Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskin Hall of Fame Snubs

Commander Adama

I was just reading something about Jerry Smith on here, so it got me to thinking since they have snubbed him from the Redskins, who else have they snumbbed? Also, with Art Monk finally getting into the Hall of Fame, who else has been snubbed for the Washington Redskins that needs to get in?

Here is my list by ranking:

1. Jerry Smith (His sexuality should have NOTHING to do with him getting into the HoF)

2. Joe Jacoby, Jeff Bostic, Mark May, George Starke and Russ Grimm

3. Dexter Manley

4. Gary Clark

5. Sam Huff

6. Mark Moseley

HTTR!!!

Yeah, you would think Moseley would be in being the sole kicker to win the MVP

Could you imagine if a kicker won the MVP during todays NFL?? That really is remarkable that Moseley actually won the MVP. Think about that. :notworthy :notworthy

I think Mosely oughtta get in for the MVP.

Dexter doesn't belong for his off-the-field issues. People may point to Irvin, but Irvin's problems never got him imprisoned or botted from the league. Dexter was dominant in the 1980s, but he doesn't belong in the Hall.

Not all of the Hogs deserve to get in, but Grimm, Jacoby and Lachey might have an argument.

When he's eligible, I think B-Mitch will be a future snub. I understand that he is a ST guy, but he was the best or near the best at his position for a decade.

Phil Simms is in the Hall somehow. What about Joe Theismann?

I think Mosely oughtta get in for the MVP.

Dexter doesn't belong for his off-the-field issues. People may point to Irvin, but Irvin's problems never got him imprisoned or botted from the league. Dexter was dominant in the 1980s, but he doesn't belong in the Hall.

Not all of the Hogs deserve to get in, but Grimm, Jacoby and Lachey might have an argument.

When he's eligible, I think B-Mitch will be a future snub. I understand that he is a ST guy, but he was the best or near the best at his position for a decade.

Phil Simms is in the Hall somehow. What about Joe Theismann?

Chris Hamburger should have been in the HOF after his fifth year of retirement. He was one hell of a LB.

I agree that the offensive linemen should all be there along with Gary Clark.

Moseley was also the last bare-foot kicker.
He was not a bare footed kicker. He was the last straight-on kicker. I wanna say Tony Franklin was the last bare-footed kicker. I will check....

EDIT: Jeff Wilkins kicked the first 7 weeks of 2002 barefooted, the last one to do so.

Yeah Chris Hanburger with 9 Pro Bowls should get more consideration. Part of the problem is that, overall, the Skins D wasn't that good then.

Grimm and Jacoby deserve serious consideration.

Jerry Smith too, though he's now become overshadowed by latter day super tight ends like Kellen Winslow, Tony Gonzales, and others.

Fair or not, Moseley won't be even remotely considered until Ray Guy is in. Which could be never.

Someone with some sway needs to start a push for one of the Hogs as being the best. Not two, just one. This is a case where four good lineman are keeping any one from getting in.

Clark will have a tough time getting in. When you look at who's coming up in the next few years and current players who will be right behind them, there just won't be any room at the inn for more receivers.

Hanburger probably has the best shot.

i'm a young guy... so...

just how good was moseley when he won the mvp? was he just incredibly accurate? or did hit a lot of 60-yarders?

In his career, Moseley was successful on 300 out of 457 attempts (65%), successful on 482 out of 512 extra points attempts (94%) and scored a total of 1,382 points.

i'm a young guy... so...

just how good was moseley when he won the mvp? was he just incredibly accurate? or did hit a lot of 60-yarders?

Pretty sure that's the season when he broke the record for most consecutive field goals. He hit a couple of game winning last second field goals.

His 46-yarder (?) in the last seconds at RFK - in a driving snowstorm -against the NY Giants won the game, broke the record, and clinched the division title for the Redskins.

Pretty sure that's the season when he broke the record for most consecutive field goals. He hit a couple of game winning last second field goals.

His 46-yarder (?) in the last seconds at RFK - in a driving snowstorm -against the NY Giants won the game, broke the record, and clinched the division title for the Redskins.

that is... awesome.

I go the opposite way with Mosely. I think it was insane that a kicker ever won MVP.

Anyway, the true snubs right now are Hansburger and Grimm. You can make a strong argument for Jacoby.

Dexter is a lot of things but is not a Hall of Famer. A few more years and lot less blow, he might have had a chance.

Gary Clarke is a fascinating idea. I've always felt that the people who knew football were the ones who made the argument that Clarke was far more important to those Skins teams than Monk. I wouldn't have a problem at all with him getting in. I just don't think it has a chance in Hell.

The idea of Mark May, Pro Football Hall of Famer is laughable. Same with Starke.

As great as Mosley's 1982 MVP season was, the nay sayers will point to the strike shortened season and the fact the NFL only played 9 regular season games that year. I definitely think he should be in, but be prepaired for the Peter Kings of the world to make arguments b/c of the abreviated schedule.

Also, I think Grimm and Jacoby have the best chances of making it in as the next Redskins b/c both were Hogs the entire run through all four SB's. Also, Grimm is still visible in the league today and Jacoby came from nowhere when he arrived here after having been undrafted and cut by Philly. Or was that Bostic?

I know Darryl Grant was drafted as an o-lineman and converted to the other side.

Archived