Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

She wants an abortion and you don't

Leonard Washington

Find yourself in an odd situation lately? :)

I'd say, time to look for another girlfriend because it's pretty clear your minds aren't in the same place. Pretty much you don't have a choice with what your girlfriend does with her body. Your wife maybe, but not your girlfriend.

I have a friend, his ex girlfriend had at least 3 abortions. He wanted to keep every last one of them, he wanted a kid and she didn't. They ended up breaking up after several rocky on and off periods and he's now with another girl. He has a beautiful little girl now, so looks like all worked out well.

I would really hope by the time she and I were sexually intimate with each other that we'd have had the discussion about what to do if she were to get pregnant. Unfortunately I realize that's not always the case in this day and age.

I don't believe the guy has the right to force her to carry the child for nine months under our current legal system. What I think SHOULD happen is not going to be useful in forwarding this conversation so I'll keep it to myself.

On the child support issue.... I'm torn. If she doesn't want the child, why should she pay child support? However, I'm sure in the opposite direction (she wants the kid and he doesn't) that our current system would force him to pay child support; which I think is wrong (so long as he's willing to give up all custodial rights).

This is the sort of situation that has become more frequent and tougher to deal with as our society has allowed the idea of children being born out of wedlock to become acceptable.

This happened to me, except it was my wife at that time. We had a 2 yo son when we found out she was pregnant. Her mother, who was constantly meddling in our marriage actually threatened my wife, that she would cut off her college funding and not watch our 2 yo son if she didn't get an abortion. I told the wife to tell her mother to take a hike, and that if she got an abortion the marriage was over. She did and it was.

But yes I think it's inequitable that you can't tell her to abort your child and when she doesn't, you're on the hook for 18 years (at least) but If you want the child and she doesn't TFB.

Dude, kids are worth fighting for no matter what the situation. You seem kind of bummed, I would say if your in this situation, put up one hell of a fight and get custody of the baby. Do it for her and the baby.
The guy has the right to make absolutely any argument he can to convince her not to do it.... that's, unfortunately, about it.

I think thats as much as the guy gets. It is truly unfortunate but even though its your child...you don't have to carry it or give birth.

Until the find out a way to gestate a baby outside of the womb or in your belly, you really have no choice in the matter, dems da rules, you just have to live by it.

BTW, isn't that something that would make you realize that you should not be together in the first place? If you differ on issues that much??? Also, and this one always questioned me, if a woman wants to get an abortion, and a guy wants to have the kid, don't you think that may be a sign she is cheating on you? I mean this happens too often, and most women would jump at the chance to have a child, so it makes you wonder.

Edit: The same thing happened to me, thats why I put it, not referencing anyone else, just for clarification.

Yeah, I think the guy should have some input into the abortion decision. But, the fetus is inside her body, and not inside his. In case of a tie, her opinion is the one that counts.

Child support? Unfortunately, if we make it so that "guys who say 'get an abortion' are exempt from child support", then we give guys a BIG financial motive to say they want an abortion. And I don't think Daddies should be able to escape child support simply by saying "I told her not to keep it".

Yeah, both positions suck for the guys. And yeah, there's something illogical about, at the moment of birth, the status of the fetus changes instantly from "It's none of your business" to "This is all your fault, you owe me!"

But, IMO, doing things any other way would be worse.

And I don't think Daddies should be able to escape child support simply by saying "I told her not to keep it".

It's not a laughing matter, but I find it totally hilarious. Just imagine the deadbeat dad in court saying, "I told that ***** not to keep it! I ain't payin' no alimonies!"

Sorry, it's just kind of funny to think what would happen if it were that way.

The current abortion laws are a joke. Men have zero stake in the life of their own child, but are on the hook financially no matter what. I can understand abortion being completely up to the woman if she is unmarried. I'm not talking about a 16 year old high school couple, or some college one night stand. When it is a husband and wife I think there needs to be mutual consent. Under the current laws your wife could go get an abortion if you piss her off, if she wants to go back to school, get a new job, gets scared....whatever the reason she can kill your child and you are hopeless to stop her. I think that law needs to be reevaluated in the case of a married couple.

This happened to me, except it was my wife at that time. We had a 2 yo son when we found out she was pregnant. Her mother, who was constantly meddling in our marriage actually threatened my wife, that she would cut off her college funding and not watch our 2 yo son if she didn't get an abortion. I told the wife to tell her mother to take a hike, and that if she got an abortion the marriage was over. She did and it was.

But yes I think it's inequitable that you can't tell her to abort your child and when she doesn't, you're on the hook for 18 years (at least) but If you want the child and she doesn't TFB.

Was that the right decision after all these years? Good to see you did not waver on your feelings.

Regarding the other comments about the laws they are there to protect the women. No matter when many guys would say I will be there to the end for that child well case after case has shown this is not true. I am not saying that every guy is a jerk, there are some on this site that are single parents that are great. The numbers over the year show that Women do get the short end of the stick the majority of the times. We can go live another life, they are then stuck with a child on their own.

What would you do if GF is pregnant and wants an abortion and you don't. Does the male have any rights in keeping the child? Would she have to pay child support?

Nothing. You have no rights. Its not your child . . . until its born and mommy wants some money.

And its pretty rare for a woman to pay child support. Usually she has to be pretty darn rich.

Current law and averages.

She decides if you have sex.

She decides if you have children.

She decides if you pay 18+years.

She decides when to kill the child.

if you have feelings, you better pick a chick that has them also.

Archived