Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 3 things about your country you don't like

Koolblue13

In retaliation to Burgold thread. People seem to want to argue with each others favorites, so this should be interesting.

1. How we have allowed our Gov't to over grow and become it's own entity.

2. Our eating habits

3. Our celebration of Celebrities

I think that's a good start.

1. People that don't support American manufacturing by buying foreign cars

I love that we have the freedom and the options to buy anything in the world, but I do hate that people don't go out of their way to exersice that by buying American.

You mean one ounce of positivity and your done? We get gallons of grumpitude every day?

1. Too many take for granted what we have here.

2. Consumptionism and waste.

3. I hate that we seem to be going backwards. For the first time in U.S. history the life span of Americans is decreasing, our literacy rate is going down, the Canadien dollar is worth more than the U.S. dollar, etc.

1. Our gov't's often "superior" attitude when dealing w/other nations. What happened to being humble every now & then? And our constant need to throw money at other countries when US citizens are without every day.

2. WASTE..we waste so much in this country it's ridiculous. We throw out enough food to feed a small country and then complain about people going to bed hungry.

3. How we overlook the crisis that children in this country face on a daily basis. Children have the highest rate of homelessness in this country and for a world leader that's friggen embarrassing IMO!

1. How people don't like and don't trust the government, yet want to elect someone this fall who'll make it bigger and more intrusive. :doh:

I have to agree with that Spiff.

Increase the size and put a lawyer from a corrupt state in charge, who is riding the wave of a great campaign slogan and speech writers, but has a poor voting record and no experience.

At least it shows people are truly sick of how things are going. Now, if we could get them to pay more attention we could get somewhere.

Increase the size and put a lawyer from a corrupt state in charge, who is riding the wave of a great campaign slogan and speech writers, but has a poor voting record and no experience.

At least it shows people are truly sick of how things are going. Now, if we could get them to pay more attention we could get somewhere.

It's okay, we'll learn the hard way.

Aside from Eagles and Cowboys my #2 and #3:

2. Damned if we do, damned if we don't. People cry when we don't lend a hand, then criticize us for staying out of affairs sometimes.

3. Agree with Stickboi. Lack of pride over the past 50 years. My grandparents (one in WW2) would be shocked and disgusted with things the way they are today. It's sad.

1. The drug was and the ever expanding separation from the citizens and increased militarized power it creates within the police force

2. HUGE overemphasis on military might. Over half our federal budget is on the military and we're spread all over the ****ing world, involved in every else's problems and business.....just the opposite of the founders intent. The military holds far too much sway and import in this country

3. State's rights gradually being sapped over time and the central gov't becomes larger, more grotesque and more intrusive.

4. Basically that we're an empire headed for decline and that "great" change bringing generation of my parents lead us down one hell of an apathetic ****ed up road and now it's up to MY generation to fix all the crap lest we become the first generation in American history to leave our children in a worse situation with less opportunties than we had. That goes to Burgold's point, too. Most of you older folks won't even be around to deal with **** storm you've left us with so keep whining about libs and neo cons and do nothing, meanwhile, we're left with the mess created in the last 50 years.

4. Basically that we're an empire headed for decline and that "great" change bringing generation of my parents lead us down one hell of an apathetic ****ed up road and now it's up to MY generation to fix all the crap lest we become the first generation in American history to leave our children in a worse situation with less opportunties than we had. That goes to Burgold's point, too. Most of you older folks won't even be around to deal with **** storm you've left us with so keep whining about libs and neo cons and do nothing, meanwhile, we're left with the mess created in the last 50 years.

Agreed with this point. I hate my parents generation and their sense of entitlement as well as the fact that they think they're so great. They've butt****ed this country.

I think to a degree it's:

We tried it for 8 years the Republican and Conservative way and...

Bin Laden is still on the loose

we're in two wars

gas is 4.00 a gallon

the U.S. dollar is weaker than it's been in any of our lifetimes

Inflation is on the rise

Literacy is on the fall

Life span's are falling for a number of demographic groups

infant mortality is increasing

The U.S. government has begun advocating warrantless wiretaps, secret prisons, and torture

The deficit has been increased to a level that many of us couldn't count to within our lifetime.

etc.

and if that's what eight years of conservatism and Republican control has led us to, then maybe we ought to try a different approach.

1) The dumbing down of our educational system. (already dumbed down when I went through it... I'm not pulling one of those "back in my day" lines)

2) Our lack of balls. Most of our infrastructure projects, great building works, and crazy ass ideas occurred in the early half of the 20th century. Our aggressive space program petered out after the 60s. We don't seem to have the boldness, optimism, or risk taking nature to push forward now the way we did in the past.

3) Sprawl.

I think to a degree it's:

We tried it for 8 years the Republican and Conservative way and...

Don't be lazy, I know you're better than that. Not to derail this into a political thread (which is probably inevitable) but you know as well as I do that true Conservatives don't stand for what has happened under this administration.

Don't be lazy, I know you're better than that. Not to derail this into a political thread (which is probably inevitable) but you know as well as I do that true Conservatives don't stand for what has happened under this administration.

I completely agree with that but, he had a Republican Congress most of his stay there. If this is what happens under Republicans, not just Bush, who the hell are the real Conservatives?

Archived