Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Member input wanted (Sean Taylor)

Pete

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes. It wouldn't bother me to have a forum dedicated to that if the need be. I personally just don't click on the threads I don't want to read...but apparently that's too difficult for some members. So a forum may be necessary so we can cut down on the threads that bash the threads about ST.:)

Couldn't agree more

great idea. as sad as taylors death was, it does get annoying having to sift through 800 sean taylor tribute threads just to get back to the redskins/football talk. if all that stuff was put in one forum, itd be a much cleaner board.
It's not that I don't still feel bad for his family and us, but I want to move on. I come here to see what people say about football, and football is probably the last thing on Sean's mind right now.

I think it's a great idea Pete.

It really isn't my idea. I've seen members bring it up more then once over the past few months.

Wow....for real?!

I voted no....I think it will be a lot easier after the trail is over....and this thing is no longer in the news.

Obviously Sean Taylor will not be forgotten especially not by skins fans...

I dont really think his own forum is necessary:2cents:

I wish I could agree, but haven't seen any indication that it will stop any time after the trials. It will just get those people that can't let him go even more active in their postings IMHO.

I think it would be a good idea. It will reduce the clutter, especially with the up coming trials.

That's pretty much where I stand.

Perfect idea.

Send all the Taylor threads to one forum so that the posters can all support one another, and hopefully one day enjoy life and Redskins football again.

Taylor's death was beyond tragic for his family, friends, loved ones and all Skins fans. However, there is a time when you need to let go and realize that retiring his number, making a statue for him at FedEx, having a mural for him etc will not bring the man back.

I think the "memorial" type threads could easily belong to a ST forum, but I would like to see timely news about the trial continue to be posted in the stadium. ST is still a Redskin in my book. The grieving and what if threads don't belong here, but the news does. The Stadium is my one stop Skins news shop. You really have to go far afield to find all the stuff that is comprehensively collected and displayed in the Stadium. I would hate to see that change.

yes,that way those who dont want to read bout him wont complain and those who would like to talk bout him have a place to post all their thoughts

They're gonna complain no matter what.

If someone mentions a "21" connection in a thread, you'll have people saying "wrong forum" even though the thread they posted on is not about Sean Taylor. For example: let's say we beat the Giants in the opening game by 21 points. Someone's gonna bring up the "21" aspect within the game thread or within follow up threads. And when they do, the same people complaining about too many tribute threads will complain about those posts as well. It'll start to sound like some fans don't want Sean Taylor mentioned at all in the Stadium.

We'll also have to deal with those people who ridicule the ST forum, saying things like "Have you been over there? It's scary. Those people need to get over Taylor's death and stop coming up with so many tribute ideas...", etc, etc. Others will say they agree, and the complaining will continue. The same people who find it impossible to simply not click on a thread about ST will also find it impossible to not visit the ST forum. You KNOW they'll be heading over there regularly anyway, just to see what's being said. It's the same reason they continuously click on ST threads in the Stadium forum even though they keep saying they're tired of them.

I think having a ST forum might be a good idea...although I suspect that when all the supposedly numerous Taylor tribute threads are moved over there, we'll find out that there are, in reality, only a handful of threads about ST being created and not the gobs of threads it's being made out to seem like now. It'll look like a rarely used forum, with only 9 or 10 threads going and only 12 posts in the last week. Meanwhile, the 247th thread ****ing about Snyder in the Stadium forum will have 19 pages of posts and responses. And nobody will suggest we have a Snyder forum lol.

And by the way, for the segment of ESers who want a Sean Taylor forum in order to "clean up the clutter" of all the ST tribute threads or because "I hate having to wade through all the ST tribute threads in order to find threads that are talking about football", I just checked the first three pages of threads. There are 120 threads on those first three pages, not including the sticky threads.

Out of those 120 threads, a grand total of 4 threads were about Sean Taylor. And two of them were updates about the trial.

So let me ask...how hard is it REALLY to wade through all four of those ST threads and find ones about football? How much clutter would REALLY be cleaned up by moving those four threads into their own forum?

Good points have been raised. If a separate forum is created, it would need to be clear that a temporary ban or something else would happen if someone goes there bashing people for continuing to talk about Sean, for suggesting changing the stadium's name, or whatever. In my opinion, if we create a separate forum, it should be a positive place to remember Sean and to support those who still are working through their grief.

Archived