Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Said it Once, and I'll Say it Again; ALFRED FINCHER

CRobi21

Sinclair made a great play on a punt return that had he not made the tackle, the Bill would have taken it to the house.

made a few tackles nothing that special on D.

I noticed that Sinclair was in good position for his tackles. He wasn't everywhere like Fincher, but Sinclair had good positioning. I remember a couple of plays where the running back was running through a hole the Oline made only to meet Sinclair (at the line of scrimmage).

On the play he recovered the fumble....he was the last guy on the wing and didn't force arun....which is what you need to do to prevent a RB getting outside for a big run, luckily Boshetti and the Safety caused a fumble and he was alert in pursuit to get it.....saved his bad play there...still looks way undersized though....Blades is bigger...and Sinclair is huge compared to him...don't know if Fincher could cover a TE sized like Witten.

On the play he recovered the fumble....he was the last guy on the wing and didn't force arun....which is what you need to do to prevent a RB getting outside for a big run, luckily Boshetti and the Safety caused a fumble and he was alert in pursuit to get it.....saved his bad play there...still looks way undersized though....Blades is bigger...and Sinclair is huge compared to him...don't know if Fincher could cover a TE sized like Witten.

You seriously wanna go the undersized route with London Fletcher on the team?

Fincher def has a nose for the ball. He plays with a good energy. I dunno if it's just me, maybe one of y'all can help, but he seems very undersized to me. Not a lotta bulk up top, altough neither does Taylor or Rocky. Just an observation

There's a great story about Fincher's college experience out there on the internets. Essentially it said that he plays with a chip on his shoulder because he's always been told that he's too small to play at an elite level.

Sound like anybody else on our team?

Thickness and height differ greatly for LBs...Fincher looks like Betts on HGH...he's not as wide as Fletch or even Blades....heck Sean Taylor was bigger.

Idk man. He looks pretty beastly to me. I'll try to take a closer look next time.

Oh he looks good to me for sure...its probably between him and Sinclair...unless Wallace gets back into the mix with his hand healthy....I welcome all great depth...he just looks small but obviously with Fletch and Blades its about speed, motor, and heart...size isn't the staple.....just odd seeing him smaller then those too in pads.

I don't know who Fincher is and unfortunately having no NFL Network, I didn't see the game. But from the gamecenter on NFL.com, it seemed like Ladell Betts was making a lot of plays on defense. I think the coaches should play him on D more often. :)

Forget Devine, McMullin, Mann, Gant and Toler ... they are all toast ... Mix is a keeper. Also keepers: Sinclair, Richardson, Moore, Rhinehart, Geisinger, Torrence and Tryon.

McMullen toast? He had some very nice catches and some nice moves after the catch. What did Mix do at all?

I definately like the way Fincher plays, but he needs to change his number. I believe my man crush thus far is Chad Rhinehart, this guy is going to be a beast. I've seen him roll fools multiple times and plays great at guard and tackle. All I have to say is the FO has been on point finding talent our young guys have looked tough during the first 2 games. Its to bad we can only keep 53.

Archived