Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kelley vs Thomas: Greater Impact as a Rookie (Merged)

Skins&Bones

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I get the impression a lot of people here like Kelly a lot though the Skins brass and "experts" chose and projected Thomas ahead of him.

Which of the two do Skins fans think will play ahead of or better than the other? Only educated opinions please. Personally, I don't know enough about either to have an educated opinion.

I get the impression a lot of people here like Kelly a lot though the Skins brass and "experts" chose and projected Thomas ahead of him.

Which of the two do Skins fans think will play ahead of or better than the other? Only educated opinions please. Personally, I don't know enough about either to have an educated opinion.

I think Thomas will be better because he seems to be the better fit in the WC offense. I'm predicting a lot of YAC in the short future.

I still think Kelly will be a good WR in this league. I think he could be a solid possession receiver that is a huge red zone threat.

Best case scenario...they are our #1 and #2 wrs by 2010.

I think Kelly will be better for the first half of the season, then Thomas will do better for the latter half.

For the first half of the season, our offense is going to be sloppy. I mean, we are implementing a entirely new offense, for crying out loud. Not to mention that Jason is going to be adjusting to the new stances, etc. from Zorn. This means that the timing and accuracy on many passes is going to be off. Since Kelly's biggest strength is bailing out quarterbacks by catching bad passes, he is going to be a excellent saefty valve as our offense starts off slowly.

For the second half, we should be a lot more confortable in the offense, and Campbell will be able to hit recievers in stride far more. This is a boon to Thomas, whose main strength is his ability to turn short passes into big gains using his agility and quickness. Kelly will still get his passes, especially in the red zone, but Thomas is going to be in position to get much more yardage. During this time, I really think Thomas will bump ARE to the slot position, since Thomas is a very good fit for the West Coast offense which demands good YAC.

Thomas has a lot more potential, and I think while he might not be better this season, he will be better by this time next year. I'm not completely sold on Kelly and was kind of hoping for Limas Sweed but still think he is a great receiver.

I think Thomas will be better because he seems to be the better fit in the WC offense. I'm predicting a lot of YAC in the short future.

I still think Kelly will be a good WR in this league. I think he could be a solid possession receiver that is a huge red zone threat.

Best case scenario...they are our #1 and #2 wrs by 2010.

And if Santana doesn't step up his game, maybe 2008. ARE is already going back in the slot, so one of those two is going to be #2, or flanker, or whatever the new name is. Unless Mix or Mathis turn out to be real sleepers.

Archived