Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unofficial New Music Thread

@DCGoldPants

With all the sharing we do of opinions of movies, wrestling and politics. There just isn't enough talk of new music going on out there.

Personally, even with thousands of songs on ye ole' MP3 players, I'm ready to listen to some new stuff.

So, I was hoping we could be a happy little ES family, and share what new music we're listening to.....and why we like or dislike it.

Right now I'm listening to the Raconteurs newest. Consolers of the Lonely. Its decent. A few songs are gym worthy.

Since I've been taking photos of local bands lately (and bands that come through the area) I've been turned on to some pretty good music that you won't find on the radio. I hate to be "that guy"...but, I guess I am...anyway....

Brent Grunow and the Bandits. They're from NYC: http://www.myspace.com/brentgrunow

And here they are on the CBS morning show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prItKywfCw0

Saw them for the 2nd time this past Thursday, and here are the photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8037331@N08/sets/72157605741611169/

The Speaks are also good: www.myspace.com/thespeaks

John Wayne Hero is up and coming: www.myspace.com/johnwaynehero

Everyone But Pete: www.myspace.com/everyonebutpete

Porcupine Tree

excellent choice...what album/song?

Currently I am listening to John Scofield's album Works for Me.

Lately though, I have been listening to the new Opeth CD, Watershed, non-stop. It gets about 2 listens a day at least. Fantastic stuff.

Kaki King has also been on heavy rotation as well. She writes some awesome chillax type music.

Here's my top 15 from 2008 so far.

The Dodos - Visiter

Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Lie Down In The Light

Sigur Ros - Með Suð í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

Man Man - Rabbit Habits

Islands - Arm's Way

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

The Black Keys - Attack & Release

Why? - Alopecia

Born Ruffians - Red, Yellow & Blue

The Hold Steady - Stay Positive

The Envy Corps - Dwell

Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride

The Magnetic Fields - Distortion

Also, the new Girl Talk album is available under the "pay what you want to pay/Radiohead" model here. If you havent heard of it, it's basically a mashup of rap/club hits with classic, modern, and indie rock songs. There are literally hundreds of different samples on the album. Pretty cool.

Here's my top 15 from 2008 so far.

The Dodos - Visiter

Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Lie Down In The Light

Sigur Ros - Með Suð í Eyrum Við Spilum Endalaust

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

Man Man - Rabbit Habits

Islands - Arm's Way

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

The Black Keys - Attack & Release

Why? - Alopecia

Born Ruffians - Red, Yellow & Blue

The Hold Steady - Stay Positive

The Envy Corps - Dwell

Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride

The Magnetic Fields - Distortion

Also, the new Girl Talk album is available under the "pay what you want to pay/Radiohead" model here. If you havent heard of it, it's basically a mashup of rap/club hits with classic, modern, and indie rock songs. There are literally hundreds of different samples on the album. Pretty cool.

Totally agree with that Black Keys album!! :applause:

excellent choice...what album/song?

Currently I am listening to John Scofield's album Works for Me.

Lately though, I have been listening to the new Opeth CD, Watershed, non-stop. It gets about 2 listens a day at least. Fantastic stuff.

Kaki King has also been on heavy rotation as well. She writes some awesome chillax type music.

Anything off Deadwing, In Absentia or Fear of a Blank Planet, really. The song 'Arriving Somewhere But Not Here' is fantastic.

Archived