Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For The Love Of God....

CrypticVillain

Green Bay please just stop being so stupid and just trade Brett Farve.

This story is so old and I am tired of it, my family and friends are tired of it. ExtremeSkins is tired of it. The only people who seem to care anymore is ESPN and the NFL Network.

Green Bay just needs to get what they can get from the Vikings and just get it over with. Yes the Vikings might be a good team with him, but the Vikings would be good no matter who their QB is (Jackson or Farve). I would just try to get a couple of high round picks and just call it a day.

:packsuck:

ML..Favre just asked to be cut

Favre says of situation: 'This probably isn't going to work'

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre went into a meeting Tuesday morning acknowledging that he was at a "stalemate" with the team and believed the "best thing for this team is for us to part ways."

Consequently, Favre is unlikely to take the field for practice Tuesday afternoon, pending his second meeting with coach Mike McCarthy -- though sources told ESPN's Wendi Nix that Favre's wife, Deanna, and his agent, James "Bus" Cook, are encouraging him to practice.

"We're at a stalemate," Favre said. "Mike and I both agreed last night that me being out there is a distraction and will continue to be a distraction. We all know the reason I'm here is because the commissioner [Roger Goodell] reinstated me so we have a lot of things to figure out. It's simple and complicated, both at the same time."

Favre said the team once again rejected his request to talk to teams about a trade within the NFC North, preferably to the Minnesota Vikings or possibly the Chicago Bears.

Favre clarified reports that he and the Packers have backpedaled on the premise that there would be an open competition with Aaron Rodgers for the starting job.

"Mike told me, hey, we're a better team with you on it but wanted to know if I have a problem with an open competition," Favre said. "I don't have a problem with competing -- you know that, but Aaron should be the starter right now because he's been out here all this time. This is more than about an open competition and I can do that, absolutely, but this is going to be mass confusion and that's not good for this team.

Click for full article

I agree, it's getting sickening. The real losers out of this are the fans of GB and Aaron Rodgers.

From the home page of NFL.com alone:

Favre update

Favre meets with McCarthy

Mariucci on Favre's return

Top 10 Favre moments

Rodgers on Favre's return

McCarthy on Favre's return

Vikings didn't tamper with Favre

Stalemate continues with Favre, Packers

Will Brett Favre practice with the Packers on Tuesday?

And finally:

Will Favre saga ever end?

:laugh: It would if you'd stop obsessing over it!! lol...

This Farve Garbage won't end until Brett Retires.

If GB keeps him, BSPN will say "OH HOW CAN THE PACKERS LEAVE THE LEGEND ON THE BENCH!?!?!"

If GB Cuts him, BSPN will move on to the team who picks him up.

****s.

If the Packers release him, I think they'll be 10-20 million in the hole. So that is why they are not trying to take that cap hit.

You take the same cap hit if you trade him.

I dont think it's a 20 million hit either, Im not sure what the figure is.

It sounds like Favre agreed to not attend camp, to not have a competition where it's a circus, and to let Aaron Rogers start.

All the Packers have to do is release him, and they won't do it.

If Favre is still on the roster come Monday, that preseason game against the Bengals is goingto be a nightmare.....

This is all about an old fart who is so arrogant, and such a drama queen that he cannot stomach a younger player with more upside FOR THE FUTURE of the team being the initial starter at QB. A real man would accept being the backup (realizing that there will be games that Arron Rogers screws up) and be glad to enter a game half-way through to lead the team to victory.....

This is all about an old fart who is so arrogant, and such a drama queen that he cannot stomach a younger player with more upside FOR THE FUTURE of the team being the initial starter at QB. A real man would accept being the backup (realizing that there will be games that Arron Rogers screws up) and be glad to enter a game half-way through to lead the team to victory.....

But if Rodgers loses the first game, they will be calling for his head. Favre doesn't care about anyone but self only. It's also the Packers fault too for prolonging this.

Breaking News per ESPN:

ESPN will launch a new channel tomorrow on all satellite and cable networks. The channel will be called "The Favre Network" and will carry round the clock coverage of Brett Favre's actions.

Never miss a moment with ESPN's "The Favre Channel" available 8-6-08.

Breaking News per ESPN:

ESPN will launch a new channel tomorrow on all satellite and cable networks. The channel will be called "The Favre Network" and will carry round the clock coverage of Brett Favre's actions.

Never miss a moment with ESPN's "The Favre Channel" available 8-6-08.

TFC, I guess it has a nice ring to it.

:thud:

Word is he's been sent to the Buccaneers although this source comes off a blog-type site , "SaveBrett.net". The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel quotes said site as a source , and reports that this trade will be reported to the media soon. However , this info comes from a blog-type site (and there have previously been issues of blogs breaking news like the firing of Ned Yost which simply aren't true)

You can tell Thompson and McCarthy are biting their tongues every time they speak. They clearly despise Favre. It sounds like the entire front office does. Guy must be a real jerk behind closed doors because there is no way in hell they truly think Rodgers gives them a better chance to win.

The Vikes or Bears would have to give up more for a trade being in the same division. I don't think either one needs Favre that bad. The Bears are still committed to Grossman and the Vikes would probably like to see more from Jackson. Anyways, it's either the Jets or the Bucs. I think he's headed for Tampa.

Archived