Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Someone please explain to me......

One Shot

satriani has mentored a few badasses

please do not tell me you are thinking of kirk hammett.

Vai is one of the best guitarists I have ever heard in my life. He unlike many popular guitarists (Dragonforce's Herman Li & Dream Theater's John Petrucci come to mind) do not know when to turn their jets off, yet everyone seems to think that playing guitar like a machine is awesome. Shredding is cool for about 10 seconds then its boring because it is the same thing repeated over and over. Vai has a great sense of melody and is an all around fantastic guitarist.

One guitarist whose life was cut entirely too short was Randy Rhoads. That is the reason I picked up a guitar. The guy was on his way to being phenominal.

Someone please explain THIS to me...

How can someone go through life without eating meat?

Just kidding OneShot, you're all good, just felt like razzing you. I didn't bother to watch the vids, got no sound right now. I'll get around to it later (after I finish this giant hamburger).

Vai is one of the best guitarists I have ever heard in my life. He unlike many popular guitarists (Dragonforce's Herman Li & Dream Theater's John Petrucci come to mind) do not know when to turn their jets off, yet everyone seems to think that playing guitar like a machine is awesome. Shredding is cool for about 10 seconds then its boring because it is the same thing repeated over and over. Vai has a great sense of melody and is an all around fantastic guitarist.

One guitarist whose life was cut entirely too short was Randy Rhoads. That is the reason I picked up a guitar. The guy was on his way to being phenominal.

Dimebag was another.

SRV was yet another.

so many go before their time.

Question though; you dont think Kirk is an accomplished guitarist?

Dimebag was another.

SRV was yet another.

so many go before their time.

Question though; you dont think Kirk is an accomplished guitarist?

Kirk is okay. Satch has even said Kirk was pretty difficult to teach. I will say Kirk has chops and wrote some cool stuff, but I think my main issue with him is his excessive use of the wah pedal.:laugh: I just think there are more accomplished guitarists that do not get credit they deserve(Michael & Christopher Amott come to mind).

Kirk is okay. Satch has even said Kirk was pretty difficult to teach. I will say Kirk has chops and wrote some cool stuff, but I think my main issue with him is his excessive use of the wah pedal.:laugh: I just think there are more accomplished guitarists that do not get credit they deserve(Michael & Christopher Amott come to mind).

you really saying overuse of the wah pedal and NOT saying Vai? :laugh:

personally Im more the Kerry King/Dimebag/etc. fan

you really saying overuse of the wah pedal and NOT saying Vai? :laugh:

personally Im more the Kerry King/Dimebag/etc. fan

Vai uses a wah pedal well. Hammett's is just annoying as crap, ha.

Oh Dimebag. RIP. A sad day in metal that was. :(

I saw Vai on the G3 tour when it was Satch, Vai & Malmsteen. At the time I was a huge Yngwie fan and almost fell asleep in his set, ha. But then I caught a pick from him and I woke up. Worse part was that I was in the third row :laugh: Vai was absolutely mind blowing to watch. I would love to see him again. And Satch, well...incredible. The jam they did at the end was kind of funny because Yngwie kept trying to shred over Hendrix tunes and it was not working that well. Satch and Vai were tearing it up though. They are such soulful players. Gotta love it.

He would be one of Satch's suckasses... :laugh:

Lousy vibrato, lousy tone, lousy intonation. If I were Satch, I'd try to distance myself as far from Hammett as possible.

He would be one of Satch's suckasses... :laugh:

Lousy vibrato, lousy tone, lousy intonation. If I were Satch, I'd try to distance myself as far from Hammett as possible.

:laugh: if only people realized that about so many more guitar players :cough: Herman Li :cough:

Great video, but if I may:

I believe Terry Kath and Jose Feliciano are some of the most under rated guitarists of all time. I know someone mentioned Feliciano earlier in the thread, which I liked (Flight of the Bumble Bee always packs a punch); but I believe Kath was an amazing musician, considering his actual music reading skills were next to none.

I just wanted to put that out there for Terry Kath since he doesn't get nearly enough respect, in my opinion.

Archived