Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So i'm going to miss the game tomorrow.

RedskinsFanatic

I often record games and watch them at a more convenient time, even during the regular season. For instance, I'm not going to miss watching my child's baseball game so I can watch the Redskin game on TV. Even casual acquaintances know not to say a word to me about the Redskin game, for I shield myself from all news and watch it as if it was live because I know nothing about the game. My husband thinks it's crazy that I will scream at the TV, jump and down to celebrate a great completion or a sack -- all when this action actually occurred a few hours ago. That's not the point, though. It's the same to me as if it's happening now, so that's how I treat it. I prefer to watch games live, but I won't miss important things in life to watch a game on TV when I can record it and watch it later. I move whatever I can so I can see games live, but some things can't be moved.

Does anyone have pull with BCC Baseball's schedulers so my son's games never conflict with the Redskin game?

RedskinsFanatic- this dilemma strikes hundreds of loyal Skins fans each season. The problem is more difficult to deal with early in the season. If the Skins are no longer in contention for the playoffs at the end of the season then it is not as severe a problem. Over some time I was able to ask her to cook homemade chili for me and I got her to watch the games with me for at least a few games each season. It is important she knows that every season you will be rooting for your team. This weekend since she has off from work you can watch a replay during the following week. When I first met my girl friend she asked, "Do you play golf?" When I said "no" she was thrilled. But I was quick to say that I was a huge Skins fan.

Thanks for the comments and thoughts guys......I know i need help when I'm dying to see a preseason game. I can only imagine the setting....sunny day, waves are crashing, she puts her head on my shoulder and says "isn't this just the perfect day" , and i'll blurt out "i wonder how our secondary looked against favre"..and it'll be a long drive home :(

lol

Just make sure you have the camera rolling. Besides, as the media outlets would have us believe, Favre is on everyones mind. She may beat you to the punch.

I sympathize with you but that wouldn't happen to me.

I've made a rule that when I'm entering into a relationship with a woman,she knows upfront that I don't miss Redskins preseason or regular season games.

And I've never had a problem because they knew what the deal was before we entered into the relationship.

Eh, missing a preseason game only keeps you from over-analyzing everything. I'd beat myself up over missing a regular season game, but not a preseason game.

fairweather fan, die hards dont miss a game. dude has every right to feel sick to his stomach even if its preseason. i havent missed a snap in years and everyone knows not to even bother me when the skins are gonna play. ive damn near pissed myself waiting for commercials while gibbs had the team construct a 19 run 1 pass time consuming 75 minute drive ending in 0 points. its called having things in check, which RedskinsFanatic hasnt mastered yet. But he does have his priorities in order, gotta take care of the lady if you want her to take care of you. and nfl network will probably replay the full game this week.

Archived