Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Rookies misconduct (Devin Thomas Quote)

Majormajor00

Saw this article on nfl.com on rookie misconduct. Has a nice little quote by Devin Thomas on the root of all evil...

"Devin Thomas, a Washington Redskins rookie receiver, said he believes that money is at the root of most conduct issues in the NFL, especially among rookies.

"People are always looking at you," Thomas said. "In restaurants, at airports, they are watching your swagger. You have to keep that in mind. In this day, money is driving things for our age group. You grow up with no money. You dream of having money. You get money. You want to show it. Celebrate it. Let the good times begin. You are out at the club. Guys know you have the money. And some of them want to take the money from you. Money plays a huge role all around, especially if you never had it. Guys have to realize this is a stepping stone -- not the final act.’’

Full Article is here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8093ab44&template=with-video&confirm=true

Jeez, that is a great mindset! Great job by the FO continuing to draft and acquire high character guys. This hopefully is the legacy Gibbs leaves this time around, because it is probably the most important quality a team can have.

nice 2 hear that devin isnt tryin 2 follow the footsteps of Pacman,tank johnson,etc....

man him and kelly are really maturing fast and thats good 4 the organization cuz they

dont have 2 worry about them getting in trouble with the law and that they will soley

focus on football

And some people were calling him dumb for how he spoke at his presser. Pretty intelligent words. Actions speak louder but you like the fact that he's thought about the gravity that playing in the NFL entails. Good for him.

Good for us.

Just finished reading the Malcolm Kelly thread and then I come in here and see this. At worst, at least we know that we have two guys that are sensible and humble and will likely give the kind of effort it takes to succeed in pro football. It makes me a little less worried about our two rookie WR's. This Fred Davis guy OTOH.....

What do you people expect him to say?? Of course he and every other athlete are going to say all the right things in an interview. Was Michael Irving talking about the huge rail he blew 10 min before?? Ill reserve my judgement on all the draft picks till after the season.

What do you people expect him to say?? Of course he and every other athlete are going to say all the right things in an interview. Was Michael Irving talking about the huge rail he blew 10 min before?? Ill reserve my judgement on all the draft picks till after the season.

If you saw Irvin talk when he was a rook, there wasnt much doubt he was a asshat. Actually much hasnt changed for Irvin in that regard at all.

Jeez, that is a great mindset! Great job by the FO continuing to draft and acquire high character guys. This hopefully is the legacy Gibbs leaves this time around, because it is probably the most important quality a team can have.

I agree and that might have been the best gift that Gibbs could have left us with. Having quality players and people with decent morals. That is something that is hard to find and I am glad he set that precedent.

My man seems to have his head on straight. His parents should be proud, and they should also be applauded. This quote just shows the type of character he has.

I agree and more often than not blame the parents when a kid turns out bad. His parents really should be applauded and proud that they raised a good kid.

A buddy of mine met him the other day at Tysons and spoke with him for about 45 minutes. Said he was incredibly laid back, unassuming and just an overall nice guy

I tend to believe this is his actual mindset with regards to money. Which means the FO deserves a lot of credit for doing their HW and bringing in another WR with a good head on his shoulders

Archived