Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Dan Snyder approval rating chances to vote.

Art

Someone should start a JLC approval rating thread and let Steinberg stumble on that one.

Was this poll done by JLC? I posted a comment, but I directed it at JLC. Who is Jonathan Newton? Is he the photographer who took the pic of Snyder? Cause that whole thing confused me. Anyway, I was a bit irritated by reading the blog. I hadn't seen this thread yet, as I probably would have just posted here instead of posting in the blog.

The Post is generally frequented by those with lesser ties to the organization and less overall enthusiasm as fans of the team in general.

This is true. Over there I think you have a lot of people who claim to be "fans" of the team on some level, but who privately take perverse pleasure in seeing the Skins struggle because their hatred of Snyder doesn't allow them to just enjoy the team. Basically, we're talking about Czaban types.

I think it has to do with the wording of the poll on here - Dan Snyder's handling of the Redskins over the past few months - compared to the Post's much more general question - Do you approve of Dan Snyder?

This is true too. It is possible to not particularly care for Snyder as a person, but feel that he generally has the organization pointed in the right direction. In which case you might vote 'no' in the Post poll but 'yes' in the ES poll.

yeah the ES poll is far more accurate imo. Probably just stupid people who barely follow the Skins (yet think they know everything) voting anyway.

I think George Carlin said it best: "sometimes even a little brain damage can help."

Its an interesting poll, especially since it was inspired by Extremeskins. I often wonder how many stories in the papers are generated by this site. I know in the past I have read things in here, and a day later the theme was in the Post or the Times. I'm not saying that reporters fish here for ideas, but I know they do visit here often. I know if I had to write an article a day, I'd check the message boards to see what was interesting the fans, and write an article to get the most bang for my buck. The more papers sold, or hits on the website due to my article, the safer my job would be. All you need to do is file the serial numbers off and your home free.

Extremeskins.com is nothing but a bunch of kool-AID drinkers! Read my blog if you want unbiased commentary:

http://www.sportsblogger-sportsnewsdaily.blogspot.com/

Tarhog, OM and Art are unbiased? HAHAHAHAA!

Posted by: caphcky | June 16, 2008 9:03 PM

I question anyone who can't spell Burgundy right (Burgandy? HAHAHAHA).

The favorable votes are coming from the PR department, and the brainwashed shut-ins from the Extremeskins.com board.

Posted by: caphcky | June 17, 2008 11:49 AM

TMU preaches the truth! Extremeshutins.com give the Redskins a bad name.

Posted by: caphcky | June 17, 2008 12:54 PM

Pay the extremeskins.com shut-ins no mind. They're not of sound mind and body. They're nothing more than a bunch of gamers who sit in their parent's basement all day playing Madden and thinking by playing that they can be a GM in the NFL.

Posted by: caphcky | June 17, 2008 3:36 PM

Art, OM, TK (who thought he was cool by changing his handle to 21 for a while), and Zoony are nothing but corporate shills. Tarhog, Diehard and the rest of the old timers know what is going on. That's why they're distancing themselves from Snyder, Art and the rest of the shut-ins.

Posted by: caphcky | June 17, 2008 5:57 PM

Not only is this one completely off his rocker, but he's a Pats fan as well. Don't believe it? Hit his blog link he posted. :doh:

The big question in my mind is who is responsible for the buzz among players and fans (at least those who take the time to check the main site and watch the daily vids of Zorn etc).

At this stage it's all opinion based speculation so I'm going with The Danny taking half a step back, Vinny taking 3 steps forward and Zorn putting the icing on the cake.

Time will tell but in my time on these boards I don't recall such a feel good factor even during winning runs. There's still work to do and it won't happen overnight but it sure does look and sound like we are heading in the right direction.

This time around we really might have won the off season....

Time will tell but in my time on these boards I don't recall such a feel good factor even during winning runs. There's still work to do and it won't happen overnight but it sure does look and sound like we are heading in the right direction.

This time around we really might have won the off season....

I dunno......I think optimism ALWAYS seems to be the order of the day in the offseason. Hell, even if Snyder had pulled the trigger on Fassel, by now I think people would have accepted it and he'd still come in at least at 75 percent approval in this poll.

even if Snyder had pulled the trigger on Fassel, by now I think people would have accepted it and he'd still come in at least at 75 percent approval in this poll.

Approval maybe/maybe not. Excitement no.

The difference IMO is same old same old vs new and different. Acceptance vs excitement. We might suck only time will tell.

Wow, Snyder's getting destroyed.

Some people really are just blind haters.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5263979&postcount=126

It's as Coach Gibbs always said, "Until we win, we will be criticized." The hows and whys don't really matter as much, though they do temper my outlook on the last 9 years just a little. I do feel that Mr. Snyder's made a good faith effort to improve this team, but let's be honest: mistakes have been made. As long as the record remains on the wrong side, mistakes will be magnified.

...they've yet to have back to back winning seasons in 16 years, and only 1 division title in that span. Also, they've yet to advance past the divisional round in the playoffs during that span. That's simply not good enough.

In other words, I voted 'I disapprove'. I'm a homer through and through, and even I can see that things have been mishandled to a large degree through Mr. Snyder's term here. Not that positive things haven't happened, but they haven't been enough to balance the negative. Here's hoping that starts to change in the coming years.

If that happens, we'll all owe an even larger debt to Joe Jackson Gibbs then previously thought.

Archived