Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone just catch Clinton's Interview on Training Camp Live on CSN

diego1115

It takes a strong man to open up and finally reveal what could be troubling him....as a new father, the possibility of losing a child would be horrific for me....I could only imagine his pain.

besides losing a child sometime last year, he also said he lost his Grandmother, his best friends mom and ST's death was the last unfortunate incident.

wow....im kinda at a loss for words....

he basically had a sitdown with Kelly Johnson after practice...and she just let him talk....and he talked about how people (fans/media etc) keep talkin about him not playin in the Preseason...then after a couple of more questions, he started saying something to the effect of "People only see the money, we're human, you never know what could be bothering you...." and then elaborated further of what i stated in my initial post...

I was stunned...i normally dont make posts on here...i thought it was just sad man...

I caught it a few minutes ago. It's not online yet, but you may want to check HERE either later tonight or in the morning. If you get ComCast, chances are they'll re-run it in the morning during Sportsrise.

I saw the interview today...I was stunned as well. Wasn't sure WHAT he meant by lost a child (that's how he put it). Neither was the interviewer and she asked him to clarify, he mentioned that his gf had lost their child before birth...on Mother's Day of all days and just kinda went all blank from there.

So sad, I couldn't believe he was keeping something like that inside. I'm hoping he has one hell of a support group when it comes to family and friends who have helped carry him through.

Edit: I'm also assuming this is why he missed some of those OTA days and other such off season conditioning there in the middle since it was right around this time.

Members have expressed some confusion diego and understandably so I think. May want to be bit more specific about what was said in your initial post. Though it does look like someone else answered a question that should help ease that confusion.

Members have expressed some confusion diego and understandably so I think. May want to be bit more specific about what was said in you initial post.

yea i see that now...thats my fault totally

I made that post so fast....didnt even read over it to catch anything that could be confusing...my bad....

yea i see that now...thats my fault totally

I made that post so fast....didnt even read over it to catch any confusing...my bad....

No worries. All is well,(though it looks like I need to be a bit quicker on the edit. ;) ).

Wow. Thats really sad to hear. I am and always have been a huge Portis supporter. Its the only jersey i own and i rock it with pride. His notions of lack of support i could understand if he frequents this site...there are way too many morons on this site down talking portis. And while i believe everyone is entitled to an opinion...those that don't think portis is one of the top backs in the league are frickin' retards!

You know they say you never know what you got till its gone...but maybe some of those haters out there need to go back and remind themselves what it was like when trung candidate was our tailback.

yes he said he lost a child on Mother's Day, im guessing 2007...because he is a new father now....I pray that the Mother and Child are doing well....

Either way...how freaking terrible. I was hoping we'd hear more of the story, but was very impressed and thankful that Kelly did not push the issue but rather just let him talk and go the direction he wanted to. Shows a lot of character on her part and will probably allow her to do more indepth interviews with CP in the future.

Portis has given nothing but 100% effort for this team since hes been here. He's my favorite Redskin.

I completely agree with you. Portis gives everything he has every game. Including pre-season. I find it ridiculous that people ARE complaining about him not playing in the pre-season considering what happened last year when he hurt himself IN the pre-season. Portis is the kinda guy that, like Riggins, is better well rested, then practiced. He is a workhorse.

That being said, I haven't seen this interview yet, so other than Sean's death, I wasn't really aware of all the other stuff. I wish I could tell him to his face that I'm sorry for all his loss. It's tough losing all that so close to each other. I hope this year is in stark contrast & he breaks all kinds of records. Anything that he tops Emmitt "Crybaby" Smith will do just fine. :thumbsup:

I saw this as well - I TIVO both the Comcast Training Camp Coverage and Larry Michael's "show" every day. I was floored that he was that open - it goes to show that there is so much more to these men beyond "football".

I'll tell all of you this - Clinton is the real deal...he's genuine...str8 up...honest...plays hard...and "cares" about the Redskins and the Redskins community. We should all be lucky to have him...

Archived