Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westboro Baptist Church is picketing a funeral on July 10 in Arlington

No Excuses

The morons are coming to picket the funeral of an Army Lieutenant Colonel. Is there not any way of stopping these people?

They are a disgrace to the US and to the world. They openly berate our country, our soldiers, our people, our flag and show no mercy towards those who died of tragedies. Just how in the world are these people not in jail for all the stupid **** they do?

The morons are coming to picket the funeral of an Army Lieutenant Colonel. Is there not any way of stopping these people?

They are a disgrace to the US and to the world. They openly berate our country, our soldiers, our people, our flag and show no mercy towards those who died of tragedies. Just how in the world are these people not in jail for all the stupid **** they do?

Well, there's this pesky Constitution. (You may have heard of it.)

I feel obligated to point out:

As I understand it, the way this scum raises money so they can travel around pulling this :pooh: is:

They want to get slugged, or attacked, or something. So they can sue the person who slugged them, and the city/county for "failing to protect them".

They want physical violence. It's their primary way of getting funding and media coverage.

As a Christian and a Baptist, I must say that these people sicken me.

Do not judge Christians or Baptists by these wackos! THEY DO NOT REPRESENT US!

As a Jew and a ... Jew, I must say that I don't consider these freaks Christians.

For what it's worth.

If they were protesting at the funeral's of dead gay people, talking about how teh gheys were going to bring the rapture on the US, how God's smote cities over homosexuality before, nobody would blink an eye. Hell, if you take away the "God's punishing us by killing our soldiers" part of their beliefs about homos, a good number of the people on this very message board would agree with them. Alas, in this case, nationalism trumps "Godly" based hatred of fags. I find it amusing to say the least.

Certainly these people are despicable, however, they have the constitutional right to do what they do and YOU have the constitutional right to show up and drown them out, as the Freedom Riders do (I think that's their name). You do not, however, have the right to lay hands on them and would only be furthering their cause if you do.

I feel obligated to point out:

As I understand it, the way this scum raises money so they can travel around pulling this :pooh: is:

They want to get slugged, or attacked, or something. So they can sue the person who slugged them, and the city/county for "failing to protect them".

They want physical violence. It's their primary way of getting funding and media coverage.

Yup. A lot of the people in that family are lawyers and they might be just for this reason.

They were sued for by the father of a dead soldier and he recieved 10.9 million from them. My question, why don't all the families they harass apply this on them? They possibly can't have that much money that they can pump out millions in law suits.

Yup. A lot of the people in that family are lawyers and they might be just for this reason.

They were sued for by the father of a dead soldier and he recieved 10.9 million from them. My question, why don't all the families they harass apply this on them? They possibly can't have that much money that they can pump out millions in law suits.

Because they aren't attacking anyone or breaking any laws. They simply have a very disgusting, abominable set of beliefs that, nonetheless, are constitutionally protected.

Find out where they are picketing, gather a large group of people together and stand between them and they funeral. Hold up flags and banners that say God Bless Our Soldiers that will block their view. Hopefully the flags, banners and people will prevent the family from seeing much of them. They will still do all their trash talking but it would be more peaceful for the family of an American hero.

Do the same thing they do but do it around them so nobody can see them.

I'd be willing to bet that every one of them is 100% completely broke, at least on paper.

That's it. I live in Arlington. This means war (I don't know the soldier, but I wouldn't mind getting in their faces) :redpunch:

EDIT: WVU: http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

I am so down to meet up with anyone who wants to harrass (within limits) these hate-filled people who hide behind a deluded version of the Bible.

From the website.

Arlington National Cemetery Jefferson Davis Highway & Memorial Drive This is for the funeral of Army Lt. Col. James J. Walton. Yikes! God has killed another army anti-christ! There is nowhere safe for those of you who put on a uniform for this perverse and God-despising nation of hypocrites and whoremongers. You take your life in your own hands, and God is killing your fellow countrymen! Woe be to those in the armed forces of Doomed America! It would have been better that you had not been born/signed up for that foolish cause. There is no protecting a nation that God does not protect (Psalm 128:1)- your watchmen- your marines- your national guard-your air force- your army- your navy- none of them can win this fight against God! RUN FROM THAT FAG-INFESTED and GOD-HATING association of brute beasts! The flag is a piece of cloth; it can not save your souls from the fires of HELL! You had better listen to us, or you will join James Walton (good night John Boy) in the Lake of Fire! He ignorantly sinned away his day of Grace and brought WRATH down on his head! America is Doomed! Amen.

How big is this Church? I thought they were in Kansas. They have pickets all over the country on the 10th. After Arlington they are going to go down to DC. and picket something else.

Find out where they are picketing, gather a large group of people together and stand between them and they funeral. Hold up flags and banners that say God Bless Our Soldiers that will block their view. Hopefully the flags, banners and people will prevent the family from seeing much of them. They will still do all their trash talking but it would be more peaceful for the family of an American hero.

Do the same thing they do but do it around them so nobody can see them.

Im down for that.

Because they aren't attacking anyone or breaking any laws. They simply have a very disgusting, abominable set of beliefs that, nonetheless, are constitutionally protected.

Yeah but they were sued primarily on violation of privacy and causing emotional distress. They lost 10.9 million dollars on that. I haven't read about anything different they did at that picket than the other ones they do. If they can be found guilty for such a hefty cost, they should be living on the streets if most of the places they picket and cause emotional disturbance at would do this.

If they were protesting at the funeral's of dead gay people, talking about how teh gheys were going to bring the rapture on the US, how God's smote cities over homosexuality before, nobody would blink an eye. Hell, if you take away the "God's punishing us by killing our soldiers" part of their beliefs about homos, a good number of the people on this very message board would agree with them. Alas, in this case, nationalism trumps "Godly" based hatred of fags. I find it amusing to say the least.

Oh, I agree. If these people were doing exactly the same thing at the funerals of gay people, there'd be quite a few folks on this board who'd be sending them donations.

Now that's a busy schedule - all on 7/10: :laugh:

07/10/2008 07:45 AM - 08:40 AM Arlington, VA Arlington National Cemetery

07/10/2008 09:00 AM - 09:35 AM Washington, DC Chinese Embassy

07/10/2008 09:45 AM - 10:15 AM Washington, DC India Embassy

07/10/2008 11:15 AM - 12:00 PM Baltimore, MD Federal Courthouse in Baltimore, MD

07/10/2008 1:15 PM - 2:00 PM Albany, NY New York State House

07/10/2008 4:45 PM - 5:30 PM West Point , NY West Point Military Academy of Beasts in training

Im down for that.

Me too, but its probably better if we plan it for there pickets in DC. We can't stop them from invading the funerals and IMO it would cause too much of a scene for the people who are attending it and want peace (which they sadly won't get).

How big is this Church? I thought they were in Kansas. They have pickets all over the country on the 10th. After Arlington they are going to go down to DC. and picket something else.

Not very. As I understand it, there are like 20 members, and almost all of them are direct relatives of Phelps.

I'd also note to everybody here that what they want is attention. Your outrage makes them happy. It's why they switched from picketing gays to picketing soldiers. While they did get some attention picketing things like Matthew Shepherds funeral, it wasn't enough for them, so they switched to soldiers, knowing that dishonoring the memory of a person that died defending this country would do the job.

I honestly think the best thing to do is ignore them.

Archived