived