Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Said it Once, and I'll Say it Again; ALFRED FINCHER

CRobi21

Will we keep six or seven LBs.. that's the question. With Rocky and Washington's penchants for injury, and Blades being injured as well... I still believe we keep seven.

Rocky, Washington, Fletcher, Blades, Sinclair, K. Campbell, and Fincher. Rian Wallace is practice squad at best.... Gatewood is unimpressive and will be cut.

Q: Who the Hell is Alfred Fincher?

A: Born August 15, 1983 in Norwood, Mass. (he'll be 25 years old on Friday!)

Listed at 6'1", 238.

He was captain of his football, track, and basketball teams at Norwood High School and all-league in all three sports. He was also class president 3 years.

Went to University of Connecticut, and was a senior captain as a linebacker. Had 115 tackles his junior year in 12 games. His senior year he had 140 tackles, the 5th best total in the nation.

Drafted in the 3rd round by the New Orleans Saints. Wore number 90 there, and played mainly on special teams. The Saints waived him on Nov. 29, 2007. He had been on their IR list after suffering a concussion on November 4.

He worked out with the N.Y. Jets on in January 2008, but wasn't signed. The Detroit Lions signed him on March 27 but waived him on July 26. The Redskins signed him on July 31.

Archived