Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dcprosportsreport.com :Zorn thinks he has an All Star passer

Area51

First time (in a while at least) that I'm starting a thread, so don't bust my balls if I make a mistake or whatever. Interesting read though on Zorn's feelings on Campbell.

Zorn thinks he has an All Star passer

By Spence | August 11, 2008

Matt Mosely of ESPN sat in on some Redskins practices last week and has this observation about what the Redskins expect from Jason Campbell this season.

"Jim Zorn didn’t come right out and say this to me, but I know for a fact that he’s told Campbell he’s poised to become a perennial Pro Bowl quarterback. I’m not going to sit here and pretend that I saw something in three practices that convinced me that Campbell’s ready to become a star, but I did sit down with him for 45 minutes and heard some pretty promising things. When he got injured in November, he stood on the sideline and studied everything Todd Collins was doing. He said Collins’ willingness to check the ball down when plays downfield weren’t there had a profound effect on him.

Will he be a Pro Bowl quarterback this season? I really can’t say. But I do think that he’ll play with a lot more confidence and his fundamentals are already better. This guy is buying into whatever Zorn’s selling big time."

http://dcprosportsreport.com/?p=677

i think for the pro bowl, Romo sits to pee is a lock no matter what unfortunately. he has the popularity locked down, and it sucks to say it but he is a talented quarterback putting up excellent numbers.

now that favre is gone, the other spots pretty much come down to:

jc

eli

mcnabb

hasselbeck

brees

garcia

id say that Brees looks primed to have a good season, so i'd pencil him in behind Romo sits to pee, and unless Eli sucks really badly he is prob in based on t he super bowl win. that being said, clearly the season has yet to start and i expect eli to suck very badly.

im hoping JC can sneak into that 3rd spot this year or next year. that being said, ill take 10-6 and no pro bowl instead.

Probowl?

Probowl? Did you say...Probowl?

Probowl?

Can we give the guy a chance to go out there and win a little bit first? Sheesh.

Maybe play one regular season game and shake off some cobb webbs before some of us start sending him off to the...excuse me...Probowl?

:)

Romo sits to pee is a lock my ass. If there's any cosmic karma at all, he will finish the season just like Campbell did - injured on the bench. That team has led a charmed life FAR too long as far as injuries go. If they had half the guys out last year that we did, they wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs.

It's OUR turn for some good fortune for a change. JC>>>Romo sits to pee this year...

I think the goal should be a pro-bowl QB level of production from JC this year.

But for JC to beat celebrities like Romo sits to pee in a national popularity contest to get into the actual probowl seems unrealistic. JC is not a celebrity quarterback in the mold of a Favre or McNabb or Manning or Romo sits to pee. I don't mean that as a criticism at all, it's just how it is.

I have said since day one that I believe Jason Campbell will really flourish in this WCO scheme. Add the fact that we drafted 2 more weapons in Devin Thomas, and Malcom Kelly I think that even raises the bar on what he could do even more. I expect Pro Bowl type numbers from Jason.

Let's wait until the regular season games where defenses are playing their first string guys at 100% and blitzing. What is Campbell gonna go against a top notch defense blitzing in an actual game? I see visions of 2002 and 2003 with the chuck-n-duck.

However, I agree with Zorn. Zorn is trying to make Campbell as confident as possible.

I too, say wait till the regular season when the defenses will be sending all kind of blitz packages. Also that can bring in affect on how JZ is going to handle this during the regular season. We have the Talent, now all we need to do is go out and play.

When he got injured in November, he stood on the sideline and studied everything Todd Collins was doing. He said Collins’ willingness to check the ball down when plays downfield weren’t there had a profound effect on him.

Probably the only take away from this article. IMHO the check downs didn't really come into play during Gibbs II. Now that we will be opening up the passing game it will be crucial for JC to understand when it is ok to go to his check down for an easy 5 or 6 yards.

Is he a lock for the Pro Bowl, no. Who cares though about the Pro Bowl? I'm convinced it's a mere popularity contest after Roy Williams got in last year. As long as JC leads us to the promised land I will be happy.

I think the goal should be a pro-bowl QB level of production from JC this year.

But for JC to beat celebrities like Romo sits to pee in a national popularity contest to get into the actual probowl seems unrealistic. JC is not a celebrity quarterback in the mold of a Favre or McNabb or Manning or Romo sits to pee. I don't mean that as a criticism at all, it's just how it is.

Yeah, I think thats what the goal is. I don't see Campbell making this year's Pro Bowl, unless if he posts up ridiculous stats(which I don't believe will happen). But it seems that Zorn believes he can play at a Pro Bowl level.

Romo sits to pee, no matter how he plays this year, is going to get Roy Williams'ed into the Pro Bowl. Eli, McNaab, Hasselback and others are bigger names. Personally, I could care less if he makes it or not. I'm just hoping he plays like a All-Star QB, Pro Bowl selection or not.

Romo sits to pee is a lock my ass. If there's any cosmic karma at all, he will finish the season just like Campbell did - injured on the bench. That team has led a charmed life FAR too long as far as injuries go. If they had half the guys out last year that we did, they wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs.

It's OUR turn for some good fortune for a change. JC>>>Romo sits to pee this year...

Wishing injury upon a player...... Now that's classy!

As for injuries, Dallas had both their starting CB's and Greg Ellis miss significant time... They also spent the entire season without their projected #2 WR... Now I know it was much worse for some teams, but it's not like we were 100% the whole season... Maybe the Redskins should try Camp Cupcake, it seems to be working for us...

And what are you ****ing about anyway??? If Campbell had stayed healthy, you would not have made the playoffs... So maybe you should be hoping for him to get injured again, instead of Romo sits to pee....

:notworthy

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for no more major missed time. I get so paranoid whenever he gets rushed. I can't help it sometimes, but I get an awful feeling that JC is going to be one of those players that gets punched in the face by circumstances and doesn't get to realize his full potential until after he's left us.

Archived