Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone just catch Clinton's Interview on Training Camp Live on CSN

diego1115

I think it's easy enough for all of us at times to forget that these modern-day gladiators are people with families, problems, insecurities, and issues just like the rest of us.

I think we all know how it is to pour your heart and soul into something... only to have it **** on by folks who don't know you or care about you. Think about something you've done in your life that has required everything you have, or that you're most proud of. Then imagine turning on the TV and seeing a bunch of people you don't know sitting around a table talking about how your work sucks. I don't care who you are, that would be tough.

So I can imagine that despite all the money and fame, being a player in the league can be crippling at times... especially for a guy like Portis who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Sorry to hear about the miscarraige and the passing of his grandmother. During my wife's pregnancy we thought she had a miscarraige at one point... it was one of the most depressing times in my life. Thank God it turned out okay... but my heart goes out to Clinton and his better half.

yeah D I saw that today...it might explain how he kept it together better than most other folks during the whole st thing...in a lot of cases it would be easy for him to have come out with those things earlier and used them as excuses before, but he just bit the bullet and went out and got his work done.

my heart goes out to CP. it's amazing how much you can idolize a guy, and really know nothing about him. i hope the birth of his child is truly a sign of new beginnings. he has always been a stand-up guy, a pleasure in public and not to mention a monster on the field. i have been a fan of CP since the minute he put on that B&G, and i will remain a fan long after he hangs it up.

I saw the interview.............I almost cried.

My little 19 months old daughter was running around giggling and offering me hugs at that moment, and I just remembered how scared me and my wife were a few times during her pregnancy just to think we could lose her.

Im sorry to hear what a terrible year was it for my favorite football player. After Sean's death I recall him saying something like "You live and die for your family........"

Portis is a true Redskin. He would do anything for this team. Hes one of this franchises greatest running backs of all time. Enjoy this time watching Portis play because one day (when his name is in the Redskins ring of fame) you are going to think back and say "Man i wish we had a back that could put the weight of this team on his shoulders and carry us like Portis used to".

My gosh. How much loss is one person expected to face in such a short time? My respect for CP has grown. That is way too much for any human being to shoulder. I hope that the bad days are behind him and that the birth of his child is the start of many wonderful things in his future -- and I'm talking about things that really matter in life and not his football performance.

Does anyone know what they named him?

Wow that sucks. Portis is cool as **** and I think the most important player on the team, and one of those guys that gives 100% all the time. I have no problem with him missing any preseason games, I'd be ok with him missing them all if he wants to and have no problem with anything else he's ever done either.

My wife and I had a miscarriage. It was the only time I ever called out of work in a 6 year span. It's weird because you've never even met the kid, but it felt just as bad as losing someone close.

Also, Portis is my favorite player by a landslide. Who in their right mind wears those costumes?!?! That guy is hilarious, and he's a stud.

I completely agree with you. Portis gives everything he has every game. Including pre-season. I find it ridiculous that people ARE complaining about him not playing in the pre-season considering what happened last year when he hurt himself IN the pre-season. Portis is the kinda guy that, like Riggins, is better well rested, then practiced. He is a workhorse.

I Have Never seen a Team when the Superbowl in August, But have seen a lot of them lose it in August because of injuries. CP Gives us everything he has every game!! The problem is to many people are in love with fantasy numbers. I want a Football player, And Damn it Clinton is a football player. He does all the little things that other So-called Top Running Backs will not do. If you think I'm blowing smoke Go look him up on You-tube. :2cents:

I've seen some post in the last few days about JT being the new face of the franchise. Nothing against JT and I doubt he came with that attitude, but, for me, Clinton Portis is the face, heart and soul of the Redskins. Anything else just doesn't feel right.

X2

:applause:

I've been blessed with a wonderful wife and three wonderful children, but we did go through a miscarriage as well. To me there is nothing more precious or sacred than a child, so my heart goes out to CP and I'm glad he and his girlfriend (here's hoping he decides to commit to being a full time dad and husband soon - there are too many children being raised by only one person these days) are able to celebrate the birth of their child.

Czabe pretty much is critical of everyone. To me, Brian Mitchell is the one who is most critical of CP. Not sure why - maybe a bit of jealousy. I don't think CP is the greatest player in the world like some people here do, but no one should question his desire or his commitment to the team. The fact that he feels he needs to rest a little in the preseason to me indicates his desire to be there when the Redskins need him most. His recent injuries have made him a little paranoid, but understandably so.

Hail,

H

Been there too, and it is an unbelievably devastating feeling. My heart goes out to him and his family.

In his previous interview he alluded to how much he appreciated Gibb's lessons about hardship and perseverance. This really puts it all in perspective.

Face of the franchise, and I couldn't think of a better one to represent.

Yea, i saw the interview. Was pretty heavy stuff.

One additional thought I had about this, other than the sentiments already being expressed about CP's situation specifically, is just a general comment on the team. Which goes back to last year, Sean Taylor's passing, and the culture that Joe Gibbs' fostered: For the first time in many years, I really feel like this team - is a team. We pretty much have the same players. We know them. They know us. They know the media. I sense a certain comfort level between the players, media, management, and the fans - that hasn't been there in a while.

I'll be checking online later hopefully they'll have that interview up. That is very sad indeed. I never want to experience that kind of loss. Hopefully Portis knows that the people who support him and appreciate everything he brings far outweigh those who are always down on him. He has been and continues to be my favorite Redskins player.

Was it a miscarriage?...or was the baby still born?

Just wondering?...I've been through a still birth.

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. That has to be the worst to go through labor and delivery, expect that joyful moment when your child enters the world, and then have your child taken from you. Skins23, I'm so sorry you went through that.

My wife and I had a miscarriage. It was the only time I ever called out of work in a 6 year span. It's weird because you've never even met the kid, but it felt just as bad as losing someone close.

You were close with the child. You definitely begin that parental bond while the child is in utero.

My heart goes out to all of you who have gone through a miscarriage. During one of my pregnancies, I started bleeding and was so scared that I might lose my child. I've never felt as desperate and scared as I did at that time. Thankfully it turned out to be nothing alarming.

I saw it yesterday as well. It was really deep stuff. He said it perfectly though, football players are regular people just like you and I, they just have the spotlight on them and a lot of people think they're impervious to pain. He seems as though he's really matured and is ready to lead this team, I think great things will happen for #26 this year

Archived