Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Member input wanted (Sean Taylor)

Pete

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes, create a Sean Taylor forum ASAP so all the fans who obsess over him and his memory 24/7 can post message after message. Boy, good thing John Riggins or Daryl Green wasn't murdered. And no, I'm not gonna apologize. Some of you folks need to get a life! I was crushed when I read about his death at 5 AM that fateful morning....everybody was. But for crying out loud....at some point as a person you need to move on...nothing wrong with cherishing his memory, but when you start becoming a nut-case about it all...

I wonder if there is a way to set up a separate forum for the articulate, eloquent people.

Maybe the permissions will be doled out based on a basic grammar test and a 10 or better on the Wonderlic. That should keep guys like me from having to read the inane drivel that comes out of some people. I guess I should get over myself because I "respectfully disagreed" with you and you had get all low-brow with your responses to my opinion. What a bummer for me....

Now, to my original question.

Does anyone have a copy or a link to the 2008 Pro Bowl tribute the NFC did for Sean Taylor? They showed a video in the second quarter and had a missing man formation. I would really like to see it.

I don't care about you exchange with Redsunday, but you do need to get over yourself. Your suggestion of a special forum clearly says you think you're better then the general membership. When people can't look beyond grammatical issues, and state people aren't smart enough to converse with them before taking standardized testing, they put themselves in a poorer light then the person they think their better then.

As for your question on the link, somebody with your smarts should be able to do a simple search to find it.

:cheers:

I don't care about you exchange with Redsunday, but you do need to get over yourself. Your suggestion of a special forum clearly says you think you're better then the general membership. When people can't look beyond grammatical issues, and state people aren't smart enough to converse with them before taking standardized testing, they put themselves in a poorer light then the person they think their better then.

As for your question on the link, somebody with your smarts should be able to do a simple search to find it.

:cheers:

Or to simply create their own message board. :)

As always, this board is what you make it.

Well, after 5 days, we've had a total of 576 votes. I was hoping for more then that actually. While it gives a solid indication, we have quite a few more active members, which tells me that more people don't care either way enough to comment.

I'd say it was a blow out in favor of a forum to condense the ST threads into their own place, with 77.43%.... 446 replies. I don't see it as enough input to make the staff stand up and say...... Hey, we need this.

Well, after 5 days, we've had a total of 576 votes. I was hoping for more then that actually. While it gives a solid indication, we have quite a few more active members, which tells me that more people don't care either way enough to comment.

I'd say it was a blow out in favor of a forum to condense the ST threads into their own place, with 77.43%.... 446 replies. I don't see it as enough input to make the staff stand up and say...... Hey, we need this.

I agree with you,out of 576 votes what is that in conjunction to total memebership,if only 576 respond with a memebership of lets say 20,000 members I would look at it as.............not worth it.

I agree with you,out of 576 votes what is that in conjunction to total memebership,if only 576 respond with a memebership of lets say 20,000 members I would look at it as.............not worth it.

Actually, we have over 70K in registered members. Of course, out of the 70K, the active membership is far lower. Being the off season, the number would be decreased even more. Even If we based it on 2500, it's still very small sampling of the membership. Around 23%............

I didn't take the time to read every response here, but my feeling is that it's a great idea to have a permanent, dedicated archive of all threads Sean Taylor.

Having said that, I don't think that people should be "forced" to post all threads Sean Taylor there. Much like many, I often check out The Stadium and only The Stadium, and I wouldn't want to miss something interesting regarding ST because I forgot to check the memorial forum that day.

The idea of someone posting something interesting that's related to ST in The Stadium, and being chastised for it by mod or other, definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I favor the idea of a special forum where all ST threads are archived, where you CAN post but not where you MUST post. Anything ST related could be moved over there after a day, or maybe a few days, of life in The Stadium.

I would think that posts related to him will taper off over time, so that the sheer volume of them won't be the nuisance that it apparently is to some.

I'm voting no, based on my understanding of what's being proposed.

I didn't take the time to read every response here, but my feeling is that it's a great idea to have a permanent, dedicated archive of all threads Sean Taylor.

Having said that, I don't think that people should be "forced" to post all threads Sean Taylor there. Much like many, I often check out The Stadium and only The Stadium, and I wouldn't want to miss something interesting regarding ST because I forgot to check the memorial forum that day.

The idea of someone posting something interesting that's related to ST in The Stadium, and being chastised for it by mod or other, definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I favor the idea of a special forum where all ST threads are archived, where you CAN post but not where you MUST post. Anything ST related could be moved over there after a day, or maybe a few days, of life in The Stadium.

I would think that posts related to him will taper off over time, so that the sheer volume of them won't be the nuisance that it apparently is to some.

I'm voting no, based on my understanding of what's being proposed.

Excellent idea, I'd agree with this as well :applause:...

Archived