Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kelley vs Thomas: Greater Impact as a Rookie (Merged)

Skins&Bones

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

They are our 3rd and 4th string WRs so....i will pick both. Thomas is like Boldin after the catch with the RAC ability.....Kelly on the other hand is 6' 4 and can jump HIGH so he will probably be used alot in the redzone with more TDs. Thomas will get us first downs..going down the field and Kelly will finish the drive off.

I think Kelly is going to have more of an impact. Nothing to do with schedual or how they played, I just think that he is further along in route running and has better hands. He might not be as explosive, but I think he is going to be more polished and reliable and will be able to get into the lineup quicker than Thomas. I look to him to be the 3rd WR on opeing day.

Unless Kelly develops a better grasp of the offense, clearly, than Thomas does. Thomas will get more plays in more packages. My guess is Thomas is seen as the guy penciled in for the 3rd spot. With Kelly contributing as a roll player.

Curious if they see Kelly, with the potentially fragile knees, as a special teams guy?

Kelly will. He has had a longer career. Thomas really is still learning the position. He doesnt run great routes yet. Give him a couple of years. He will be a stud. Kelly will have a good year this year. He had the best hands in the draft and catches anything in his area. Will be fun to watch them both progress.

There is something about the way Kelly carries himself. He seems sharp, confident and has a chip. He has produced in a tough conference in big games, but the same could be said for Thomas. I think we'll see Kelly show some real acrobatics and emerge as that big target that we've been waiting for. Thomas is the speedster/explosive guy.

While I wasn't jumping for joy over the selections as a whole (wanted to see a solid DE taken) it is quite comforting to know that there is serious talent at the WR position.

I think Thomas will have @ 30 catches 500 yards. Clutch and a good return man.

Kelly 40-45 catches 8 TD's 700 yards.

An injury to either Moss or Randle El doesn't hurt us like it did last year.

Too close to call. I think they're both going to make an impact.

As others have stated, Thomas will get more yards/catches, but Kelly will have more TD's.

Now...how will F. Davis do?

Davis will do better than them two, since he will be so relaxed and rested after sleeping thru all the meetings and practices. :silly:

I agree with most of you about Thomas getting more catches and Kelly more TDs.

I pick Thomas because he's a better RAC threat then Kelley is. I don't remember too many plays where Kelly was breaking alot of tackles to get in the zone, just verticals and posts patterns for TD's! I could be wrong but just my observation.:2cents:

I like Thomas.

Just not sure if Kelly will be able to get separation at this level.

He had a bad quad at the combine, so I think he's faster than his time there. That, and he's very explosive off the line. At least that is what the coaches keep raving about.

Based on the average receiver picked in the 1st and 2nd rounds, one will be a total bust and the other will have minor contributions in year 1. We should rename this "The Ultimate Speculation" thread. I hope they both do great but everything at this point is a guess. I do think they both have the talent to avoid being part of my first sentence. Let's hope it works out.

I think Thomas will make it onto the field simply because he is hungry right now, while Kelly doesn't seem to be putting in the heart that Thomas is. So, I think Thomas will be on the field sooner providing more of an impact.

How can we, as fans who (as far as I understand) have not been at a practice session or meeting, determine who is "putting in heart" to the greatest extent?

Statements like this bother me; we don't know how hard either of them is working right now. We see camp footage and introduction video, period. There is no way to accurately say "X is working harder and wants it more than Y." I hope they are both successful, but I have no idea how Zorn will utilize either and as such can't make a distinction this early.

Also Thomas has alot of doubters since he was a "one year wonder" or thought to be at least....he even gave a reason that he was stuck behind seniors and when given PT he exploded. He is coming into his own and like some said in this thread will be a bigger Wes Welker for us.

And Kelly can be the next Randy Moss...:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I will go with Thomas simply because he will move the chains more so than Kelly. If Thomas considers his game on par with Hines Ward, keeping in mind how Ward plays, then I will say Thomas will be more productive than Kelly.

Kelly has the ability to show up catching the ball across the middle and the end zone. Thomas will have more catches and more yards. Devin will use his physical skills to muscle the ball for more yardage after the catch.

But, I think a better competition will be between Kelly and Mix.

Archived