Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So i'm going to miss the game tomorrow.

RedskinsFanatic

Is it wrong to feel sick to your stomach on missing a preseason game? My girl wanted to go hiking last week and I said that I wanted to watch the 'Skins/Bills preseason game, so we did. Now she have another rare saturday off work and she wants to go to the coast (which I'm going ) as it's only right..but damn, I'm going to miss the game........do I need help on realizing this game doesn't count and to just get over it. Help my fellow fans, how do I cope? :)

Go 'Skins! :point2sky\\

P.S. I leave in 25 days to D.C..woohoo!!

Is it wrong to feel sick to your stomach on missing a preseason game? My girl wanted to go hiking last week and I said that I wanted to watch the 'Skins/Bills preseason game, so we did. Now she have another rare saturday off work and she wants to go to the coast (which I'm going ) as it's only right..but damn, I'm going to miss the game........do I need help on realizing this game doesn't count and to just get over it. Help my fellow fans, how do I cope? :)

Maybe you could grow a pair. HAHA J/K

This is what you should do. My GF took me to the Ocean for my birthday and surprised me. Little did I know the game was blacked out there so Ifinally found a sports bar (Grand Slam Grotto on route 1 in Rehobeth Beach) to watch the game. It gave us an excuse to go out to dinner and drink a few beers. I demand Redskins when they are on... Preseason or not. If by Coast, you meant East Coast, there will be someone with a dish or Comcast DC style... If not, then you can find someone on the West that will have it. Just do the research or you could find a Redskins bar wherever you are going (Which I assume is West Coast because you live in OR)

Check this site out:

http://www.haruth.com/WRRemoteAreas.html

it doesn't count man. Plus you will catch it again on NFL network, so don't fret. As long as she isn't using this to hold you hostige for liking football too much. You know how some women do. ;)

Just don't mention that you are missing the game on the trip. Your girl will flip.

"Oh so you'd rather watch a stupid game than be with me..."

Am I right guys?

Naw man. Mention it! This is part of football season dammit! If she can't understand that, kick that chick to the curb! :D

I know how you feel. I'm missing next week's game because I'm going to see my other favorite team (the Orioles) play the Yankees at Camden Yards. I'll be wearing my O's gear, but listening to the Skins on the radio the entire time. Once we were playing a preseason game against the Dolphins in the early 1990's, and for whatever reason my Dad picked that night to take us all out to dinner at a fairly expensive restaurant. My parents weren't big spenders when it came to eating out, so this was rare. I brought my walkman (that's how long ago this was!) with me and listened to the game the entire time. My parents were pissed, but...what's more important right?!

Thanks for the comments and thoughts guys......I know i need help when I'm dying to see a preseason game. I can only imagine the setting....sunny day, waves are crashing, she puts her head on my shoulder and says "isn't this just the perfect day" , and i'll blurt out "i wonder how our secondary looked against favre"..and it'll be a long drive home :(

Nothing is more important then love of your life. Not sure why you can't just watch the replay on NFL after all it is only the pre-seaon game.

I am going to be in Canada next weekend - I will be making sure my Slingbox is working before I leave though. Don't like to miss any of my Skins games. :D

Nothing is more important then love of your life. Not sure why you can't just watch the replay on NFL after all it is only the pre-seaon game.

I am going to be in Canada next weekend - I will be making sure my Slingbox is working before I leave though. Don't like to miss any of my Skins games. :D

The Redskins currently are the love of my life.

Maybe you could TiVo it or even pop a tape in the VCR? Then just avoid any news reports, if possible, and watch it when you get back...

Im going on a company canoe trip, this is my plan

Just don't mention that you are missing the game on the trip. Your girl will flip.

"Oh so you'd rather watch a stupid game than be with me..."

Am I right guys?

You are far too corect my friend

Thanks for the comments and thoughts guys......I know i need help when I'm dying to see a preseason game. I can only imagine the setting....sunny day, waves are crashing, she puts her head on my shoulder and says "isn't this just the perfect day" , and i'll blurt out "i wonder how our secondary looked against favre"..and it'll be a long drive home :(

You could always come down with some stomach ailment at the last minute. That's kind of what pisses me off about "metrosexuals." Why should women go out with sports nuts like you and I when they can have a "straight guy" that's never going to tell them that they can't make it someplace because they have to watch the big game?

You could suggest that she bring her most attractive female friend with you guys to the coast, the act overly enthusiastic about this girl coming along. She will most likely cancel the trip or maybe you find yourself in a better situation the watching a preseason game.

Archived