Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskin Hall of Fame Snubs

Commander Adama

There should be AT LEAST one Hog in the HOF. Hanburger is a good choice as well.

As for Mosely, I just dont know. He was a great kicker, but apart from that MVP year was he one of the best EVER? Because that's what you have to be to make the HOF at that position.

A. Peter King voted (FINALLY) for Art Monk for the Hall of Fame.

B. Peter King argued for years that Gary Clark was actually the more feared receiver on the Redskins, justifying why he voted against Monk year after year.

C. I'll take Peter King at his word.

A+B+C = Gary Clark deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

I think Mosely oughtta get in for the MVP.

Dexter doesn't belong for his off-the-field issues. People may point to Irvin, but Irvin's problems never got him imprisoned or botted from the league. Dexter was dominant in the 1980s, but he doesn't belong in the Hall.

Not all of the Hogs deserve to get in, but Grimm, Jacoby and Lachey might have an argument.

When he's eligible, I think B-Mitch will be a future snub. I understand that he is a ST guy, but he was the best or near the best at his position for a decade.

Phil Simms is in the Hall somehow. What about Joe Theismann?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Grimm on the ballot this year? So he has atleast been mentioned. I guess I'll give him a half snub, because there is a chance he gets in soon.

A. Peter King voted (FINALLY) for Art Monk for the Hall of Fame.

B. Peter King argued for years that Gary Clark was actually the more feared receiver on the Redskins, justifying why he voted against Monk year after year.

C. I'll take Peter King at his word.

A+B+C = Gary Clark deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

I agree the Clark NEEDS to be in, and its too bad they couldn't get him and Monk in the same year.

But I will say, that even though it took forever, I'm very excited that Art is finally getting the attention he deserves but does not ask for. :2cents:

Just a word of caution: we need to be careful who we "start campaigns" for in the future.

Part of the reason for the success of the Monk campaign as of late is because after the length of it, it caused some voters to consider how much he did mean and how much he was loved. In other words, the sincerity of the Monk campaign is what ultimately made it successful. Sincerity, like most things, suffers from inflationary pressures. If we immediately start the next campaign, the campaign will look less like one based in merit and more like one driven by a fanbase who just wants all of their players in the Hall. The goodwill and sincerity of the Monk campaign will be questioned. And what does that say about Monk's honor if we start the "The Hall of Fame is worthless without [insert Redskins player here] in it"?

We have the 3rd most number of players in the Hall. That's really good. We certainly aren't being snubbed as a franchise. Grimm already has a very good chance on his own. After that, there will probably be another Hog at some point. Then we'll have a dry spell until probably Samuels.

He was not a bare footed kicker. He was the last straight-on kicker. I wanna say Tony Franklin was the last bare-footed kicker. I will check....

EDIT: Jeff Wilkins kicked the first 7 weeks of 2002 barefooted, the last one to do so.

I want to say David Treadwell was the last FULL TIME barefooted kicker. Concur?

In this order should be the next HOFers for the Redskins:

Grimm

Hanburger (may have to get in on the veterans committe)

Jacoby

Some players that are on the edge of yes or no:

Clark

Lachey

Mann

Won't ever make it"

Mosley

Manley

Theismann

Any other HOG.

I think you've gotten it right. Nevertheless, it would be a shame if Lachey misses. He was a great OT. The equal of Big Jake, IMO.

What about Larry Brown? He defintely is very worthy. Also I think Jacoby deserves it more than Grimm, though hopefully one of the two will get the Gary Zimmerman award next season

Larry Brown??? Fun to watch, but only had two 1000 seasons and finished with 5875 yards (70th all time). Terrell Davis had more than that in three seasons. Of modern day running backs, only Gale Sayers is in the HOF with less yards than Brown. There are more than a few RBs with over 10k yards that won't sniff the HOF.

I think you've gotten it right. Nevertheless, it would be a shame if Lachey misses. He was a great OT. The equal of Big Jake, IMO.

I thought about Lachey and that is why I put him on the fence. He's close, but he never got the recongition because he was so quiet and so efficient. He moved Jake over to RT when we got him.

For those of you who have never seen a pix of Jerry Smith take a look.

Jerry Smith

Height: 6-3 Weight: 208 Deceased

Born: 7/19/1943 Eugene , OR

College: Arizona State

Experience: 13 Seasons

career_statistics.gif

REC421

YDS5,496

AVG13.1

TDS60

In this order should be the next HOFers for the Redskins:

Grimm

Hanburger (may have to get in on the veterans committe)

Jacoby

Some players that are on the edge of yes or no:

Clark

Lachey

Mann

Won't ever make it"

Mosley

Manley

Theismann

Any other HOG.

I fully agree with this list with one exception. Bostic definitely deserves to be in. He was the mainstay center for the hogs for a decade. The hogs as a group were the first true celebrity O-linemen in the NFL. The three mainstays of Bostic, Grimm, and Jacoby deserve recognition for this feat.

I fully agree with this list with one exception. Bostic definitely deserves to be in. He was the mainstay center for the hogs for a decade. The hogs as a group were the first true celebrity O-linemen in the NFL. The three mainstays of Bostic, Grimm, and Jacoby deserve recognition for this feat.

I'd probably put him on the edge with Lachey. Remember in the late 80's he lost his job and rode the bench.

Colt Brennan...

j/k..sorry couldn't help it.

I think Theisman would have had a shot, had his career not been cut short. Can you get in as an announcer? (another joke, I'm on a roll today.)

Archived